Page 266 of 434 FirstFirst ... 166216256262263264265266267268269270276316366 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 3,990 of 6499
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    I think this feeds into the theory that Wave 1 books are actually Moira's Life 11. New Mutants look younger too, and would help cover why Betsy is Capt Britain.
    Betsy is Captain Britain because Brian passes on the mantle to her in Excalibur 1 (presumably, from prev pages shown).
    It's just those artists' styles...Emma doesn't look as mature/bombshelly as she was in the recently concluded UXM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Yu's work looking rushed. Poor guy.
    Unfortunately that's been his status quo since Phoenix Resurrection. I don't expect him to be on the flagship very long.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Unfortunately that's been his status quo since Phoenix Resurrection. I don't expect him to be on the flagship very long.
    I hope Larraz or Silva takes over after he's gone.
    Does anyone know if they're illustrating anything else after Hox/PoX? Or are they taking a much need break, given the weekly schedule?

BANNED

IIRC Hickman's Avengers rotated artists as well as characters per arc. I assume the same will hold for Yu, as we know the main book is rotating team members.

Yu said he was doing six issues like his Captain America last year, but the arcs will probably be three-parters and one-shots like Avengers.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Yu said he was doing six issues like his Captain America last year, but the arcs will probably be three-parters and one-shots like Avengers.
    As you mentioned three-parters and one-shots...I very recently re-read through my Morrison run and I was happy that nearly all of his arcs were just three issues long. That, to me, is the ideal length for story arcs and over-all pacing...and he wrote and told a lot of story.

Ive mentioned this before but being reborn at least 9 times and living over 500 years, thats plenty of time for Moira to have undergone a secondary mutation such that her powers dont work the same in life 10 as they did before. She might die and instead of resetting in utero, she could reset to some point much later in life, like House of X #1 and she alters things that happen in this event. That would explain why Krakoa is still around in Dawn of X and Xavier presumably is not, at least not at first.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Graphicisnovel View Post
    I can buy Kitty being of those people who is like 5 foot tall and still looks 16 through their 20s.

I think it depends on the artist style too. Besides, I'm more concerned with Moira being supposedly 50 and stuff through HoxPox and literally looking Kitty's age lol
    Moira looking so young in any time period bugs me more. She also had a fairly recognizable bob cut that they just did away with in favor of curls.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Ive mentioned this before but being reborn at least 9 times and living over 500 years, thats plenty of time for Moira to have undergone a secondary mutation such that her powers dont work the same in life 10 as they did before. She might die and instead of resetting in utero, she could reset to some point much later in life, like House of X #1 and she alters things that happen in this event. That would explain why Krakoa is still around in Dawn of X and Xavier presumably is not, at least not at first.
    Or it could be something ‘simple’ like she engineers Xavier’s death and turns him into a martyr while appearing innocent herself.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Astonishing Member

I’m not ‘predicting’ this, but dawn of x could be life 11, and Krakoa still happens in life 11.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    What happened to Rogue LOL After land doing a creeppy rogue, now she is suffering without food and internal organs

Magik by Lafuente is pretty good
    She not actually ‘suffering’, she looks quite cheery. Probably because she’s flirting with Remy and not thinking which super villain absconded with her pancreas. Emma looks quite annoyed with them and wolverines, we’ll, Wolverine is always grumpy...

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    There has been a bunch of talk about the X-Men entering a “whole new world.” Maybe Dawn of X really will be the 11th Life, but I’m just wondering how that will consolidate with the rest of the MU and prior stories.

Maybe they have to abandon earth.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Moira looking so young in any time period bugs me more. She also had a fairly recognizable bob cut that they just did away with in favor of curls.
    Her hair looks pretty much the same to me. But then so does Moira.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Her hair looks pretty much the same to me. But then so does Moira.
    yeah her hair is wavy, not curls. It was straight before but thats such a minor thing as she is recognizable as Moira

BANNED

Yep. I remember a lot of people debating who she was months ago, but I knew it was Moira on sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Yu's work looking rushed. Poor guy.
    I like the internal art for Emma, it makes her look like she is in her mid to late 20's and she has that flirty but aloof look about her that you expect from Emma. I like that appearance that she is secretly amused by the people who are talking to her angrily. Some of the covers have been over sexualizing her, but some are just making her look like a normal person dressed in a fashionable but sexy business suit.

I can't stand that cover that makes her look like Eve while the Genoshan children die around her. What a horrible cover. That was the most tragic moment of Emma's life and if they were going to show anything they should have shown her trying to shield the children with her own body but failing because the explosion and fires are too intense. Making her look sexy and eating an apple while a bunch of children die around her is stupid. I remember in New X-Men when Jean and the others found Emma and how devastated she was by what happened and how intensely grief stricken she was when she couldn't save the children in her classroom.