Page 242 of 434 FirstFirst ... 142192232238239240241242243244245246252292342 ... LastLast
Results 3,616 to 3,630 of 6499
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Nah, their chances of coming back are at their best. Hickman seems forward thinking, and Marvel is coming around to pushing minorities thanks to the success of Black Panther and Captain Marvel.

Also, isn't Synch GEN X? Hickman seems to love GEN X no? Mondo got brought back and is being pushed alongside Chamber, Husk, Monet and Jubilee.
    Yeah, Synch was Monet's first love in GenX and the best one. I hated all of her pairings in X-Factor. Liked her x Creed, but only with Bunn, Duggan, or Brisson writing the latter. Otherwise, eck. So good that died.

Maybe Synch could come back. But I am doubting it right now. JDW did say when Hickman was pitching ideas, he didn't think they'd work and his first reaction was "we can't do that." So maybe it will be a bit more progressive. lol

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Yeah, Synch was Monet's first love in GenX and the best one. I hated all of her pairings in X-Factor. Liked her x Creed, but only with Bunn, Duggan, or Brisson writing the latter. Otherwise, eck. So good that died.

Maybe Synch could come back. But I am doubting it right now. JDW did say when Hickman was pitching ideas, he didn't think they'd work and his first reaction was "we can't do that." So maybe it will be a bit more progressive. lol
    Ahh I didn't even know they were a couple once! I thought you just liked them. Get X unfortunately was the X title I liked the least. Only really a fan of Emma, Jubilee and Monet.

I liked Monet and Sabretooth under Bunn, but only as a forbidden romance and not long term. Prefer Sabrebooth as a villain.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Ahh I didn't even know they were a couple once! I thought you just liked them. Get X unfortunately was the X title I liked the least. Only really a fan of Emma, Jubilee and Monet.
    Yeah. So far, Synch is Monet's only (confirmed) actual relationship.

I liked Monet and Sabretooth under Bunn, but only as a forbidden romance and not long term. Prefer Sabrebooth as a villain
    I could see it as a hard love for all the same reasons Buffy x Angel were. BUT Bunn's run was axed, so wasn't meant to be. And given how Creed's been written ever since, i'm over it.

But Synch was a great character in general. So it'd be nice to see him developed more. He was gone WAY too soon. He has potential to be one of the more powerful mutants.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-15-2019 at 07:03 PM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I thought you guys were tripping but Moira's 6th life is really missing from HoX #2.

Also, I feel that either in that issue with the Moira x Apocalypse cover or before that, we'll find out that Moira shared the timeline info with Apocalypse (probably before The Twelve or before the Blood of Apocalypse) and she's the one he's keeping in the sarcophagus.
    Yup, i feel Moira x Apocalypse will play a bigger role. I still don't trust Moira, she may have good intentions but the endgame and methods could be very controversial.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I don’t want to add to the embarrassment but Nimrod was created during the Claremont / Romita Jr. run. Although that story was probably not considered ‘classic’ it was still part of a classic run. You may remember him as a weird robot obsessed with mutants. Around the time Forge and Storm first started smouldering at each other and Dire Wraiths were everywhere.
    From Claremont's run, I've only read Dark Phoenix and DOFP, but it's a run that I've always been meaning to read.

Mark waid gave us the girl on girl action

BANNED

Any time an X-Woman ends up fucking Sabretooth it is a nadir for the character, AFAIC. Betsy, Monet, you name it. It's always humiliating no matter which iteration of Sabretooth it is. To say nothing of Betsy's long history with 616 Creed which should've made that impossible, the Monet storyline with her addiction or whatever sounds bizarre and degrading.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post

Mark waid gave us the girl on girl action
    Ok this is cute as hell. I'm so used to Mystique being a psychopath I didn't know she had these moments of tenderness.

WAIT IRENE ADLER!!!???

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    For those who say that Hickman's X-Men is lacking social commentary, I would humbly and respectfully disagree. If anything, it's very clear that with both House of X and Powers of X, he's exploring the topic of assimilation, which is what the X-Men have always been about. However, like Grant Morrison's New X-Men (of which Hickman is clearly a fan of), it's moved passed the traditional "Xavier's dream of peaceful co-existence between humans and mutants." It's even moved passed Magneto's desire to rule the world with mutants as humanity's rulers. That's because, like New X-Men, since mutants are the next stage in human evolution, they're going to become the dominant species on the planet anyway.

Instead, Hickman is exploring different kinds of assimilation. Not just racial and cultural assimilation, but ideological assimilation. After four issues, we have:

*Professor X and The X-Men working alongside with Magneto and the Brotherhood for a common cause.
    *Professor X wearing Cerebro 24/7, essentially becoming one with his own creation.
    *The mutants offering to work with humans in the distribution of their miracle drugs.
    *Mutants living together on the sentient island of Krakoa, using organic based technology.
    *Former agents of SHIELD, Hydra, AIM, etc. joining forces to create a new breed of Sentinels and cyborgs.
    *Cypher, who previously merged with Warlock, potentially merging with Krakoa.
    *Moira taking what she learned from her previous lives in an effort to create an amalgamation of them all in her tenth.
    *A future depicting a Human-Machine alliance and a far future suggesting a possible Mutant-Machine alliance.
    *Genetically engineered mutants who are, in fact, a combination of several different mutants.
    *Cyclops adopting an ideology that's essentially a synthesis of Xavier's and Magneto's.
    *The return of the Phalanx, which are all about assimilation at the cost of individuality.
    *The very fact that House of X and Powers of X are described as "two series that are one."

