Page 282 of 434 FirstFirst ... 182232272278279280281282283284285286292332382 ... LastLast
Results 4,216 to 4,230 of 6499

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Geez that sounds awful.
    It's just another retcon to make Xavier an *******. Invaders is good.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    It's just another retcon to make Xavier an *******. Invaders is good.
    Yeah, that sounds terrible. At least it's a low-selling non-X book, which means it's not X-canon.

I just binged Invaders, and it is good. I get how it sounds bad when you sum it up like that, but it isn't. It's good.

BANNED

I’m still waiting for Dazzler to show up and do something wild. Don’t let me down Hickman.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Yeah, that sounds terrible. At least it's a low-selling non-X book, which means it's not X-canon.
    [1] Chip writes extremely well, balancing humor and heartfelt emotion beautifully, and the Invaders is an extremely solid comic BUT...
    [2] to me it was a mistake to retcon-attribute all of Namor's past belligerent acts to a split personality created by Xavier BECAUSE...

[A] Why not leave Namor as an anti-hero, fully responsible for all the heinous acts he committed in the name of defending his kingdom?
    [B] After all, villains, as traditionally defined, can and do act heroically at times - Xavier seemed to be an overly convenient scapegoat AGAIN...

Great userid, useridgoeshere -- I love me some Atomic Robo too

Everything Namor did in WW2 was Namor's sole fault. And the personality that is Xavier's fault could only take control from the 90s.

It is not so much "Everything is Xavier's fault" as "a large part". He also did it with good intentions.

I have been reading Invaders waiting for some X-Telepath cameo since Cap said let's search for a telepath. But I don't think Chip will be able to use Mutants now.
    Maybe they'll ask Strange.

Also, Namor has been written as an ******* and has done so much killing and psychopathic stuff that they needed a way to redeem him. This was kinda lazy but it also kinda works.

From the moment it was seen that his new redesign had black sclera it was clear that there was going to be some mental control or corruption.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    From the moment it was seen that his new redesign had black sclera it was clear that there was going to be some mental control or corruption.
    thanks i learned a new word: sclera!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Namor has been written as an ******* and has done so much killing and psychopathic stuff that they needed a way to redeem him. This was kinda lazy but it also kinda works.
    Yeah that's what I was saying: why is there any need to redeem Namor? We don't need all goody two shoes. What's wrong with letting him be an unforgivably murderous king, who will occasionally save the earth from Galactus?

Coming back on topic, by the same token, why do the X Men need to be the misunderstood but unambiguously Good Guys that they started out as in the 60s? Let them become proud citizens of Krakoa who will not take **** from humans anymore, and who will murder (in "pre-emptive self-defence") any number of "innocent" scientists planning to build sentinels and nimrods.

I reiterate that I'm not judging one way or the other, all I'm asking is, are we not mature enough to accept a series headlined by a team that are morally compromised by their own instincts of self-preservation?

Namor flooded New York in WW2 before Xavier did anything.

On one hand, Namor should be on the edge because it makes him unique. On the other hand, it's really hard to do genuine Namor/Invaders stories with him and Steve or other characters in general after he killed billions of people and then formed a club to do it again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and ag--
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Did anyone connect the Destiny Diaries already to House of X? CBR has a great article on the Omega Sentinels, Destiny Diaries and more.

https://www.cbr.com/house-of-x-delivers-on-90s-x-men/

Yeah, even if Namor was earlier, they always have to find a way to differentiate it from Aquaman. And like Quicksilver / Flash, your way of being different is to be a jerk. Namor and Quicksilver should always be and will be jerks but without crossing certain limits.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    Did anyone connect the Destiny Diaries already to House of X? CBR has a great article on the Omega Sentinels, Destiny Diaries and more.

https://www.cbr.com/house-of-x-delivers-on-90s-x-men/
    If anything it's been referenced in the "well, her premonitions have been prevented in the past, it's possible this warning of the "11 lives" is a red herring" thought process.