Page 279 of 434 FirstFirst ... 179229269275276277278279280281282283289329379 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,185 of 6499

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    Magneto, Xavier, Moira and maybe Apocalypse until Dawn of X
    I can see sinister being in this also

I don't think that Moira after Sinister's betrayal at 9º will trust him. Or maybe she just plans to betray him before he does.

I also suspect that Apocalypse is not a formal part of Krakoa's power structure.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I don't think that Moira after Sinister's betrayal at 9º will trust him. Or maybe she just plans to betray him before he does.

I also suspect that Apocalypse is not a formal part of Krakoa's power structure.
    What makes you believe it was actually a betrayal. Just because the notes suggest it. It seems to me to be part of Moira’s plan.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Wonder if Selene will ever get in on this Krakoa thing or if she'll just stick with the Power Elite for the foreseeable future.

Have she and Apocalypse ever shared a story? Kinda seems like a natural pairing to me.

That would be cool! I would read that

I wonder if Moira’s 6th life involves sinister. Sinister was Xavier and moiras professor in college I believe

Hmmmm this may have come up before, but I’ve been wondering, does anyone think this is eventually headed towards a major crossover with Black Panther? I don’t mean as the ultimate, final destination, just a checkpoint along the way which Marvel could get a big Summer Event out of.

The Krakoa/Wakanda parallels are obvious, and I’m way behind on Coates’ Black Panther, but my understanding is that he’s been pushing that mythology in similarly bold directions, including taking Wakanda to space? And I know he and Hickman are friends and have a history of giving each other feedback..

The geopolitical implications of two of Marvel’s biggest franchises heading bold sci-fi nations seem unavoidable, but it would be very interesting to see how that blend of metaphors could work, since Wakanda, while fictional, is so much closer to representing something real and specific, while mutants are kind of an all-purpose metaphor. Creatively it might make more sense to address tastefully and subtly in the separate series but not head on.. but I wonder if the challenge of actually ‘getting it right’ would prove too irresistible not to at least try.

I definitely couldn’t imagine them doing a straight “Krakoa vs. Wakanda”. That sounds terrible. It would have to be something complex and progressive enough that only these intelligent professionals could have cracked it after a lot of thought, haha.

You know I’m almost hesitant to bring it up because I feel like “who’s better” or “who would win” might be a type of response it prompts a lot of, and that’s not what I’m going for. That it could be so easily reduced to that is a reason they might not ever try it, unless they were able to make very clear from the outset that that’s not what it was about.

Though for many it may be problematic to even equate the two metaphors, which is understandable. Could just remain an elephant in the (giant shared universe) room for as long as Krakoa lasts.

Fun to think about a geopolitical tapestry that also includes Atlantis and Latveria, though. And Marvel Canada, which is not technically its own thing but I’ve always enjoyed that it’s basically real Canada but cannibalism turns you into a wendigo. What else is there? And the Ororo of it all..

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALITY View Post
    Hmmmm this may have come up before, but I’ve been wondering, does anyone think this is eventually headed towards a major crossover with Black Panther? I don’t mean as the ultimate, final destination, just a checkpoint along the way which Marvel could get a big Summer Event out of.
    Has Aaron beaten him to the punch by making T’Challa the new Midgard representative to the Congress of Worlds in the reestablished Asgard.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Has Aaron beaten him to the punch by making T’Challa the new Midgard representative to the Congress of Worlds in the reestablished Asgard.
    Hmmm maybe so! But it occurred to me after posting that maybe having mutants and Wakanda meet in space rather than Earth, since it seems like mutants are also extending their reach there, could be a good way to put some space between the fantasy and the real life parallels. And then all kinds of other stuff could be involved, like Asgard... then I guess they would have to differentiate it from War of the Realms though. Hmmmm.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    I wonder if Moira’s 6th life involves sinister. Sinister was Xavier and moiras professor in college I believe
    Where did you read this? Title and issue please.

BANNED

There has been a clear attempt to make sure anyone not reading PoX can get the full story. PoX is technically about something else. The wider implications and bigger picture.
    Charts.What's happening in PoX I think in charts of HoX.

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    Where did you read this? Title and issue please.
    It is most likely in reference to the revelation in Excalibur v3 #14 which although a journey through Xavier’s unconscious and therefore to some extent unreliable, does assert that Sinister was Moria’s tutor and also knew Charles. There is no real reason to doubt it, and it is tentatively supported by the fact Xavier had a tutor who he couldn’t mind read in UXM #389. It was not an uncommon fan theory that he split Xavier and Moira up based on the Excalibur story.

I wouldn’t put it past Hickman to touch on Sinister still being at Oxford at this time and confirming at least some of that story, especially with so much emphasis placed upon Oxford In Moira’s story. But, he could introduce Sinister in other ways.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 09-01-2019 at 04:25 PM.

It is most likely in reference to the revelation in Excalibur v3 #14 which although a journey through Xavier’s unconscious and therefore to some extent unreliable, does assert that Sinister was Moria’s tutor and also knew Charles. There is no real reason to doubt it, and it is tentatively supported by the fact Xavier had a tutor who he couldn’t mind read in UXM #389. It was not an uncommon fan theory that he split Xavier and Moira up based on the Excalibur story.

I wouldn’t put it past Hickman to touch on Sinister still being at Oxford at this time and confirming at least some of that story, especially with so much emphasis placed upon Oxford In Moira’s story. But, he could introduce Sinister in other ways.
    Also I think in x-men legacy to I believe

Spectacular Member

I like very much the idea that ultra-progressive and spacefaring Wakanda would be one of the first to welcome the mutant nation.

Given the mutual interests and mutant connection of Krakoa and Atlantis, an alliance may also be expected (not to mention that Chip Zdarsky's doing a kickass job writing Namor in The Invaders, and he's pretty close with Hickman).

Latveria too, if Doom and Xavneto could see eye-to-eye... the potential is mindblowing!

I haven't read Marvel comics in ages -- what's happening with other non-human communities like the Inhumans and the Eternals?

Quote Originally Posted by jamesslow View Post
    I like very much the idea that ultra-progressive and spacefaring Wakanda would be one of the first to welcome the mutant nation.

Given the mutual interests and mutant connection of Krakoa and Atlantis, an alliance may also be expected (not to mention that Chip Zdarsky's doing a kickass job writing Namor in The Invaders, and he's pretty close with Hickman).

Latveria too, if Doom and Xavneto could see eye-to-eye... the potential is mindblowing!

I haven't read Marvel comics in ages -- what's happening with other non-human communities like the Inhumans and the Eternals?
    Neither of them are having their own series at the moment. Inhumans are lesser popular than ever before. Eterenals will probbly be revived soon, as Marvel is planning a movie about them. Only thing there is that I think 3 male Eternals will be females in the movie.