Page 291 of 434 FirstFirst ... 191241281287288289290291292293294295301341391 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,365 of 6499

I wonder what reading order they are going to release in the hardcover.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I wonder what reading order they are going to release in the hardcover.
    JDW said release order.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Incredible Member

We are four issues in to both series and I feel like nothing has been accomplished. The X-Men seemed dull and not themselves. The Moira revealed retcons everything in the past. He future x-men, like most future versions of characters, were dull and lackluster. We have four more issues left. Is this going to be worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    JDW said release order.
    https://www.amazon.com/House-X-Power...gateway&sr=8-1

good to know

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Jeeper 2.0 View Post
    Minorities are only able to ascend so high. Many would still regard them as "less than..." no matter their success. They're called exceptions to the rule. At the same time, humanity in the comics is facing extinction, this response is believable.
    But if those are exceptions, then what don't count as exceptions? And maybe the mutants are only able to ascend so high in Earth-616 because the writers are constantly raising the bar, even with explanation of the real life minority parallels in mind. Real life isn't dictated by comic book writers after all.
    Last edited by Electricmastro; 09-04-2019 at 09:30 PM.

Because I'm such a huge sucker for the Fantastic Four, I wonder if they will be back in any way. I much prefer the X-Men interacting with them than the Avengers.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    We are four issues in to both series and I feel like nothing has been accomplished. The X-Men seemed dull and not themselves. The Moira revealed retcons everything in the past. He future x-men, like most future versions of characters, were dull and lackluster. We have four more issues left. Is this going to be worth it?
    Complete opposite to me this has been the most enjoyable X-Men event that I've read in a looooong time. Seems to me like you just want to skip ahead to the end and see what this new "status quo" is.

I'm very much enjoying this world that Hickman is crafting here this issues are dense af he's injecting so much information into a 12 issue run that I can't help but marvel at it. I get the feeling people wanted this to be a summer blockbuster event like previous Marvel events rather than a re-positioning of the X-Men universe as a whole.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    At worst, the mutants could either end up killing all the Earth-616 humans to stop the mutant hatred, or that the mutants all end up getting killed and we wait for them to come back, like how Wolverine came back for example.

Now, Hickman could end up going a route that hugely changes up the mutant/human status quo for long-term, sure, but if he's going to go the route of "humans and mutants fight each other, everything is reset, and then we go in circles again," then I think that will bring the narrative more backwards than anything else.

I can't say this enough times: that I know prejudice exists in the real word and the plight of Marvel's mutants are meant to be an allegory for said real world.

I get it. I really do, after all the various times I've heard this told.

But with all of that in mind, I ask that would it make me an ignorant, bad person to as so very much at least suggest the idea that maybe... JUST maybe... that the humans' hatred towards mutants can become so hateful to the point that it becomes less realistic and less of a parallel to the prejudice that happens in the real world? We've seen the attack of the giant robots, mutants getting depowered, the use of powers in general to participate in large-scale fantastical battles, and other such things that honestly makes me feel it's more and more of a stretch when comparing the mutants to real life minorities, particularly when the writers focus so much on making it feel hopeless and pointless for the X-Men, that the "the mission of protecting a world that hates and fears them" just feels be damned. Just saying "because it's the right thing to do" doesn't feel like it's enough anymore.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I recognize that Stan Lee and Jack Kirby created the X-Men as a very close parallel to the unfortunate status of minorities in 1963, but with more and more minorities achieving widespread popularity and success (actors, athletes, politicians, etc.), more and more loving interracial couples being allowed to marry and have children together, anti-minority protests being met with a considerable amount of backlash and condemnation from many people who care about minorities in 2019, and just all the impacting progress in general people like Martin Luther King helped contribute towards, when you put all the good, the bad, and ugly together on the table in clear view for analysis, then is it really accurate to say that the X-Men's plight in 2019 very much closely parallels the plight of real life minorities in 2019?

Just some more food for thought.
    You know that you had already responded me the 1st time?

