Page 292 of 434 FirstFirst ... 192242282288289290291292293294295296302342392 ... LastLast
Results 4,366 to 4,380 of 6499
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I too find their interactions with the FOUR preferable to the Avengers. Perhaps its mostly because its so infrequent? So it feels fresh?
    I'm particularly fond of their exchange in Whedon's Astonishing X-Men about piggy backing on the FOUR's celebrity status.
    I think XMen fans are soft towards the FF4 because they got it worse in the FOX deal.

With that said, I saw a video about how Hickman wrote them on Fantastic Four, and it's the most I've liked a non-X Marvel story in years. Seems Hickman loves them and will surely want to have them guest star in the future.

BANNED

Somebody probably pointed this out already, but in HoX #1 Magneto claims that mutants have never held slaves or forcefully taken land. Magneto has tried to do both of these like five times, and what about Apocalypse, Shadow King, Selene, and The Externals? I wonder what their collective body count is and how many humans they’ve enslaved.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Operative word being "tried"? But obviously never succeeded thanks to the X-Men.
    The villainous actions of a few should not be equated with the actual colonisation and enslavement and genocide committed by governments and rulers throughout humanity's history.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Somebody probably pointed this out already, but in HoX #1 Magneto claims that mutants have never held slaves or forcefully taken land. Magneto has tried to do both of these like five times, and what about Apocalypse, Shadow King, Selene, and The Externals? I wonder what their collective body count is and how many humans they’ve enslaved.

It's not lying. It's politics.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Same thing. lol

To quote the late Robin Williams
    Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed frequently for the same reason.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Operative word being "tried"? But obviously never succeeded thanks to the X-Men.
    “I’ve never held slaves or stolen land.....but only because the X-Men stopped me when I tried.”

LOL no...

The villainous actions of a few should not be equated with the actual colonisation and enslavement and genocide committed by governments and rulers throughout humanity's history.
    But in the context of an X-Men comic the villainous actions of Apocalypse and Clan Akkaba are comparable to actual™ genocide.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I too find their interactions with the FOUR preferable to the Avengers. Perhaps its mostly because its so infrequent? So it feels fresh?
    I'm particularly fond of their exchange in Whedon's Astonishing X-Men about piggy backing on the FOUR's celebrity status.
    That's part of it, and it's nice to see the X-Men friendly with another main Marvel team. I loved the interaction between Scott and team before things got weird, it was really nice.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post

Right, but I think Magneto actually believes that mutants are somehow more enlightened than humans or something, which is kinda ridiculous because they're just humans with powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    That's a good point. And I believe that they have been successful.

I'm pretty sure that Magneto forced the UN to give him control of Genosha.

And didn't Cyclops take land forcefully when he created the Utopia island. Or did he receive blessing from the mayor of San Francisco or some other politician like her.

Pertaining to Apocalypse and Selene, specifically...their past actions aren't relevant to Magneto's statement as they predate civilisation by millennia, in terms of when they were at the height of their powers. As it pertains to "modern day"civilsation and history, humans still hold the "record" for killing as enslaving other humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    And didn't Cyclops take land forcefully when he created the Utopia island. Or did he receive blessing from the mayor of San Francisco or some other politician like her.
    Utopia was built on the old Asteroid M base that the X-Men brought to the surface in the first place.

Some people clearly don't know their X-History as well as they should.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Utopia was built on the old Asteroid M base that the X-Men brought to the surface in the first place.
    Well nevermind about Cyclops and Utopia then. I hate being constantly wrong when I post .

I hope that I am at least right about Magneto taking Genosha.

And didn't Magneto take over some small South American country during the 60's run of X-Men? or am I wrong about that also ?

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post

I hope that I am at least right about Magneto taking Genosha.

And didn't Magneto take over some small South American country during the 60's run of X-Men? or am I wrong about that also ?
    I think he also tried to blow it up when the X-Men deposed him.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I think he also tried to blow it up when the X-Men deposed him.
    Hey great. Does that mean that I am right about either Genosha or the South American country ? It would feel good to be right.