Page 269 of 434 FirstFirst ... 169219259265266267268269270271272273279319369 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,035 of 6499
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Yeah marvel doesn't want to put work on marriages, so why get characters married then.
    It's all a drama ploy. You could say why bother with relationships and just have all the characters engage in open or poly affairs. Because it takes the drama aspect out. Media in general is caught up on the will they or won't they deal.

• So they spend lots of time teasing a relationship & fans tuning in to see if they'll ever get together.
    • Then when the characters get together, we'll get the honeymoon period that gives fandom the "awww" feels, followed by the dysfunction where the relationship deteriorates and character brings out the worst in one another. Then fans continue tuning in because the dysfunction is hot or to see if they overcome it.
    • Then the characters will break up, and we'll go back to circular will they or won't they. And fans tuning in to see if they ever get back together.

It's just as case of building something just to break it, and start building it again in some different way that'll have the same result.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-23-2019 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    It's all a drama ploy. You could say why bother with relationships and just have all the characters engage in open or poly affairs. Because it takes the drama aspect out. Media in general is caught up on the will they or won't they deal.

• So they spend lots of time teasing a relationship & fans tuning in to see if they'll ever get together.
    • Then when the characters get together, we'll get the honeymoon period that gives fandom the "awww" feels, followed by the dysfunction where the relationship deteriorates and character brings out the worst in one another. Then fans continue tuning in because the dysfunction is hot or to see if they overcome it.
    • Then the characters will break up, and we'll go back to circular will they or won't they.

It's just as case of building something just to break it, and start building it again in some different way that'll have the same result.
    Seems like writers have blocks with married couples or they are just awful writers.

I guess the problem is the lack of a good story beyond the love story. Sometimes I can care a lot less about romance when the story being told is really good.

Seems like writers have blocks with married couples or they are just awful writers.

I guess the problem is the lack of a good story beyond the love story. Sometimes I can care a lot less about romance when the story being told is really good.
    I can agree with that. Some of the manga I read (really all of them) focus on action, drama, with some ship tease. But pairings & romance is not a huge part of the story in many cases, but it's great.

Meanwhile, anytime I have gotten truly & deeply invested in ships (not often), I always end up in the ocean because I am on the ship that gets sunk. lol Then when I am fished out, I am forced on board the ship I hate.

I can agree with that. Some of the manga I read (really all of them) focus on action, drama, with some ship tease. But pairings & romance is not a huge part of the story in many cases, but it's great.

Meanwhile, anytime I have gotten truly & deeply invested in ships (not often), I always end up in the ocean because I am on the ship that gets sunk. lol Then when I am fished out, I am forced on board the ship I hate.
    I got some luck cases, but mostly sink or are on the closet

I’ve missed a lot of drama it seems by not keeping up with the X-books the last few years. Especially the more tertiary ones like X-Factor.

But I have to ask....shouldn’t most characters have some flaws? Obviously some of the stuff you guys have mentioned is a bit much...but some of it seems pretty common. Premarital sex and one night stands and being mean to others...all that stuff seems pretty believable, no? We can’t have all these characters being paragons of virtue right?

BANNED

lmao there is nothing wrong with Monet being Muslim while not keeping up with hyper religious customs. Good god, get a grip. Not every Muslim is Dust.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    I’ve missed a lot of drama it seems by not keeping up with the X-books the last few years. Especially the more tertiary ones like X-Factor.

But I have to ask....shouldn’t most characters have some flaws? Obviously some of the stuff you guys have mentioned is a bit much...but some of it seems pretty common. Premarital sex and one night stands and being mean to others...all that stuff seems pretty believable, no? We can’t have all these characters being paragons of virtue right?
    All characters have flaws. But depending on your taste, standards, and the type of flaws, it varies with how likable or unlikable a character can be. And sadly, with characters, things are very messy. Like how you could be a fan of a villain, but hate one of the heroes. Taste in fiction can be weird that way. lol

For me, Monet was never flawless. But she was still likable. PAD on the other had exaggerated her negative traits to the point that (for me) she was no longer likable. I don't dislike her for being Muslim. That will just always be something I saw as unnecessary like Bishop becoming an Aborigine. Neither change makes me dislike the character, but I just saw no point in it. Especially when PAD ignores things like Monet being black, and saying things like there's no proof she's "African anything" but has time to make her Muslim.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-23-2019 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    lmao there is nothing wrong with Monet being Muslim while not keeping up with hyper religious customs. Good god, get a grip. Not every Muslim is Dust.
    i'm not sure about this. being a muslim is big dedication than just being a christian

BANNED

i'm not sure about this. being a muslim is big dedication than just being a christian
    Uh, no. All religions have liberal and orthodox interpretations.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Uh, no. All religions have liberal and orthodox interpretations.
    Even the most liberal, the sunits, are still very strict on rules

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    because no one ever gets married and marriages never last.

That explains a lot, actually. That makes total sense.
    Lol true on the latter part. Very few characters would've ever had sex if they waited for marriage lol
    Just like real life!

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    That isn't from the solicitations that comes from the preview pages of X-Men #1 and Marauders #1.
    Ok, in which case can I point out I don’t really do spoilers. Not too bothered but I find they ruin my fun speculating, and they are also open to interpretation anyway.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Enough discussion about religion. Please get back on topic.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Ultimate Member

Not to mention after the departure of the dupe baby Terry went home and then after the whole mess with Deadpool met one of Jamie's dupes that told her to go back and rejoin the team with Jamie in command rather than have a mind of her own and such...and the whole Layla thing started with her telling Jamie that they were going to be married in the future, and yeah they did get together about as soon as she came back and Jamie was VERY aware that she had grown up...and now she's basically all but forgotten about...pretty much most of that X-Factor run should be totally forgotten about imho...

Astonishing Member

RCO024_1468911258.jpg

Was reading Infinity and found this little nugget. Oh Hickman lol