Page 30 of 434 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I found it interesting that Jordan White said it was early in his return to the X-Office that he knew of Hickman coming in. So my hope is that they really sat down and ironed this thing out since they had about a year to do so.
    We'll see.
    I'm not much of a fan of JDW's editorial decisions so far...so...I do hope there'll be good middle ground from both he and HiX-Man and things don't get screwey, in a bad way.
    Hawk-like editorial may work with less experienced writers but with a seasoned writer like HiX-Man...I don't know.
    I just hope he's the type of editor who knows when to step back and let the magic happen naturally and not try to force it.

Quote Originally Posted by Striderblack01 View Post
    I'm rolling my eyes at X-men fans rooting for a mass exodus of the mutant species.

It’s insulting and doesn’t make sense on any level.

First, the species are intertwined – mutants need humans to survive.
    An evacuation of Earth would severely damage the mutant race’s ability to propagate itself. Not to mention it would be tantamount to the X-men abandoning newborn mutant children, left defenseless in a world that would devour them.
    It’s short-sighted, reactionary, and not at all heroic.

The problem is further exacerbated when you apply the mutant metaphor.

“Hey kids, are you gay and being persecuted? Don’t do anything silly like stand up for your rights – that’s exhausting. Just throw your hands up, exile yourself somewhere, and wait for things to magically get better. Because who cares, am I right? Here’s some space monsters to pass the time! Excelsior!”

As a Latino in the US, hell, as a human being, that message does me no good. There’s nowhere to go - prejudice exists everywhere. If I were to leave, the only thing that would change would be the language people used while proclaiming their inherent superiority to others.

I understand why people want mutants to leave Earth.

For a long time, the writing X-franchise has been terribly lackluster. Its building of the status quo has been abysmal – mutants are hated, now they’re going extinct, now they’re back, now they’re loved, now they’re hated worse than ever before. It’s disorienting.
    It’s handling of the struggle has largely been superficial, often only barely managing to pay lip service but never really digging any deeper.
    And it’s terribly obsessed with genocide, often not even making a good commentary about it. It’s treated as just another summer event - another evil mutant or bigot or whomever doing whatever because it’s that time of the year.

We’re so sick of it that some of us would gladly abandon the entire premise of the line just to get away from extinction events and get different stories.

But I don’t want the X-men to be the Inhumans.
    I want the X-men to be what they’ve always been:

Champions of equality and acceptance. Defenders of a world that hates and fears them.

And, wouldn’t you know it, you can’t do any of that by abandoning Earth.

So, now knowing my feelings on the subject a little better, I’ll ask you this:
    Why should I be reading X-men comics right now?
    What’s changed? What groundbreaking stories have I missed?
    Hot Claws? Jean’s back? Scott lost an eye?
    Yes to errrrrything in this Post

-Double post
    Last edited by CoCoBandz; 05-04-2019 at 12:55 PM.

Who's to say that Mutants can't operate from Earth and a safe home world ? It's not like it would be their first space adventures. Help mutants struggling to fit in on earth and give them the choice of choosing a safe home world and staying on Earth.

Mutants were meant to be the next step in human evolution not victims stuck on earth fighting hateful cro-magnons for the rest of their lives.

After all these years it's a SHAME that their isn't more to the X-Men and mutants as a whole than Xavier's dream. The metaphor will always be there, but there also needs to be some practicality in the universe itself.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Who's to say that Mutants can't operate from Earth and a safe home world ?

Mutants were meant to be the next step in human evolution not victims stuck on earth fighting hateful cro-magnons for the rest of their lives.
    is it evolution if you leave the domain that produced the conditions of said evolution

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    is it evolution if you leave the domain that produced the conditions of said evolution
    It's not abandoning, but expanding.

Mutant's should be able to go anywhere they want with how powerful some of them are. I'm not saying they leave and never come back, but leave and be more than just flatscan punching bags clinging to dream of complete coexistence. The X-Men specifically can work as heroes from Earth and whenever else they choose.

Incredible Member

Yes like fish moving to the land.

mutants should move to hell wait **** they wasted that on exm nevermind
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

Just copy hero academia and stop treating characters created after 1990 like crap

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    It's not abandoning, but expanding.

Mutant's should be able to go anywhere they want with how powerful some of them are. I'm not saying they leave and never come back, but leave and be more than just flatscan punching bags clinging to dream of complete coexistence.
    definitely feel ya in this

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    Yes like fish moving to the land.
    lol
    buuut there are still fish in the water
    Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Just copy hero academia and stop treating characters created after 1990 like crap
    lol Yas
    Who's gonna be Yuga Aoyama? aka Can't Stop Twinkling

Astonishing Member

definitely feel ya in this

lol
    buuut there are still fish in the water
    lol Yas
    Who's gonna be Yuga Aoyama? aka Can't Stop Twinkling
    Bling or elixir because there shiney. Also windancer would be nejire, because shes based off her. X-23 is sane Toga.
    And we can't forget everyone favorite idol loving bromance tumblr_inline_ojvquyZ4LZ1qho7hc_540.jpg
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 05-04-2019 at 03:36 PM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Bling or elixir because there shiney. Also windancer would be nejire, because shes based off her. X-23 is sane Toga.
    And we can't forget everyone favorite idol loving bromance tumblr_inline_ojvquyZ4LZ1qho7hc_540.jpg
    This is beautiful, where is this from?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    This is beautiful, where is this from?
    My hero academia: vigilantes. There rivalry ends when they become glow stick swinging idol fanboys. Like Logan and Scott's will. Jube Namimaru is the Logan look alike and Ichimoku Samazu is the cyclops lookalike.

It's a my hero academia spinoff, if you wonder what new xmen vol 3 in a world that didn't treat them like crap looked like this is for you
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 05-04-2019 at 04:48 PM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

My hero academia: vigilantes. There rivalry ends when they become glow stick swinging idol fanboys. Like Logan and Scott's will. Jube Namimaru is the Logan look alike and Ichimoku Samazu is the cyclops lookalike.

It's a my hero academia spinoff, if you wonder what new xmen vol 3 in a world that didn't treat them like crap looked like this is for you
    Thank you.

I bet there is more people reading this book than x-men