Page 290 of 434 FirstFirst ... 190240280286287288289290291292293294300340390 ... LastLast
Results 4,336 to 4,350 of 6499

Did Bendis copy Hickman in Legion of Super Heroes Millennium?
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/09...-x-2-spoilers/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    "C-Cindy... I... I know this is sudden, but I... I just really like you and... I was wondering... I, uh, would you like to... well... w-w-would you like to go watch Joker with me?"
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    "C-Cindy... I... I know this is sudden, but I... I just really like you and... I was wondering... I, uh, would you like to... well... w-w-would you like to go watch Joker with me?"
    “Uhh I’m sorry...have we met bef—“

“YOU ARE NOT FIT TO SURVIVE”

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    what the hell is this?! is this one of those fake action figure covers? He wore a fake beard once during Gen X, the arc were he and Skin are on the road hitchhiking and run into Howard the Duck, it looked nothing like that!

You're nitpicking. Looks like it to me

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

what the hell is this?! is this one of those fake action figure covers? He wore a fake beard once during Gen X, the arc were he and Skin are on the road hitchhiking and run into Howard the Duck, it looked nothing like that!

What is that cover? He looks like Doctor Eggman.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    He really looks like he wants to ask moira out

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    He really looks like he wants to ask moira out
    He looks like an angry bride walking down the isle, somebody need to photoshop a bride veil on him
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    What is that cover? He looks like Doctor Eggman.
    Generation X vol. 1 #20

You're nitpicking. Looks like it to me
    nope, one is wavy, the other is smooth and silky. Who cares, theyre both ugly and its a dumb accessory for a Chamber action figure, they should have included one of those fringed emo scarves that he wore in more recent X-men runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post

Like Gambit's cover. Josh Holloway as Gambit.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fridric View Post
    Yes, Hickman explored different assimilations except he replaced the X-men traditional RACIAL issue by hardcore sci-fi concepts of assimilation(machines-alien) which it's not the core of the X-men's stories because assimilation is NOT what X-men are talking about! I read Morrison too and he moved forward their ideology that's true because it can't be the same repetition of the same concept again and again because the world has changed. If we make a parallel with the real world they should be in the "integration phase" which is the true assimilation in the society. Instead of that he(Hicky) regressed them in an hardcore isolationism ideology! ALL WHAT THEY HAVE DONE SO FAR ARE IRRELEVANT!!! In fact, Hickman didn't respect all the characters' development and mutants stories. The retcon of Moira didn't make sense. Prof X and Magneto are aware of the future and they acted like idiots all along??? In this own thread, people talk and re-talk about the decision X or Mags had made during their stories and the only that comes to your mind is IT'S ILLOGICAL! Hickman had just created the BIGGEST MESS EVER FOR THE FRANCHISE! Everyone here are BLIND by the arts and/or by the fact their favorite heroes will show in the event or after!
    1)It's not like the FIRST TIME X and Mags work together as I know!
    2)Merging with Cerebro seems very suspicious and anyone suspect he controls the mutants! So, it's not a good point.
    3)It's not the 1st time they work with humans since the beginning it's the case! This offering seems suspicious too.
    4)Living on Krakoa a good thing? Seriously? The same island who tried to kill them and wanted to use them as food!
    5)The more WTF alliance for me: all the good & bad organization together VS the mutants? All these people can't bear each other and they live a bromance now.
    6)Cypher love merging with creepies if you want my opinion!
    7)This is a possibility.
    8)This future sucks for everyone(human-mutants-aliens and I don't know why he need to incorporate machines in this). We saw further futures than this one and it's not so lifeless.
    9)Amalgation characters are the laziest thing to do! They have no real development and personality so far!
    10)Cyclops with his own vision is the BEST Cyclops so far! People love him like that for so long, so no SUBDOG Cyclops for me, thanks!
    11)I HATE PHALANX! This is one of the WORST creation of the 90's! NO NO NO AND NO!!!
    12)HoX doesn't need PoX to be understood! In fact reading PoX is USELESS! Many readers, here, want to zap PoX and focus on HoX instead of the combo. So, I'm not the only one who find it a waste of time & money! Only the issues of revelation are really relevant(the red ones).
    At worst, the mutants could either end up killing all the Earth-616 humans to stop the mutant hatred, or that the mutants all end up getting killed and we wait for them to come back, like how Wolverine came back for example.

