Page 206 of 434 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216256306 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 6499
    Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

you guys really like consolidating threads around here huh. I was afraid there would be people who didnt want to see that... Whatever it may be.

Looks like Moira extracted some mutant juice. I really like where this is going, I wonder if we'll see Rahne or Shadow King. [Also there was some shade thrown in the text in the next panel they showed on Marvel Minute. edit: They also omitted Thunderbird ]
    Last edited by Graphicisnovel; 08-05-2019 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Graphicisnovel View Post
    Also there was some shade thrown in the text in the next panel they showed on Marvel Minute. edit: They also omitted Thunderbird ]
    I mean, it is a lost decade... really.

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    I mean, it is a lost decade... really.
    Agree

I got a feeling Xavier isn’t going to emerge from this one as a hero. HOX1 exposition page says “No Place” is a tumor that Krakoa isn’t aware of. This implies Krakoa is sentient and Xavier is using it. And for what? HOX1’s opening HR Geiger pod people scene doesn’t look too good. Similarly, Whedon established Xavier enslaved sentient Shiar technology as the danger room.

Krakoa’s starting to sound like another example of Xavier exploiting people and things for his vision. His dream is admirable and you can certainly take issue w/his “by any means” exploitations. But ultimately its the results that matter. If all the X-men’s encounters with the future are any indication, Xavier’s dream is somehow fundamentally flawed.

I mean is there anything that Xavier has done that IS admirable/good?

C’mon Wednesday.
    Last edited by HomoSuperior; 08-05-2019 at 11:34 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    I got a feeling Xavier isn’t going to emerge from this one as a hero. HOX1 exposition page says “No Place” is a tumor that Krakoa isn’t aware of. This implies Krakoa is sentient and Xavier is using it. And for what? HOX1’s opening HR Geiger pod people scene doesn’t look too good. Similarly, Whedon established Xavier enslaved sentient Shiar technology as the danger room. Krakoa’s starting to sound like another example of him co-opting things for his vision.

I mean is there anything that Xavier has done that IS admirable/good?

C’mon Wednesday.
    Plenty. Barring recent retcons to make him look like a unredeeming asshole. Let's not forget that Xavier was meant to be MLK jr for mutants.

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

I think Xavier has done just as many questionable things as any of the other X-men at this point. Other characters who have done worse have more readers who find them redeemable.

but I think he will come out badly as well, and I think he is so much more interesting as a villain or 'the dream' than as a leader. I also think the air around Xavier of the first 2 issues we read is purposefully eerie and ominous. He bad.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Even if Charles comes out worse than God when he trolled Lot because the Devil dared him to, Marvel can just sweep it under the rug like they did with Carol and Tony.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Even if Charles comes out worse than God when he trolled Lot because the Devil dared him to, Marvel can just sweep it under the rug like they did with Carol and Tony.
    Goddamn! LMAO you ain't never gotta come that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Graphicisnovel View Post
    I think Xavier has done just as many questionable things as any of the other X-men at this point. Other characters who have done worse have more readers who find them redeemable.

but I think he will come out badly as well, and I think he is so much more interesting as a villain or 'the dream' than as a leader. I also think the air around Xavier of the first 2 issues we read is purposefully eerie and ominous. He bad.
    What generates distaste for Xavier is hypocrisy. When the mentor acts against everything he teaches, it is normal that it hurts more.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Plenty. Barring recent retcons to make him look like a unredeeming asshole. Let's not forget that Xavier was meant to be MLK jr for mutants.
    Xavier has done a lot of good for the X-men and mutants symply by giving them a home, a mission and training for their powers so they could help their society also before Cassandra Nova exposed him as a mutant he used to have an important place in politics while discussing mutant-human relations. At the same time he can be quite controlling and self righteous.

I like him more when he´s written as a complex character with his good and bad qualities who has done good and bad things, instead of the saintly Xavier or the "manipulative father figure" charles of Deadly Genesis. Maybe now that all the X-men are grow up and Xavier has been away for a while they can develop a more equal relationship to give space to a more complex Xavier who is an ideological leader of the team instead of their father figure.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 08-05-2019 at 11:49 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Agreed on the dream and retcons. His character’s abuses just seem to compound.

Trying to kill his sister in the womb.
    Operating from the position that mutants should control/hide their gifts and learn to integrate as society’s subservient gifted children to ensure the status quo is maintained.
    Taking in students then pretending to be dead.
    Militarizing said students.
    Creeping on Jean then inhibiting her for her own good.
    Neglecting his own kid, David.
    Basically stalking the Summers clan then mindwiping Cyclops and Havok’s brother Vulcan out of existence.
    Starting the New Mutants after believing the X-men were killed in space.
    Leaving the New Mutants with Magneto while he recovered in space.
    Enslaving Danger Room.
    Exploiting Krakoa.

And lest we forget, incorporating what is clearly a for-profit Tech venture as 501(c)(3)

Clearly he’s human. But his “by any means” actions sound more like Malcom X.
    Last edited by HomoSuperior; 08-05-2019 at 12:08 PM.

Goddamn! LMAO you ain't never gotta come that hard.
    Loved it. The X-men just need to work and suffer harder. Otherwise they aren’t good people.
    That was some Old Testament shade right there.

Attachment 85484
    Last edited by HomoSuperior; 08-05-2019 at 11:52 AM.

BANNED

The real plot twist will be finding out Krakoa is in cahoots with X and there's no mind control going on.

I mean, we JUST had an AU with a mutant Utopia that turned out to involve mind control and dystopian BS. And yes, while Hickman is leagues ahead of Thompson and Nadler, I don't think we'd have a repeat of themes in such a short time. More than likely, X is being honest with the X-Men and they're on board because Krakoa is a cool idea.

Lmao at lost decade.
    Pretty damn much.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    The real plot twist will be finding out Krakoa is in cahoots with X and there's no mind control going on.

I mean, we JUST had an AU with a mutant Utopia that turned out to involve mind control and dystopian BS. And yes, while Hickman is leagues ahead of Thompson and Nadler, I don't think we'd have a repeat of themes in such a short time. More than likely, X is being honest with the X-Men and they're on board because Krakoa is a cool idea.
    Boom.

I mean the dawn of x books confirm this, Krakoa is here to stay and X is here to stay with that big globe on his head.

Lowkey hoping Rasputin stays too.