Page 261 of 434 FirstFirst ... 161211251257258259260261262263264265271311361 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,915 of 6499
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    You have to sympathise with the retailers here. If any of them ordered high for Age of X-Man they would probably still have them.

To order appropriately for the eventual demand they would have had to gamble on Hickman hitting high numbers for a number of books before seeing the content. We haven’t seen this much interest in any X-Men books for a very long time.
    Oh, I'm not blaming them. The last three times the X-books relaunched, they flopped and Hickman's Avengers never really was a sales blockbuster.

After the flop of Age of X-man and disassembled, I don't blame retailers. Both relaunches took advantage of them to make money of terrible books.
    Last edited by fsger; 08-21-2019 at 04:55 PM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Yeah, Age of X-man and Disassembled look even worse in hindsight due to the fact that made retailers wary of betting on Marvel. Really should just have continued the line for six months.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Yeah, Age of X-man and Disassembled look even worse in hindsight due to the fact that made retailers wary of betting on Marvel. Really should just have continued the line for six months.
    They weren't betting on X-men since the end of Bendis run

I have a pull list and still missed House of X #2 when it came out. My theory is that my store sold it to someone else since I didn't pick it up right away. Today I finally got it and I got POX #3 but my comic store had a sign saying that there was a shortage for POX 3. I know at one time my comic store had trouble selling X-Men books, and one of the workers tried to talk my brother out of buying X-Men and Marvel books (but we had a feeling he was a comicsgater and had a grudge). It is nice seeing House of X and Powers of X do well but yeah stores aren't ordering what they should I guess out of fear they won't sell? I'm not 100% on the process. I know at times Marvel was sending more than what was ordered and there were always a lot of Marvel and X-Men books on the shelves in many stores I visited (and though anecdotal a lot of folks on twitter have historically described similar experiences).

I know at my store I don't think there was much interest for Age of X-man.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I think the problem was adding the "Age of ...." title, the first thing some people thought it was that it was a copy of age of apocalypse which it was not.

Mighty Member

Also, not that it really means much, but on Comixology pull list, HOX/POX is the most "added" comic since it started coming out. Has even beat Batman each week by a margin. For the last few relaunches, XMEN hasn't even come close to those Batman numbers now its whooping them. If this momentum can be kept once HOX/POX ends, the XMEN truly have returned.

But yeah, we can't blame anyone for under-ordering, the AofX numbers more than prove that.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    If they ordered high on Age of X-man they are really bad on reatail
    The point is, with weekly releases, they have to guess. They don’t have the luxury of reading an issue before they go big on #3. Age of X-Man was actually OK it just wasn’t the type of story that could be a big seller, but how would the retailer know? The marketing hype is always identical. ‘This is important’ says Marvel, over and over. ‘You need to make sure you order this’. It becomes noise.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Also, not that it really means much, but on Comixology pull list, HOX/POX is the most "added" comic since it started coming out. Has even beat Batman each week by a margin. For the last few relaunches, XMEN hasn't even come close to those Batman numbers now its whooping them. If this momentum can be kept once HOX/POX ends, the XMEN truly have returned.

But yeah, we can't blame anyone for under-ordering, the AofX numbers more than prove that.
    I hope a whole arc centered around the Summers family doesn't kill the momentum too much.
    I know those Yu covers made me way less excited than I was for the X-men ongoing. At least the other books seem solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I hope a whole arc centered around the Summers family doesn't kill the momentum too much.
    I know those Yu covers made me way less excited than I was for the X-men ongoing. At least the other books seem solid.
    Wolverine, Cyclops, Jean and Cable seem enough to hold a comic.

Cyke is awesome! Despair! The Jeeper 2.0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    There isn't antipathy towards the Summers family among the general comic base.

Hickman's name being attached to it will make sure it is a hot seller. Especially if House of X ends with a satisfying conclusion. Let's not forget that one reason the X-books have lagged over the last few years is because they were lacking Cyclops, Wolverine, and Jean. Now that they are back, there will be some buzz seeing them all in action again as a unit.
    "Listen to me...you can't kill an idea. It always comes back. Resurrected. Or reborn...into a different form." - Cyclops, Secret Wars

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Wolverine, Cyclops, Jean and Cable seem enough to hold a comic.
    Agreed. The first 3 especially are 3 of the most popular characters in the franchise and its been 15 years since we've had a story with them together

Hmm, aren't Rogue and Storm more popular than Jean? She was gone 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    Hmm, aren't Rogue and Storm more popular than Jean? She was gone 15 years.
    3 of the most. I didnt say these were THE 3 most. And Jean is VERY popular despite being gone for so long. Her popularity didnt wane. In fact it grew in that time, especially with the teen coming to present day and introducing her to a set of new fans. Marvel never really let the character go and her presence was felt. They kept her alive in a way that they dont do for many characters who are forgotten in death

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Oh, I'm not blaming them. The last three times the X-books relaunched, they flopped and Hickman's Avengers never really was a sales blockbuster.
    I don't know i would have thought they would have taken into account Disney having the rights back. I am sure retailers have a little more inside info than us so they should have seen MArvel was pushing x-men like they haven't in over a decade. Just the names(money) attached to it says a lot. Just my opinion though.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/