Page 272 of 422 FirstFirst ... 172222262268269270271272273274275276282322372 ... LastLast
Results 4,066 to 4,080 of 6329
  1. #4066
    Amazing Member Chessboxer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Question about Moira 9th life. Year 56 shortly after Nimrod comes online it says she fled to a Krakoan stronghold. However isnít Krakoa created in her 10th life when she approached Xavier? She killed Xavier in life 9 so Iím confused about that one. Same with the Sinister breeding pits. Krakoa exists in this timeline somwehow?
    Last edited by Chessboxer; 08-27-2019 at 04:36 PM.

  2. #4067
    Astonishing Member Glio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    2,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chessboxer View Post
    Question about Moira 9th life. Year 56 shortly after Nimrod comes online it says she fled to a Krakoan stronghold. However isn’t Krakoa created in her 10th life when she approached Xavier? She killed Xavier in life 9 so I’m confused about that one
    Apocalypse and Moira created the first Krakoa as a fortress in the ninth life.

  3. #4068
    Amazing Member Chessboxer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Apocalypse and Moira created the first Krakoa as a fortress in the ninth life.
    Ok great thanks

  4. #4069
    Astonishing Member Glio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    2,318

    Default

    What is curious is that Wolverine had an X in his suit, even when he is a Horseman. Perhaps Moira founded an X-Men without Xavier out of pure nostalgia.

  5. #4070
    Astonishing Member DragonPiece's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I don't think our heros are going to succeed in preventing Nimrod's creation. That would be too easy, I bet they are all going to die.
    The pod people from the first issue are suspicious, I think everybody forgot about them way to early. Maybe they could be clones of the real ones after all, maybe nobody came back from the death for real and we are seeing only disposable replacements.
    Attachment 86237
    I could see that honestly, and I suppose it makes for a good twist.

  6. #4071
    Mighty Member powerpax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,223

    Default

    The Life 9 timeline (in HoX #2) indicates that Moira and Apocalypse did form the X-Men. Many were also Horsemen, I believe.
    Last edited by powerpax; 08-27-2019 at 05:24 PM.

  7. #4072
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I don't think our heros are going to succeed in preventing Nimrod's creation. That would be too easy, I bet they are all going to die.
    The pod people from the first issue are suspicious, I think everybody forgot about them way to early. Maybe they could be clones of the real ones after all, maybe nobody came back from the death for real and we are seeing only disposable replacements.
    Attachment 86237
    Do you think this is were sinister comes into play

  8. #4073
    Sad & Brazilian PrezValentine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chessboxer View Post
    Question about Moira 9th life. Year 56 shortly after Nimrod comes online it says she fled to a Krakoan stronghold. However isnít Krakoa created in her 10th life when she approached Xavier? She killed Xavier in life 9 so Iím confused about that one. Same with the Sinister breeding pits. Krakoa exists in this timeline somwehow?
    Moira and Apocalypse formed the X-Men in Year 28. Not much of a stretch to assume they used Krakoa. Seven years later, Apocalypse captured Sinister and enslaved him. That's why comments about "mutant leadership" in PoX #1 were very vague, since it meant Moira, Poccy and the First Horsemen, but they couldn't reveal it until PoX #3.

    In case you're wondering about sources, I'm taking this from the HoX #2 and PoX #3 Moira charts.
    Hunting's no fun when your prey doesn't move.

  9. #4074
    Mighty Member powerpax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,223

    Default

    What I don't understand is the textual implication that all "senior mutant leadership" was taken off the board or eliminated by Sinister's machinations. PoX #1-3 feature Apocalypse, Moira, Wolverine, etc. all still active at a point in time we now know is years after Sinister's betrayal came to pass and after he was destroyed. Moira isn't even put into a coma until over a decade after the fall of Krakoa, which is supposed to directly precede Sinister's execution by the human-machine supremacy. So what happened to this trio during those years when Sinister was on the rise?

  10. #4075
    Sad & Brazilian PrezValentine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    What I don't understand is the textual implication that all "senior mutant leadership" was taken off the board or eliminated by Sinister's machinations. PoX #1-3 feature Apocalypse, Moira, Wolverine, etc. all still active at a point in time we now know is years after Sinister's betrayal came to pass and after he was destroyed. Moira isn't even put into a coma until over a decade after the fall of Krakoa, which is supposed to directly precede Sinister's execution by the human-machine supremacy. So what happened to this trio during those years when Sinister was on the rise?
    The ones that disappeared/died first are either the First Horsemen or the First X-Men. As far as we know, they might even be the same thing.

    For all effects and purposes, let's consider them different things. So it might mean the OG X-Men were the first to go, Xorn and Wolverine disappeared and then there was the assassination attempt on Apocalypse and Moira. It kind of fits with the elements we have so far.
    Hunting's no fun when your prey doesn't move.

  11. #4076
    Mighty Member powerpax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,223

    Default

    I suppose that's an idea. I have a hard time not considering Apocalypse and Moira "senior leadership" since they founded the X-Men in that timeline, though. (And the assassination attempt on Moira happened years after the fall of Krakoa and the end of Sinister, unless I am misremembering something.)

  12. #4077
    Amazing Member gambit2051's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    51

    Default

    I finally thought of the right comparison.

    Hickman is starting his X-Men run with an event comic akin to Infinity from his Avengers run. If you just moved Infinity to the first 12 issues of said run...

    This is really bigger than a standard Event at this point with the changes and threads already out there, and it is limited to just these 12 issues before the real relaunch starts.

  13. #4078
    Astonishing Member Killerbee911's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    2,551

    Default

    This HoX 3 was straight fire. It is shame we can't talk about it even in spoiler tags. It is still a deep concept heavy book but it has start to play in action comic book genre as well. And it had one of the smarter action sequences I have read in comic where both sides felt competent. Last thing I think the book captures a bunch of peoples personalities correctly. Now the wait to talk about it more begins

  14. #4079
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    What I don't understand is the textual implication that all "senior mutant leadership" was taken off the board or eliminated by Sinister's machinations. PoX #1-3 feature Apocalypse, Moira, Wolverine, etc. all still active at a point in time we now know is years after Sinister's betrayal came to pass and after he was destroyed. Moira isn't even put into a coma until over a decade after the fall of Krakoa, which is supposed to directly precede Sinister's execution by the human-machine supremacy. So what happened to this trio during those years when Sinister was on the rise?
    I wouldn't be surprised if that description isn't for the 6th life.

  15. #4080
    Mighty Member powerpax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,223

    Default

    Hoooo lawd! I wish we could talk about this.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •