Page 202 of 434 FirstFirst ... 102152192198199200201202203204205206212252302 ... LastLast
Results 3,016 to 3,030 of 6499

Or the preview will be late, saturday or even on monday. Or marvel just decided to not have previews, I find it very unlikely.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I find it odd that people pay such attention to previews. I get very frustrated with ongoing discussions towards Wednesday as they get more and more informed by preview spoilers. Mostly because a couple of pages never really gives us enough context anyway. So, I would be delighted if they are not doing any.
    I love having prev-pages, if only for a taste of the visual morsel of the main course to come.
    But yes...the pages and pages of mindless, tedious speculation (of just three pages) that follow can be irksome...that's why I very rarely engage.
    I have to admit though...not seeing anything so far truly heightens expectations...like back in the day when there was no internet and I had no choice but to wait to see and read the next issue.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Or the preview will be late, saturday or even on monday. Or marvel just decided to not have previews, I find it very unlikely.
    Yeah I'm pretty sure we'll be getting a preview tomorrow or Monday.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I love having prev-pages, if only for a taste of the visual morsel of the main course to come.
    But yes...the pages and pages of mindless, tedious speculation (of just three pages) that follow can be irksome...that's why I very rarely engage.
    I have to admit though...not seeing anything so far truly heightens expectations...like back in the day when there was no internet and I had no choice but to wait to see and read the next issue.
    Ii love the speculation. Always fun to see how close or far some theories got. Plus it's just extra entertainment during a wait.

But yeah, previews aren't gonna show spoilers. It's more just getting a glimpse of the set-up & seeing the art. I have loved Larraz's art since being introduced to him in Duggan's Uncanny Avengers. So seeing the characters in his style again will be a treat.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Ii love the speculation. Always fun to see how close or far some theories got. Plus it's just extra entertainment during a wait.

But yeah, previews aren't gonna show spoilers. It's more just getting a glimpse of the set-up & seeing the art. I have loved Larraz's art since being introduced to him in Duggan's Uncanny Avengers. So seeing the characters in his style again will be a treat.
    I only really look at the art. I don’t allow my eyes to linger on the text. Glimpses of art are always inspiring.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Whats the significance of certain issues being in red text in the read order?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Most important issues

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Those are supposed to be the most important chapters. Ones that will have the biggest game-changing events or reveals.

I know it is rather naive of me to expect there to be a simple answer to this question, but in the House of X script Hickman refers to Zorn and Xorn in that diplomatic sequence. Now I am aware that there are canonically two Xorn brothers and that in the 1610 one is Zorn, but is there now a Zorn in the current universe. Is this yet another “the two universes have been folded into each other” thing? Has there been precedence for a Zorn in recent, post Secret Wars comics?

For example the Marvel fandom wiki just handwaves it and says he is a renamed Shen Xorn. That’s awfully convenient and not very convincing.

Xorn makes my head hurt. I don’t really understand why Marvel wanted him to remain in the comics regardless of the Magneto problem. What do we do with confusing characters? Double them!

This wouldn’t be too much of a problem if it wasn’t for the appearance in Powers of X which suggests this new Zorn will be part of the new status quo somehow. As the first appearance in the 1610 was in Hickman’s Hawkeye book perhaps he is reclaiming that character somehow?
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 08-03-2019 at 03:31 AM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

It's worth noting that it is not just in the reading order.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    It's worth noting that it is not just in the reading order.
    What do you mean?

What do you mean?
    The "Red" copy.

It doesn't just turn up in the "Reading Order..." list. It turns up in at least one other place.

Unless folks really think they won't find it, it's worth the reread.

The "Red" copy.

It doesn't just turn up in the "Reading Order..." list. It turns up in at least one other place.

Well I think it amounts to the same thing. A reading order can just as easily be a sequence of pointers, which can equate to a list.

Spectacular Member

I know it is rather naive of me to expect there to be a simple answer to this question, but in the House of X script Hickman refers to Zorn and Xorn in that diplomatic sequence. Now I am aware that there are canonically two Xorn brothers and that in the 1610 one is Zorn, but is there now a Zorn in the current universe. Is this yet another “the two universes have been folded into each other” thing? Has there been precedence for a Zorn in recent, post Secret Wars comics?
    The first 616 Xorn, Kuan-Yin Xorn (star brain), hasn't reappeared since he died posing as Magneto, possessed by Sublime on Kick, and his brother, Shen-Xorn (Black hole brain, Zorn in the Ultimate Universe), is the one depicted in House of X #1 in the white robes.

The costume (and coloring of the exposed energy in House of X), is that of Kuan-Yin or Xorn in the Ultimate Universe, not Zorn (look the tunic pattern and sleeve coloring, and the bright/yellow coloring of the energy around his head). The blue coloring in Powers of X is the only Zorn indicator, and I think that's from the blue atmospheric coloring in the whole background of that panel.

I think it's just a costume change to give him a unique look, since his 616 version wore the Morrison New X-Men look, and Magneto's costume, and borrowed the Ultimate's look.

It's worth noting the Ultimate versions of Xorn and Zorn were not even Mutants, so their inclusion makes less than no sense.

Both the 616 versions of them had died, Kuan-Yin in New X-Men, and most recently, Shen in X-Men: Blue. I think they're part of Krakoa's mass resurrections. I think the handwave of a costume makes a lot of sense, more so than handwaving resurrecting and transplanting Ultimate Celestials/Eternals leaders and aligning themselves with the 616 Mutants, since Hickman's even said non-Mutants shouldn't be X-Men.
    Last edited by ISnowNothin; 08-03-2019 at 10:33 AM.

The "Red" copy.

why you being elusive? Just write it. Spoiler tag it if necessary