Page 217 of 434 FirstFirst ... 117167207213214215216217218219220221227267317 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,255 of 6499
    BANNED

Is this a flashback? That looks like OG Freedom Force. This can't be Muir Isle in 2000 when Mystique blew the place and fatally wounded Moira, because Irene was dead then.

Quote Originally Posted by Graphicisnovel View Post
    Comic books are really expensive dude and I feel like they have been getting away with less and less story in them...It's hard for people to buy everything, especially "going in blind". I look for stuff I know is 100% worth it. X-men has not been in that list for years. It does seem a lot of fans don't buy....I try to support my local comic shop whenever I can. I also make full use of my public library.
    Yep. Over the next couple months, this title alone will set you back about $60 for the combined series. After a lost decade of fans shoveling cash down a hole hoping things might get better, some previews would be nice to earn back some trust. I hope these teams stay on schedule, keep the quality up, and stick the landing. I know people love Morrison’s run but I can’t forget the rotation of art was miserable. I learned to enjoy Quitely but then we got Kordey which was... wow.

My earlier point:

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    This - some of us are old enough to remember when you had to purchase media in good faith before learning it was a dog. Buy a comic after a title has history of sucking... only to learn the story is lazy. Buy a whole CD just for one song. The list goes on, and let’s be honest these issues are being sold at a certain price point.
    Last edited by HomoSuperior; 08-06-2019 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    scans from Twitter from a Pull List video from House of X #2 from Pepe Larraz from

Larraz and Gracia are killing it on art. Looking forward to giving this a good read through tomorrow.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Is this a flashback? That looks like OG Freedom Force. This can't be Muir Isle in 2000 when Mystique blew the place and fatally wounded Moira, because Irene was dead then.
    a lot of us in the thread know what's going on in that panel, unless you genuinely want to be spoiled I'd just wait on asking questions like that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    a lot of us in the thread know what's going on in that panel, unless you genuinely want to be spoiled I'd just wait on asking questions like that.
    Or yall can wait until tomorrow to spoil people.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Armageddon View Post
    Agreed. The issue literally comes out in less than 12 hours ya'll lets be respectful.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Agreed. The issue literally comes out in less than 12 hours ya'll lets be respectful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Armageddon View Post
    This was my first coming in the thread since yesterday, so relax I'm not spoiling anyone. I'm just saying people have read spoilers in the thread and they may directly respond, so you have to be careful asking things like that in thread right now.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    That’s not OG Freedom Force unless it includes:
    • Spiral
    • Secret Wars SpiderWoman (meh)
    • Blob
    • Crimson Commando (bleh)
    • Stonewall (bleh)
    • Super Sabre (bleh)

Otherwise, it’s Brotherhood of Evil Mutants 2.0. That reminds me — did they ever explain as canon why/when Magneto handed over the Brotherhood to Mystique?

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Summaries and other people's reviews won't give you the actual storytelling though. And the way the story is told is the most important thing. "Every X-Men story is the same" but some people have told it better than others.
    Yeah, I get the desire for bullet points, but it very much takes away from the craft and experience to rely on spoiler summaries.

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Summaries and other people's reviews won't give you the actual storytelling though. And the way the story is told is the most important thing. "Every X-Men story is the same" but some people have told it better than others.
    It's true that the journey matters, and knowing the roadmap isn't the same as knowing what it's like to make that journey. But if you're looking for a roadmap to the ocean, and it's taking you inland into the mountains instead, then it doesn't really matter what you see along the path. You're still not going where you wanted to go.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    At this point, they should probably just say that mutants generally have a longer natural lifespan than humans. It would resolve a lot of issues with certain characters tied to specific times.

Although I have a feeling that will somehow get addressed in Hickman’s story. We’ll see.
    I think that would be excusing lazy writing and encouraging the semi awful sliding timescale. Continuity is a gift and curse at times, The X-men(Marvel) would be a 1,000 times better if it got a real reboot and was allowed to clean up and consolidate good ideas concepts but then you couldn't pretend that universe has always been ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I think that would be excusing lazy writing and encouraging the semi awful sliding timescale. Continuity is a gift and curse at times, The X-men(Marvel) would be a 1,000 times better if it got a real reboot and was allowed to clean up and consolidate good ideas concepts but then you couldn't pretend that universe has always been ongoing.
    I don't think continuity reboots ever really work.

Look at DC, every attempt at a reboot gets mostly reversed after a few years. The Batman comics continuity drags down the other comics because they only make minor changes to Bat continuity and that impacts all the other comics in the rebooted line. Eventually it's like a house of cards and the DC reboot starts to fall apart.

I think what they are doing with HoX/PoX is a decent attempt and changing current status without erasing existing continuity. It kind of resets the line because it's a new untried status quo from before. Sure Utopia was an attempt at a mutant nation, but that was also an attempt where the number of mutants was less than 198. Now we have Krakoa, which is is sort of similar to Genosha, but it's different because the core X-Men and all other teams are part of the Krakoan government instead of just having a dictatorship ran by Magneto. Admittedly there is something "sinister" happening in the series in relation to X and to Mr Sinister, but I feel like it's going to end with the mutants still using Krakoa for a home and extending their influence to the Moon and Mars as well as space.

This will be a whole new status quo and I like it. I think it would be fun if sometime over the next few years the X-Men become the most loved super hero team on Earth, or at least to the majority mutant population.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Hickman is totally reading these threads.

ALL YA'LL: coppin' spoilers for some reason i think

ME, AND MY FELLOW FERAL HOGS:

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate