Page 272 of 434 FirstFirst ... 172222262268269270271272273274275276282322372 ... LastLast
Results 4,066 to 4,080 of 6499

Question about Moira 9th life. Year 56 shortly after Nimrod comes online it says she fled to a Krakoan stronghold. However isn’t Krakoa created in her 10th life when she approached Xavier? She killed Xavier in life 9 so I’m confused about that one. Same with the Sinister breeding pits. Krakoa exists in this timeline somwehow?
    Last edited by Chessboxer; 08-27-2019 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chessboxer View Post
    Question about Moira 9th life. Year 56 shortly after Nimrod comes online it says she fled to a Krakoan stronghold. However isn’t Krakoa created in her 10th life when she approached Xavier? She killed Xavier in life 9 so I’m confused about that one
    Apocalypse and Moira created the first Krakoa as a fortress in the ninth life.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Apocalypse and Moira created the first Krakoa as a fortress in the ninth life.
    Ok great thanks

What is curious is that Wolverine had an X in his suit, even when he is a Horseman. Perhaps Moira founded an X-Men without Xavier out of pure nostalgia.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I don't think our heros are going to succeed in preventing Nimrod's creation. That would be too easy, I bet they are all going to die.
    The pod people from the first issue are suspicious, I think everybody forgot about them way to early. Maybe they could be clones of the real ones after all, maybe nobody came back from the death for real and we are seeing only disposable replacements.
    Attachment 86237
    I could see that honestly, and I suppose it makes for a good twist.

BANNED

The Life 9 timeline (in HoX #2) indicates that Moira and Apocalypse did form the X-Men. Many were also Horsemen, I believe.
    Last edited by powerpax; 08-27-2019 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I don't think our heros are going to succeed in preventing Nimrod's creation. That would be too easy, I bet they are all going to die.
    The pod people from the first issue are suspicious, I think everybody forgot about them way to early. Maybe they could be clones of the real ones after all, maybe nobody came back from the death for real and we are seeing only disposable replacements.
    Attachment 86237
    Do you think this is were sinister comes into play

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chessboxer View Post
    Question about Moira 9th life. Year 56 shortly after Nimrod comes online it says she fled to a Krakoan stronghold. However isn’t Krakoa created in her 10th life when she approached Xavier? She killed Xavier in life 9 so I’m confused about that one. Same with the Sinister breeding pits. Krakoa exists in this timeline somwehow?
    Moira and Apocalypse formed the X-Men in Year 28. Not much of a stretch to assume they used Krakoa. Seven years later, Apocalypse captured Sinister and enslaved him. That's why comments about "mutant leadership" in PoX #1 were very vague, since it meant Moira, Poccy and the First Horsemen, but they couldn't reveal it until PoX #3.

In case you're wondering about sources, I'm taking this from the HoX #2 and PoX #3 Moira charts.

BANNED

What I don't understand is the textual implication that all "senior mutant leadership" was taken off the board or eliminated by Sinister's machinations. PoX #1-3 feature Apocalypse, Moira, Wolverine, etc. all still active at a point in time we now know is years after Sinister's betrayal came to pass and after he was destroyed. Moira isn't even put into a coma until over a decade after the fall of Krakoa, which is supposed to directly precede Sinister's execution by the human-machine supremacy. So what happened to this trio during those years when Sinister was on the rise?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    What I don't understand is the textual implication that all "senior mutant leadership" was taken off the board or eliminated by Sinister's machinations. PoX #1-3 feature Apocalypse, Moira, Wolverine, etc. all still active at a point in time we now know is years after Sinister's betrayal came to pass and after he was destroyed. Moira isn't even put into a coma until over a decade after the fall of Krakoa, which is supposed to directly precede Sinister's execution by the human-machine supremacy. So what happened to this trio during those years when Sinister was on the rise?
    The ones that disappeared/died first are either the First Horsemen or the First X-Men. As far as we know, they might even be the same thing.

For all effects and purposes, let's consider them different things. So it might mean the OG X-Men were the first to go, Xorn and Wolverine disappeared and then there was the assassination attempt on Apocalypse and Moira. It kind of fits with the elements we have so far.

BANNED

I suppose that's an idea. I have a hard time not considering Apocalypse and Moira "senior leadership" since they founded the X-Men in that timeline, though. (And the assassination attempt on Moira happened years after the fall of Krakoa and the end of Sinister, unless I am misremembering something.)

I finally thought of the right comparison.

Hickman is starting his X-Men run with an event comic akin to Infinity from his Avengers run. If you just moved Infinity to the first 12 issues of said run...

This is really bigger than a standard Event at this point with the changes and threads already out there, and it is limited to just these 12 issues before the real relaunch starts.

This HoX 3 was straight fire. It is shame we can't talk about it even in spoiler tags. It is still a deep concept heavy book but it has start to play in action comic book genre as well. And it had one of the smarter action sequences I have read in comic where both sides felt competent. Last thing I think the book captures a bunch of peoples personalities correctly. Now the wait to talk about it more begins

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if that description isn't for the 6th life.

BANNED

Hoooo lawd! I wish we could talk about this.