Spectacular Member

Did anyone explain why Alpha Flight which has had many mutants in their team roster would join Orchis? (I haven't read most Marvel comics in years -- did Alpha Flight break bad?)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jamesslow View Post
    Did anyone explain why Alpha Flight which has had many mutants in their team roster would join Orchis? (I haven't read most Marvel comics in years -- did Alpha Flight break bad?)
    There's about a thousand and one reasons I'm guessing but the thing to remember is that Orchis isn't really a mutant hating organization but rather an organization focuses on the preservation of humanity in it's current form. I'm sure there are quite a few people in Alpha Flight who could sympathize with that.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesslow View Post
    I interpret that it is the new Alpha Flight, which is basically S.W.O.R.D with another name and not the classic Alpha Flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I interpret that it is the new Alpha Flight, which is basically S.W.O.R.D with another name and not the classic Alpha Flight.
    That was about my take.

If you aren't questioning S.W.O.R.D. being involved, I can't really see questioning the current Alpha Flight's very minimal involvement.

I have a theory about House of X #4 and how the "dead" X-Men are going to come back. Let's face it. We know they're coming back. They've been mentioned in upcoming solicits. And nobody stays dead, especially in the X-Men. Some have speculated that this is all taking place in Moira's 6th life. I don't think that's the case. I think this is, indeed, her 10th life and the mainline universe. But I also think Moira is still playing a role here.

Xavier mentioned in previous issues that ideas don't die. He even said "no more" at the end of this latest issue. I suspect that means he already has a contingency for getting his team back. And I think Moira is the key, once more. I believe that he found a way to duplicate her powers, possibly with help from Sinister or Apocalypse. And those pods we saw in the first issue were the first instance of them using it. So in a sense, their deaths are real. They have weight in that they all remember everything leading up to their deaths. But thanks to the pods and Moira's powers, they're resurrected with their memories and experiences intact.

I think this could have an even greater meaning. In the first infographic, we saw a list of atrocities committed against mutants. We also saw just how much their population had been decimated. I think that data was shown with a purpose in mind. I think this is how Charles Xavier makes his dream real. Thanks to Moira and her powers, he essentially makes it so that it cannot die, no matter what humanity throws at it. They can attack and massacre them all they want. They'll keep coming back, literally and figuratively. Now, with Krakoa, they're not all in one place and they're more organized than they've ever been.

Of course, most of my theories tend to be wrong. But this is just my current theory.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Because I'm such a huge sucker for the Fantastic Four, I wonder if they will be back in any way. I much prefer the X-Men interacting with them than the Avengers.
    I too find their interactions with the FOUR preferable to the Avengers. Perhaps its mostly because its so infrequent? So it feels fresh?
    I'm particularly fond of their exchange in Whedon's Astonishing X-Men about piggy backing on the FOUR's celebrity status.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Xavier mentioned in previous issues that ideas don't die. He even said "no more" at the end of this latest issue. I suspect that means he already has a contingency for getting his team back. And I think Moira is the key, once more. I believe that he found a way to duplicate her powers, possibly with help from Sinister or Apocalypse. And those pods we saw in the first issue were the first instance of them using it. So in a sense, their deaths are real. They have weight in that they all remember everything leading up to their deaths. But thanks to the pods and Moira's powers, they're resurrected with their memories and experiences intact.

I think this could have an even greater meaning. In the first infographic, we saw a list of atrocities committed against mutants. We also saw just how much their population had been decimated. I think that data was shown with a purpose in mind. I think this is how Charles Xavier makes his dream real. Thanks to Moira and her powers, he essentially makes it so that it cannot die, no matter what humanity throws at it. They can attack and massacre them all they want. They'll keep coming back, literally and figuratively. Now, with Krakoa, they're not all in one place and they're more organized than they've ever been.

Of course, most of my theories tend to be wrong. But this is just my current theory.
    Hmm, but Xavier's "No more" seemed to come from a man without a contingency plan. If he suspected he could resurrect them before their deaths, than that "No More" loses major depth.

I think this makes Xavier team up with someone like Sinister or Apocalypse and then they make things worse.