Page 207 of 434 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217257307 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 6499

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    The real plot twist will be finding out Krakoa is in cahoots with X and there's no mind control going on.

I mean, we JUST had an AU with a mutant Utopia that turned out to involve mind control and dystopian BS. And yes, while Hickman is leagues ahead of Thompson and Nadler, I don't think we'd have a repeat of themes in such a short time. More than likely, X is being honest with the X-Men and they're on board because Krakoa is a cool idea.
    I hope this. The “pod people”, “Sinister controlling everyone”, “Krakoa feeding on X-Men” theories are tiring me out. I’d prefer if there was some kind of twist that didn’t take away from the X-Men finally being over humanity’s ****. You could even tie their new attitudes to Age of X-Man if you wanted.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    Agreed on the dream and retcons. His character’s abuses just seem to compound.

Trying to kill his sister in the womb.
    Taking in students then pretending to be dead.
    Creeping on Jean then inhibiting her for her own good.
    Neglecting his own kid, David.
    Basically stalking the Summers clan then mindwiping Cyclops and Havok’s brother Vulcan out of existence.
    Starting the New Mutants after believing the X-men were killed in space.
    Leaving the New Mutants with Magneto while he recovered in space.
    Enslaving Danger Room.
    Exploiting Krakoa.

Clearly he’s human. But his “by any means” actions sound more like Malcom X.
    Also, according to Fantomex on the Astral Plane talking to Betsy, Xavier possibly/probably psychically compelled him to sacrifice his physical form to be reshaped into Xavier's. He wasn't upset about it, because he had immense guilt for his entire life of thievery, murder and various shenanigans, and figured Xavier would do more important, good things, but when Betsy floated that it wasn't really his own idea, he wasn't really sure that it was.

EAmz--lUEAAJRle.jpg

Add maybe forcing Fantomex to give up his body to Xavier's list of messed up goings on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I hope this. The “pod people”, “Sinister controlling everyone”, “Krakoa feeding on X-Men” theories are tiring me out. I’d prefer if there was some kind of twist that didn’t take away from the X-Men finally being over humanity’s ****. You could even tie their new attitudes to Age of X-Man if you wanted.
    I agree completely. It would be tired, and wouldn't really change anything. And I've mentioned before, if the twist is that these aren't the real X-Men, are people suggesting it won't be revealed during HoX and PoX? Because Krakoa/these costumes aren't going away after the mini series end, and the only feasible options I can see, if the plant-dupe/pod people replacement theory was taken to its logical conclusion, is that either we don't learn the truth, we do learn the truth and then follow the adventures of plant-pod-X-Men, or the real X-Men come back, and then keep using Krakoa, and start dressing like their replacements?

Literally none of those makes any sense. I think readers just really want to figure out the twist, so we're jumping at anything and everything. Pod-people and "it's not really Xavier," would make what is supposed to be a world changing shakeup just a retread of a misdirect we've seen before. Seems highly unlikely to me.
    Last edited by ISnowNothin; 08-05-2019 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    Agreed on the dream and retcons. His character’s abuses just seem to compound.

Trying to kill his sister in the womb.
    Operating from the position that mutants should control/hide their gifts and learn to integrate as society’s subservient gifted children to ensure the status quo is maintained.
    Taking in students then pretending to be dead.
    Militarizing said students.
    Creeping on Jean then inhibiting her for her own good.
    Neglecting his own kid, David.
    Basically stalking the Summers clan then mindwiping Cyclops and Havok’s brother Vulcan out of existence.
    Starting the New Mutants after believing the X-men were killed in space.
    Leaving the New Mutants with Magneto while he recovered in space.
    Enslaving Danger Room.
    Exploiting Krakoa.

Clearly he’s human. But his “by any means” actions sound more like Malcom X.
    I get all of that except Krakoa. How is that a bad thing?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The World 0.5 View Post
    Have to say, this made me reread, Deadly Genesis and Days of Future Present.
    Days of Future Present is such a beautiful story.

Trying to kill Cassandra Nova in the womb is definitely not a bad thing. How many superheroes can say they tagged their first super villain before they were born?

Oh, and I wouldn’t say the New Mutants/Magneto situation was a negative either.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Plenty. Barring recent retcons to make him look like a unredeeming *******. Let's not forget that Xavier was meant to be MLK jr for mutants.
    This is what bothers me about Xavier recent years, is true that from the 60s to 90s he was never a saint/Mother Teresa figure, but at the very least, he was someone that you could support and find likable in spite of his flaws. After the last eighteen years though, i had to wonder why the X-Men put up with his ****, or call themselves X-Men (beyond the branding of course).
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I get all of that except Krakoa. How is that a bad thing?
    If Krakoa is sentient, being exploited, and not aware / consenting that’s... troubling.
    The first tip is in the infographic page. No Place is a tumor on Krakoa that Krakoa is unaware of.
    Tumors are signs of systemic cancerous mutation that doesn’t end well for the host (Krakoa).
    Are the X-pod people cancerous cells?
    Last edited by HomoSuperior; 08-05-2019 at 12:53 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Gabrielle Haller never told Xavier he had a son...Not until David's powers manifested and were out of control and she needed his help.

Cyke is awesome! Despair! The Jeeper 2.0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Boom.

I mean the dawn of x books confirm this, Krakoa is here to stay and X is here to stay with that big globe on his head.

Lowkey hoping Rasputin stays too.
    Is he? Xavier hasnt been shown in any promo or story art after House of X and by the solicits, def looks like Scott is back in charge.

And yep, 2012 -2019 was def a lost decade for the X-Men. Horrible stories and treated like second class citizens.
    "Listen to me...you can't kill an idea. It always comes back. Resurrected. Or reborn...into a different form." - Cyclops, Secret Wars

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Trying to kill Cassandra Nova in the womb is definitely not a bad thing. How many superheroes can say they tagged their first super villain before they were born?
    Hah! Indeed. That scene with the umbilical cord tho!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

To be fair for the "leaving the X-Teams with Magneto", Charles thought he was dying and asked Erik to take over but Lilandra was like "nah, my man ain't dying today" and took him to the Empire.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    To be fair for the "leaving the X-Teams with Magneto", Charles thought he was dying and asked Erik to take over but Lilandra was like "nah, my man ain't dying today" and took him to the Empire.
    #relationshipgoals

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Gabrielle Haller never told Xavier he had a son...Not until David's powers manifested and were out of control and she needed his help.
    If Xavier hadnt taken sexual advantage of her when she was his patient, this wouldnt have even been an issue

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Jeeper 2.0 View Post
    Is he? Xavier hasnt been shown in any promo or story art after House of X and by the solicits, def looks like Scott is back in charge.

And yep, 2012 -2019 was def a lost decade for the X-Men. Horrible stories and treated like second class citizens.
    Xavier is one of the 76 rotating cast members on the slide for the X-Men title's roster at the San Diego Comic-Con panel. Could be a misdirect, but I don't think he's going away, and Krakoa is all over the solicits and preview art, and confirmed as still being around when the new series launch.
    Last edited by ISnowNothin; 08-05-2019 at 01:03 PM.