Page 300 of 434 FirstFirst ... 200250290296297298299300301302303304310350400 ... LastLast
Results 4,486 to 4,500 of 6499

It's funny that people keep coming in saying "I think that this isn't 616, Life 11 is going to be 616!", as if there aren't dozens of people who have been saying that already.

I appreciated that the latest one had a character arc with a dramatic sacrifice at the end, anyway!

Still don’t see what the point would be of closely modeling the life 10 timeline on 616 history and filling out all this new mythology with Krakoa and Orchis etc, just to then go into the REAL 616 with its basically identical history and (as we’ve seen in all the DOX previews) also its own Krakoa. Just to.. correct some characterizations some people didn’t like?

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALITY View Post
    In what sense would she not be the same Jean who was there in the first issue though, except in the most literal way? And even then, most of the cells in anyone’s body would be different than the ones they had a decade or so ago. If it’s an exact copy of her body and psyche with all her memories carried over, it seems like the only thing missing would be the continuity of her crawling into the cocoon or the pod herself. If I could transfer my complete memories to a new body and be sure that it was exactly the same, I personally don’t think I’d have any existential reservations about whether or not I was still “me” in the new body. But that’s just me — it seems pretty subjective! I’m kind of surprised you would be so quick to say that would invalidate the last 34 years of one of your favorite characters, but if you feel that way then I guess that suggests it would be a pretty contentious move in general.
    I watch Alter Carbon (Which apparently is more relevant now) which deals with a future where you can transfer your consciousness to another body. You never get the feeling that person who has changed bodies is a new person.I don't see why someone would view them as differently people. Lets pretend that over a year Jean replaces every part of her body except her brain with cybernetics wouldn't she be Jean still? The information inside of your brain is who you are and if for some reason you can transfer that to a different body that would still be you.I mean isn't Betsy still Betsy? Whether she was in her original body, Asian Body, or body she created for herself.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

And Kurt’s last body was made up of itty bitty blue demon maggots... ew.

Life 11 is the MCU.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    It's funny that people keep coming in saying "I think that this isn't 616, Life 11 is going to be 616!", as if there aren't dozens of people who have been saying that already.
    I blame Marvel's crappy time travel laws for that.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Better get used to it. This will happen until HOX/POX is over.

I am tired of seeing people bringing up The Maker when that "theory", which was crack in the first place, has already been debunked.

But sadly The Maker & Non-616 theories will keep coming up in every HOX/POX thread on every media platform.

Life and death in Marvel is relative. If they are resurrected by cloning, how is that different from when everyone was resurrected when Reed recreated the universe?

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Life and death in Marvel is relative. If they are resurrected by cloning, how is that different from when everyone was resurrected when Reed recreated the universe?
    Cosmic resurrections preserve your soul while a method of cloning that does the same was only discovered three years ago. It's all about the soul, baby.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Cosmic resurrections preserve your soul while a method of cloning that does the same was only discovered three years ago. It's all about the soul, baby.
    I was going to say that too, the method of cloning Jackal/Ben Reilly preserves the soul. If JACKAL can do that, Mr. Sinister can do it with his eyes closed.

I was going to say that too, the method of cloning Jackal/Ben Reilly preserves the soul. If JACKAL can do that, Mr. Sinister can do it with his eyes closed.
    He may lack the "horny for my student" energy to care like Warren. But that's what Chuck is for!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Yeah, didn’t all the New Mutants get regrown in little sack things after Beyonder nightmarishly murdered all of them?

BANNED

A Nightcrawler evolution cover is a waste of everyone's time.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    He may lack the "horny for my student" energy to care like Warren. But that's what Chuck is for!
    It is brave to assume that Sinister is not horny for cloning Scott.

Again.