Now, Hickman could end up going a route that hugely changes up the mutant/human status quo for long-term, sure, but if he's going to go the route of "humans and mutants fight each other, everything is reset, and then we go in circles again," then I think that will bring the narrative more backwards than anything else.

I can't say this enough times: that I know prejudice exists in the real word and the plight of Marvel's mutants are meant to be an allegory for said real world.

I get it. I really do, after all the various times I've heard this told.

But with all of that in mind, I ask that would it make me an ignorant, bad person to as so very much at least suggest the idea that maybe... JUST maybe... that the humans' hatred towards mutants can become so hateful to the point that it becomes less realistic and less of a parallel to the prejudice that happens in the real world? We've seen the attack of the giant robots, mutants getting depowered, the use of powers in general to participate in large-scale fantastical battles, and other such things that honestly makes me feel it's more and more of a stretch when comparing the mutants to real life minorities, particularly when the writers focus so much on making it feel hopeless and pointless for the X-Men, that the "the mission of protecting a world that hates and fears them" just feels be damned. Just saying "because it's the right thing to do" doesn't feel like it's enough anymore.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I recognize that Stan Lee and Jack Kirby created the X-Men as a very close parallel to the unfortunate status of minorities in 1963, but with more and more minorities achieving widespread popularity and success (actors, athletes, politicians, etc.), more and more loving interracial couples being allowed to marry and have children together, anti-minority protests being met with a considerable amount of backlash and condemnation from many people who care about minorities in 2019, and just all the impacting progress in general people like Martin Luther King helped contribute towards, when you put all the good, the bad, and ugly together on the table in clear view for analysis, then is it really accurate to say that the X-Men's plight in 2019 very much closely parallels the plight of real life minorities in 2019?

Just some more food for thought.
    Last edited by Electricmastro; 09-04-2019 at 02:34 PM.

Cyke is awesome! Despair! The Jeeper 2.0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    At worst, the mutants could either end up killing all the Earth-616 humans to stop the mutant hatred, or that the mutants all end up getting killed and we wait for them to come back, like how Wolverine came back for example.

Now, Hickman could end up going a route that hugely changes up the mutant/human status quo for long-term, sure, but if he's going to go the route of "humans and mutants fight each other, everything is reset, and then we go in circles again," then I think that will bring the narrative more backwards than anything else.

I can't say thing enough times: that I know prejudice exists in the real word and the plight of Marvel's mutants are an allegory for said real world.

I get it. I really do, after all the various times I've heart this told.

But with all of that in mind, I ask that would it make me an ignorant, bad person to as so very much at least suggest the idea that maybe... JUST maybe... that the humans' hatred towards mutants can become so hateful to the point that it becomes less realistic and less of a parallel to the prejudice that happens in the real world? We've seen the attack of the giant robots, mutants getting depowered, the use of powers in general to participating in large-scale fantastical battles, and other such things that honestly makes me thing makes it more and more of a stretch when comparing the mutants to real life minorities, particularly when the writers focus so much on making it feel hopeless and pointless for the X-Men, "the mission of protecting a world that hates and fears them" just feels be damned. Just saying "because it's the right thing to do" doesn't feel like it's enough anymore.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I recognize that Stan Lee and Jack Kirby created the X-Men as a very close parallel to the unfortunate status of minorities in 1963, but with more and more minorities achieving widespread popularity and success (actors, athletes, politicians, etc.), more and more loving interracial couples being allowed to marry and have children together, anti-minority protests being met with a considerable amount of backlash and condemnation from many people who care about minorities in 2019, and just all the impacting progress in general people like Martin Luther King helped contribute towards, when you put all the good, the bad, and ugly together on the table in clear view for analysis, then is it really accurate to say that the X-Men's plight in 2019 very much closely parallels the plight of real life minorities in 2019?

Just some more food for thought.
    Minorities are only able to ascend so high. Many would still regard them as "less than..." no matter their success. They're called exceptions to the rule. At the same time, humanity in the comics is facing extinction, this response is believable.
    "Listen to me...you can't kill an idea. It always comes back. Resurrected. Or reborn...into a different form." - Cyclops, Secret Wars

That's a real variant my friend!

Picked up the Monet one today for HoX 4!

I love that poccy cover

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

So i was thinking about the recent developments concerning Moira and her past lives. In her she spent the entirety killing the Trask family. I wonder if she was aware of the existence of Tanya Trask in that life or any others that she lived thru after that?

BANNED

Man, what an excellent issue, wonder how what happened will be undonde.