Page 27 of 434 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast

Let's just put a hard ban on purple robots, time travel, and jobbers from Claremont's run to see how many X-Writers struggle to do anything but baseball and love triangles.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Let's just put a hard ban on purple robots, time travel, and jobbers from Claremont's run to see how many X-Writers struggle to do anything but baseball and love triangles.
    No problem, they just have to make another story with Phoenix.

BANNED

Ah, but alternate universes aren’t time travel!

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

What if the robots aren't purple?

BANNED

How about whatever makes the Eternals' powers be suddenly poisonous to mutants?

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Kicking this around while I was doing the dishes the other night, I did have a thought about the whole thing.

For quite a while Hickman penning a Legion Of Super-Heroes over at DC.

Thinking about some of the loose ends in that initial image, it occurred to me that one-half of this could wind up being an "X" IP version of Legion Of Super-Heroes.
    I wouldn't mind seeing this actually, if they do decide to do an X-Version of the Legion of Super-Heroes. There are a few people who could possibly survive into a future time period to be mentors for the new generation, Laura, Gabby, Wolverine, possibly even Rachel (she seems to get resurrected by the Phoenix remnant inside her when she dies).

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    How about whatever makes the Eternals' powers be suddenly poisonous to mutants?
    the eternals unlike the inhumans don't breath crystals
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Mutants can still live in their own part of Earth if needed, but the integration delusion could be left alone for a while. Let them try to do different stuff. Try to find out how your powers can bring new understanding about scientific concepts, old theories. Are there mutants capable of helping produce more clean energy, maybe helping to produce stuff at minor costs? Is it plausible that a person's mutant power helps them craft some new level of art or music or whatever the hell comes to mind? Just embrace the whimsical, mix it correctly with the superhero part and go wild.
    You're on to something. What if mutant's powers were meant to be used to continue the evolution in such fields as you mention? Humanity is in need of more clean energy - perhaps it is found in the mutants. Evolving species adapting, it's a perfect example.

Quote Originally Posted by Striderblack01 View Post

I'd like to propose an idea.
    One that would make the X-franchise more in-tune with modern society and isn't completely antithetical to what the X-men are and stand for (such as packing up and leaving).

How about Marvel lets the X-men, and mutants in general, win.
    And by win, I mean guaranteed equality under the law.
    No sentinels, no cures, no extinctions - just mutant freedom circa post-American Civil War.

I would like to see the franchise shift from fighting for survival to fighting for equality and acceptance.
    Just because the government(s) aren't openly seeking your demise with giant murder bots doesn't mean everything has worked out.
    The X-men would be dealing with prejudice, racial violence, segregation, Mutant versions of Jim Crow, racist institutions, etc - ala the modern world outside your window.

Let's explore actual integration and all the wonderful problems that come along with it.

Just a thought.
    That would be nice and all but that's not where things currently are. It would take a giant leap to get there from here. But I truly would like that to be the end goal of it all. Peaceful co-existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    the eternals unlike the inhumans don't breath crystals
    And they aren't dirty.

The Eternals bathe in their own preserved bathwater. They drink it too.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    That would be nice and all but that's not where things currently are. It would take a giant leap to get there from here. But I truly would like that to be the end goal of it all. Peaceful co-existence.
    Then why should we care if they never win any kind of progress?

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    That’s also not what entirely what happened. People can’t honestly be so naive as to think that the Union won the war and everything immediately improved for black people across America. Former slaves got screwed hard in post-Civil War America. The laws say one thing, people will do another. This has happened time and time again, the fight for equality doesn’t end just because someone signed a paper.

Also, I have a theory for HoX/P10 and the rest of Hickman’s run as a whole, but I’m still kinda working on it. I can give you the short version, though: Hickmans’s X-Men will be a spiritual successor to his Ultimates run, which was sadly cut short. HoX/P10 is a retelling of The People vs The Children of Tomorrow.

The Eternals bathe in their own preserved bathwater. They drink it too.
    I drink my own bathwater and I'm the cleanest person I know. It's perfectly healthy...

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Then why should we care if they never win any kind of progress?
    I would love it if they did but perhaps the setting needs to be changed for it to happen.
    Last edited by JB; 04-28-2019 at 05:41 PM.