Page 218 of 434 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220221222228268318 ... LastLast
Results 3,256 to 3,270 of 6499

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Hickman is totally reading these threads.
    https://twitter.com/jhickman/status/...218638849?s=21

Hickman saw our frothing and convulsing and raised us a “yo these books are pretty good”

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

Hickman saw our frothing and convulsing and raised us a “yo these books are pretty good”
    I really hope it's the case, so he can see how people are happy with what he's doing.

Like honestly, it has been a long time since I have seen people here as excited and happy for X-comics like we're now with HoX and PoX.

I can only hope the upcoming team books are just as good.

The X-Men and fans deserve it!
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I don't think continuity reboots ever really work.

Look at DC, every attempt at a reboot gets mostly reversed after a few years. The Batman comics continuity drags down the other comics because they only make minor changes to Bat continuity and that impacts all the other comics in the rebooted line. Eventually it's like a house of cards and the DC reboot starts to fall apart.

I think what they are doing with HoX/PoX is a decent attempt and changing current status without erasing existing continuity. It kind of resets the line because it's a new untried status quo from before. Sure Utopia was an attempt at a mutant nation, but that was also an attempt where the number of mutants was less than 198. Now we have Krakoa, which is is sort of similar to Genosha, but it's different because the core X-Men and all other teams are part of the Krakoan government instead of just having a dictatorship ran by Magneto. Admittedly there is something "sinister" happening in the series in relation to X and to Mr Sinister, but I feel like it's going to end with the mutants still using Krakoa for a home and extending their influence to the Moon and Mars as well as space.

This will be a whole new status quo and I like it. I think it would be fun if sometime over the next few years the X-Men become the most loved super hero team on Earth, or at least to the majority mutant population.
    DC reboot was half way reboot and built to fail, It is hard to go hey look this example of something you shouldn't do when they built in the keys to failure. Marvel is an old historic house you can't destroy and rebuild over, They are clearly things you want to keep and just patching will lead to place breaking apart at some point. So you do really need to a full renovation of the house with understanding you are keep the good elements but fixing and updating the bad elements. The point was Marvel is soft reboot all the time and all that is fix a mess but creating a mess, a "full renovation" would allow X-men to fix Magneto, Fix Psylocke leaving her in tact,Kick out bad stories like the Draco or Bishop murdering billions,etc. Just fix everything one time in the house instead of patching here and there,DC couldn't decide if they wanted a all new house or renovate the old house. If you understand your end goal then "reboot" is fine and a good reboot you really can't tell if things have changed. We know this works because all of us watch comic book movies and every comic book movie/tv show is basically a rebooted universe. Most fans will actually accept a reboot if you keep the spirit of the original intact.

But back on more strictly on topic. If you are not going to reboot, What Hickman is doing is the next best thing. He is using continuity and tweaking it,He is changing stuff but use lore do so fans have to accept it. It is pretty amazing tightrope to walk he is doing. I guess if every writer could do what Hickman is doing you wouldn't need reboot.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 08-06-2019 at 10:06 PM.

https://twitter.com/LordRetail/statu...62972426985472

"House of X #2 is maybe the craziest thing I have ever read in a mainstream super hero comic book. I go way back with X-men & I am astonished. READ IT FOR YOURSELF. Not one of many distillations that will abound starting tomorrow. This makes me want to re-read a LOT of old comics."

me going in raw and unspoiled no protection

hickman with HOX #2 battling cates with absolute carnage for most significant release of the week

Last edited by Snoop Dogg; 08-06-2019 at 10:09 PM.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

https://twitter.com/LordRetail/statu...69608096931840

"Lastly, House of X #2 is something you have to experience & sort out for yourself. Individually. It will mean different things. Which is why I say reading articles about what that particular writer interprets before reading the issue yourself is a disservice to the content & you."
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Dancing in the Shadows Indigo_Lady's Avatar

Sounds pretty egotistical to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo_Lady View Post
    Hickman is egotistical but he backs it up

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo_Lady View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Hickman is egotistical but he backs it up
    With more egotism!
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

scans from Twitter from a Pull List video from House of X #2 from Pepe Larraz from

Larraz and Gracia are perfect art team.

Just read the issue and it's soooo good! Moira!

Just read HoX issue 2. It is real good book continuing the streak of books for that I have gone back to read a second and third time whether to grasp something better or look at small details. This issue should be a MCU movie about Moria that is how good I think it is there is a good sci fi movie pitch in it.

spoilers:
    I can finally explain when someone mention hey this was a spoiler when person before had mention the scifi title Edge of tomorrow. I don't think was enough not everyone remember it or saw it. It just lets you know the raw pitch ,The concept in Hox is bigger and the who and how is what makes it not really the concept not the living and dying but If they called the movie by its other name Live,Die, Repeat that would have been a bigger deal. It is "spoiler" but if someone said in advance this Moria version of edge of tomorrow. It is not like experience going into reading would be ruined. It is like saying a movie/tv show is like groundhog day is knowing the type of story a spoiler? But to each their own I guess

Last thing The story has holes of you look in to it too closely
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 08-06-2019 at 11:55 PM.

Read HOX#2 over like 3 times so far.

Wow Hickman's Destiny is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I think that would be excusing lazy writing and encouraging the semi awful sliding timescale. Continuity is a gift and curse at times, The X-men(Marvel) would be a 1,000 times better if it got a real reboot and was allowed to clean up and consolidate good ideas concepts but then you couldn't pretend that universe has always been ongoing.
    Well, I think it solves the sliding timescale....for mutants at least. Magneto was in a concentration camp prior to the end of WWII. He should be in his late 70s at least. Saying he has a longer lifespan solves that problem and doesn’t require stuff like oh I don’t know let’s say he gets turned into a baby for a while and then restored to adulthood, but not quite as old.

It’d solve any similar problems for other mutant characters tied to some kind of real world event that puts a specific age bracket to them.

I prefer the picking and choosing of continuity rather than an actual reboot, to be honest. I don’t need the entire 60 years of Marvel continuity to be accounted for in every story, nor do I want origin stories sold to me again with slight tweaks. I feel like that’s a good example of lazy writing.

spoilers:
    wow. Moira X. I can see why things still went the way they did in Moira's tenth life (out of 11 if she gets it right this time) because like Moira explains, just the tiniest change causes rippling effects and only the fourth life was anything remotely close to the continuity that we're in now.

Also, Moira and Apocalypse making out makes sense now
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Read HOX#2 over like 3 times so far.

Wow Hickman's Destiny is amazing.
    Destiny might be the best part of the issue