Page 21 of 434 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Absolutely nothing.
    Not really...it was just the usual thread derailment for absolutely no apparent reason.
    There's a reason,but I think I'm better off not saying.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    There's a reason,but I think I'm better off not saying.
    It starts with one thing & snowballs. People worrying about Hickman was called out, then someone responded that it's more worrying that Jean's thighs showing was a big deal, and other posters agreed & went into how women showing their body is taboo. And so the topic came.

Usually that's the way it goes. All it takes is one thing, and it can spawn a lengthy or heated debate. Plus we probably talked about everything there is to on the covers we've gotten, and it's mainly a waiting game until we get even more juicy stuff.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    So I would love for a better costume to catch on with less cleavage.
    Most people are probably the opposite

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    It is hard criticize Hickman that hard on diversity one of the last thing he did was Avengers and it had Nightmask, Captain Universe, Sunspot, Manifold, Shang Chi, Falcon,etc It is not amazing when you break down ratio and stuff. But his willingness to use new characters and many of those being minorities characters is at least a good sign of him just not rehashing the past and his ability to juggle a huge roster of characters is another good thing. X-men is a far more diverse franchise than Avengers I am expecting better results X-men.
    This is exactly why I wanted him on the X-Men, that and the charts of course

Spectacular Member Doctor_Foxey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Xavier's master plan is a mutant D&D podcast.
    Like plumbing the Death Star lol.
    check out my art if you are interested

https://doctor-rainbowfoxey.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    This is exactly why I wanted him on the X-Men, that and the charts of course
    Well two of his favs. are younger MoC. So hopefully they'll be used somewhere in his books. I am hoping. Chances are, after his two intro minis, he'll get a team-book.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    It is hard criticize Hickman that hard on diversity one of the last thing he did was Avengers and it had Nightmask, Captain Universe, Sunspot, Manifold, Shang Chi, Falcon,etc It is not amazing when you break down ratio and stuff. But his willingness to use new characters and many of those being minorities characters is at least a good sign of him just not rehashing the past and his ability to juggle a huge roster of characters is another good thing. X-men is a far more diverse franchise than Avengers I am expecting better results X-men.
    Based off of the covers and the promo art, it's safe to say there will be a few new characters in use.
    I'm more excited about him not rehashing the past...or, at the very least...taking past elements (like MG-Jean) and doing something completely different with them.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Daedra just said that fictional women should be allowed to dress skimpily because real life women do it.

Well in reality, when women risk their lives in a dangerous line of work they wear practical and functional outfits

You can't have it both ways. Either you want realism or you accept that these pin up costumes with cleavage down to their navels are male-oriented fantasy fodder, and not due to a woman's right to choose how to express herself
    Ok yeah but with a character like Monet, i honestly don't feel like she looks at heroics as a dangerous line of work. It's just a thing people with her lineage of power sets are doing and a further example is her representation of wearing basically track gear as a costume. Heroics is exercise to her at best and that's based on fairly estimable understanding of the characters superiority complex.

Honestly X women/Mutant culture SHOULD be daring an societally unacceptable and bold and a big fuck off in irreverent ways when possible. All mutant fashion is and deserves to be! and when you have people who so expressly (if they're a mutant that gives a damn about what they represent) wear their personality as a key no of uniform, it fits to suit that M, who is like The Princess of the mutants, she should be out here in cutting edge Silvestri era couture, shredding it up and replacing it because that's how you drop money when you're out heroing like Monet!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Female characters can wear more revealing outfits and costumes if

A. It suits their personality

If criteria A is met, then there is further reason for them to dress less conservatively if

B. It provides visual diversity between them and the other women they interact with. Visual diversity is key and any uniformity must be intentional and well thought out.

Then to be effective, it has to most importantly be

C. A simple, yet interesting design. Clean and uncomplicated, but recognizable and striking.

Does Jean meet A? I wouldn't say so, but the Marvel Girl costume isn't skimpy, and is one she designed herself (and has shown sentimental attachment to in Dark Phoenix). So she passes A. She also passes B, because she stands out from the characters with good designs, though I'll hesitate to say Maker X is that good. She passes B because she fails C because that costume just sucks lol.

As for Monet, whether her costumes are revealing her not, they typically fail C regardless. Someone needs to do more with the lines on her bodysuit than just "ehhh, throw some lines"

Sorry, but there's no "rule" for super-hero outfits beyond what the creative team wants and what the fans like (measured in $$$). That's it.

So:

Female characters can wear more revealing outfits and costumes if

A. The creative team wants to draw her in such outfits and costumes; and

B. Fans like it and keep buying the book.

And yeah, the old-school Marvel Girl costume rules.

When can male characters wear revealing outfits?

What's the criteria for giving Cyclops a c*ck window?

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post

The only male mutant who should have that is Namor.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Cosmic Boy did it best:

C63B827F-B622-4728-9C26-95DED091947F.jpg

Time to revive Alex's Goblin Prince outfit from Inferno?

maybe something revealing his butt. Time to express his sexuality

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Did y'all really dig up the grave for the costume thing?

Namor, Hercules, Hawkeye.

Pretty sure Herc was free-balling.
    "Cable was right!"