Page 193 of 434 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197203243293 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 6499
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Supposedly a POX Variant lol

Mike Huddleston

Not my favorite really...

Incredible Member hedgehogvampire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post

Mike Huddleston

Wow, this is awesome looking! I really love the look of this one.
    My pull list: Sonic the Hedgehog, TMNT, Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Marauders, X-men, Excalibur

Astonishing Member

Mike Huddleston

Same that Magik just looks off and either the new soulsword or the old one. Never both.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Is Xavier the only morally ambiguous mutant? Is he the one who has ever mind wiped people or used teenagers as soldiers? Has he been responsible for multiple deaths as some others have been? I will put Xavier's sins up against a multitude of other X-men, he gets into Heaven ahead of a lot of other x-characters.
    Well I don’t think heaven should ever have been in the books, but Aaron actually only included the extreme hinterland of heaven and what that actually means was left somewhat ambiguous. So arguments about who gets to heaven are not really as straightforward as all that and personally I don’t have a dog in that fight.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I think one of the biggest shockers is that Kid Cable is still around. I thought he would be shortlived
    I was very surprised that they kept him around especially that he wasn't well-received, then I thought maybe Kid Cable exist in the first place and was created in Extermination because Hickman wanted him for his books?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    I was very surprised that they kept him around especially that he wasn't well-received, then I thought maybe Kid Cable exist in the first place and was created in Extermination because Hickman wanted him for his books?
    People thought the same thing about the 05 and that they would be gone the moment Bendis left the books. But they stayed around for a bit longer.

Kid Cable was only introduced last year they'll probably get another year or two of mileage out of him before bringing back OG Cable.

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    After giving HOX some thought, there is plenty of reasons to believe not all is as it seems and trouble is just around the corner.

I’m not sure how it returned to earth after being blasted into space. But Krakoa has a long history of taking on the form of the island’s flora and fauna, luring mutants to the island, and feeding off mutants as an energy source. Comicvine also notes “Krakoa was also depicted as possessing massive psionic power (enough to rival that of Xavier himself).” All that’s to say, maybe that isn’t Xavier and the team. The pods certainly call to mind invasion of the body snatchers. We could be seeing extensions of Krakoa emerging from those pods attempting to lure mutants to the island. It certainly seems focused on gathering and acquiring Omega level mutants.
    We don’t know for certain it really is on Earth. It is marked as being within an empty box on the map. That’s kind of weird. There could be some translocation going on. It may be partly there and partly not. Regardless, it certainly is stretched out to other locations that may or may not include the habitats because the overall size is bigger than the Pacific Island size. I wonder how fast that disparity will grow.

It is worth saying, I think the large dark area is underwater for aquatic mutants and not representative of No-Place.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    People thought the same thing about the 05 and that they would be gone the moment Bendis left the books. But they stayed around for a bit longer.

Kid Cable was only introduced last year they'll probably get another year or two of mileage out of him before bringing back OG Cable.
    You underestimate Marvel. The O5 got a good 5 years in before going back, so that means we get a good 4 years of Wifi before he goes back, and we're introduced to a time displaced Xavier and Magneto.

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    You underestimate Marvel. The O5 got a good 5 years in before going back, so that means we get a good 4 years of Wifi before he goes back, and we're introduced to a time displaced Xavier and Magneto.
    And if my theory is correct, Hickman may have just pulled the O5 back yet again, only this time not time displaced.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    And if my theory is correct, Hickman may have just pulled the O5 back yet again, only this time not time displaced.
    Ohhh. That sounds interesting, care to elaborate?

Ohhh. That sounds interesting, care to elaborate?
    Well we need to wait and see, and I have extrapolated a lot of things that may not be true to this story to get there.

I think it is possible Cerebro was always a consciousness recording device, combine that with the recent complete DNA record of all mutants (someone remind me which book this was), and the ability to grow new mutants in Krakoa, and you have the ability to resurrect teenage Cyclops. Or anyone else from the entire canon at that specific point in the canon.

Now look at that first scene and tell me it isn’t possible.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 07-28-2019 at 05:03 AM.

Well we need to wait and see, and I have extrapolated a lot of things that may not be true to this story to get there.

I think it is possible Cerebro was always a consciousness recording device, combine that with the recent complete DNA record of all mutants (someone remind me which book this was), and the ability to grow new mutants in Krakoa, and you have the ability to resurrect teenage Cyclops. Or anyone else from the entire canon at that specific point in the canon.

Now look at that first scene and tell me it isn’t possible.
    Ah. So you're saying that theoretically any X-Man from anytime period could come back with just the memories of the era they're from? Interesting, and that could also tie into POX since some think that all the mutants there are amalgam of different X-Men, so you might very well be right.

Ah. So you're saying that theoretically any X-Man from anytime period could come back with just the memories of the era they're from? Interesting, and that could also tie into POX since some think that all the mutants there are amalgam of different X-Men, so you might very well be right.
    Indeed that’s where I started. Amalgam characters in a world with genetic pods creating individuals, it’s only a short hop to combinations of characters. Genetically or even psychologically created children. Then add spooky Cerebro-head Xavier and you get my theory.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 07-28-2019 at 05:57 AM.

Indeed that’s where I started. Amalgam characters in a world with genetic pods creating individuals, it’s only a short hop to combinations of characters. Genetically or even psychologically created children. Then add spooky Cerebro-head Xavier and you get my theory.
    Not to mention Mr Sinister seems to have a big role in all this. So I definitely see some genetic manipulation being a major key in these books.

BANNED

Mike Huddleston

This is me going along with my baby sis' ideas for playing.

Except we are waaay less white than the Rasputins and with no creepy aspects on our relationship, thankfully.