Page 283 of 434 FirstFirst ... 183233273279280281282283284285286287293333383 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,245 of 6499
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Yeah, even if Namor was earlier, they always have to find a way to differentiate it from Aquaman. And like Quicksilver / Flash, your way of being different is to be a jerk. Namor and Quicksilver should always be and will be jerks but without crossing certain limits.
    Interestingly if the new dark take on The Joker is successful, it may embolden the MCU to put on the silver screen an enraged king who is willing to wage war on surface dwellers to protect Atlantis (turnaround being fair play since Aquaman was shot like a Marvel movie)...

And why stop there, since they've just got back from FOX a team of mutants who go on to form a sovereign state as sanctuary from humans who have gone to the genocidal extreme of seeking to extinguish this branch of evolution. The parallels to anti-immigration movements and the rise of the Islamic State will certainly not be typical Hollywood fare, but let's not forget that the House of Mouse just made the biggest movie in history about a maniac who wiped out half of all life in the universe in a misguided attempt to do good...

Spectacular Member

Just to shoot off on a tangent before going to bed (it's almost midnight here in deepest, darkest Borneo), I need to quote @jackraow21 who said in the X Men to Film thread:

Well, now we can just pretend that the discrepancies were due to the FOX-men films taking place in the different lives of Moira MacTaggert.

LOL?? But really this idea can totally be applied to the more troublesome storylines in the past 56 years of X Men comics, i.e. they took place in one of Moira's previous lives!

Of course Alan Moore did this much earlier with the fantasy programming fed to the sleeping Miracle Family by Gargunza, and Grant Morrison followed with Batman's isolation experiment in the Himalayas which fit in all his bizarre 1950s history, but it's still a nice way to not ignore but rather recognise and honour all the wacko tales of decades past as part of current continuity...

Shalvey exclusive variant

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

http://www.xavierfiles.com/2019/09/0...w-x-men-title/

Newest rumor throws Chip Zdarsky's name in the ring for wave 2 alongside Leah Williams and Vita Ayala - because he's posted on his newsletter about something called 'Project Interexting'!
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

shalvey slurping up some javier rodriguez juice like a smart guy
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    http://www.xavierfiles.com/2019/09/0...w-x-men-title/

Newest rumor throws Chip Zdarsky's name in the ring for wave 2 alongside Leah Williams and Vita Ayala - because he's posted on his newsletter about something called 'Project Interexting'!
    Chip would be a solid get for the line. And not at all surprising.

My crackpot theory would be that with Invaders reportedly not selling great, maybe he'll transition his Namor plotlines into a new X-book.

Spidey Life Story was originally conceived as a Wolverine/Mister Fantastic thing :BigThink:

Zdarsky, Ayala, and Williams all on Wave 2 books would be so seck see. galaxy brain, give Eve Ewing a book.

I mean, Professor Carey *is* back to Marvel writing a Fantastic Four one-shot.

Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Spidey Life Story was originally conceived as a Wolverine/Mister Fantastic thing :BigThink:
    It should stayed like that because Life Story has been a dissapointment (don't try to convince me of the contrary Snoop, i'm not giving any love to that story).
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post

Just saying.
    I would adore this...Make it happen Marvel!!!

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post

Just saying.
    Please don't get my hopes up :')
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I would adore this...Make it happen Marvel!!!
    Williams, Zdarsky, Ayala, and Carey on Wave 2 X-Men? If only Marvel loved truly us that much....

Cyke is awesome! Despair! The Jeeper 2.0's Avatar

Well, if ya got HoX 4 spoilers please PM me.
    "Listen to me...you can't kill an idea. It always comes back. Resurrected. Or reborn...into a different form." - Cyclops, Secret Wars

Colorist Marte Gracia experienced an internal systems failure, but is recovering at home. Since he will not be doing the last issues of each book, I'd imagine Hickman will capture David Curiel in a glass box. Pray to him for blessing you with the pretty colors.

https://twitter.com/martegracia/stat...53863472369664