Basically, Hickman isn't just exploring the X-Men as an assimilation metaphor. He's exploring what assimilation actually means.
    Yes, Hickman explored different assimilations except he replaced the X-men traditional RACIAL issue by hardcore sci-fi concepts of assimilation(machines-alien) which it's not the core of the X-men's stories because assimilation is NOT what X-men are talking about! I read Morrison too and he moved forward their ideology that's true because it can't be the same repetition of the same concept again and again because the world has changed. If we make a parallel with the real world they should be in the "integration phase" which is the true assimilation in the society. Instead of that he(Hicky) regressed them in an hardcore isolationism ideology! ALL WHAT THEY HAVE DONE SO FAR ARE IRRELEVANT!!! In fact, Hickman didn't respect all the characters' development and mutants stories. The retcon of Moira didn't make sense. Prof X and Magneto are aware of the future and they acted like idiots all along??? In this own thread, people talk and re-talk about the decision X or Mags had made during their stories and the only that comes to your mind is IT'S ILLOGICAL! Hickman had just created the BIGGEST MESS EVER FOR THE FRANCHISE! Everyone here are BLIND by the arts and/or by the fact their favorite heroes will show in the event or after!
    1)It's not like the FIRST TIME X and Mags work together as I know!
    2)Merging with Cerebro seems very suspicious and anyone suspect he controls the mutants! So, it's not a good point.
    3)It's not the 1st time they work with humans since the beginning it's the case! This offering seems suspicious too.
    4)Living on Krakoa a good thing? Seriously? The same island who tried to kill them and wanted to use them as food!
    5)The more WTF alliance for me: all the good & bad organization together VS the mutants? All these people can't bear each other and they live a bromance now.
    6)Cypher love merging with creepies if you want my opinion!
    7)This is a possibility.
    8)This future sucks for everyone(human-mutants-aliens and I don't know why he need to incorporate machines in this). We saw further futures than this one and it's not so lifeless.
    9)Amalgation characters are the laziest thing to do! They have no real development and personality so far!
    10)Cyclops with his own vision is the BEST Cyclops so far! People love him like that for so long, so no SUBDOG Cyclops for me, thanks!
    11)I HATE PHALANX! This is one of the WORST creation of the 90's! NO NO NO AND NO!!!
    12)HoX doesn't need PoX to be understood! In fact reading PoX is USELESS! Many readers, here, want to zap PoX and focus on HoX instead of the combo. So, I'm not the only one who find it a waste of time & money! Only the issues of revelation are really relevant(the red ones).

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I thought you guys were tripping but Moira's 6th life is really missing from HoX #2.

Also, I feel that either in that issue with the Moira x Apocalypse cover or before that, we'll find out that Moira shared the timeline info with Apocalypse (probably before The Twelve or before the Blood of Apocalypse) and she's the one he's keeping in the sarcophagus.
    I still suspect 6 either ties in Sinister in an interesting way that will change the way we see him, or it will possibly add to what we know about Moira’s powers, and give us more context as to why she is going all out now.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Ok this is cute as hell. I'm so used to Mystique being a psychopath I didn't know she had these moments of tenderness.

WAIT IRENE ADLER!!!???
    Yes it’s fun isn’t it. It’s the Easter egg that keeps being discovered over and over by new readers and old readers alike.

Also this is interesting. I am now starting to wonder if Destiny is coming back in this run.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 08-16-2019 at 03:12 AM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I doubt she will. Marvel doesn't like stable couples, so anyone who was apart of them has someone killed off. Mystique won't get Destiny back, but will instead keep getting thrown to Creed.
    It is perhaps worth remembering just how stable Mystique and Destiny were always shown to be in those early days. They were inevitably shown hanging out together in an apartment, Destiny sitting, Mystique pacing and planning. See for example how they are lounging around chatting to Rogue in Dazzler #22 & #23.

Dazzler.jpg

We even had a domestic scene in Classic X-Men #44 where Destiny and Mystique are happily making food in the kitchen for Rogue.

Classic X-Men.jpg

It was scenes like this that allowed people to project the idea that they were a happy, stable family, even if they were also plotting evil.

Maybe it is time to put this family back together?

P.S. Can someone remind me which comic that nostalgic dance scene was in? I can barely remember the context, just that hint of a long and deep relationship.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 08-16-2019 at 03:48 AM.

If the REAL X-Men aren't being held by Krakoa then I'm thinking all of this story is merely Moria's PREVIOUS lifetime, a lesson learned kind of thing. Everything will fall apart, lives will be lost, horrible revelations, then it ends with her being born into the 616 and deciding to do things differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    I have two critical thinkings. One in that HoX is great, and the other is that PoX is great.
    I came here to say this and only this

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Oh I'm guessing that one user didn't know Destiny's civilian name is the same is that Sherlock Holmes character.
    "Cable was right!"