Page 320 of 434 FirstFirst ... 220270310316317318319320321322323324330370420 ... LastLast
Results 4,786 to 4,800 of 6499
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Rasputing by Mark Brooks
    70679353_10157905037640715_9053549352093483008_n.jpg

I hope at least she isn't forgotten

So HOUSE OF X #5 is this Wednesday? Does anyone have any idea what it's about? I read that there will be a 24-hour delay in shipping for some retailers; what's this all about? People who ordered this book aren't going to want to wait until Thursday.

I know this is wrong, but I wish the spoiler-dude on Reddit still posted on Mondays.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    So HOUSE OF X #5 is this Wednesday? Does anyone have any idea what it's about? I read that there will be a 24-hour delay in shipping for some retailers; what's this all about? People who ordered this book aren't going to want to wait until Thursday.

I know this is wrong, but I wish the spoiler-dude on Reddit still posted on Mondays.
    The spoiler-dude had his account deleted. Most likely the pod theory is coming true in HoX #5.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post

PAGE 1, 4 PANELS

PANEL 1:

Xavier is on his phone, texting Mister Sinister.

XAVIER (TEXTING): Yo, the X-Men are all dead. Such a bummer... You wanna come over? We got pizza rolls.

PANEL 2:

Magneto bursts into the room, yelling.

MAGNETO (YELLING): YO, CHARLES! I HEARD THE X-MEN WERE ALL DEAD! THAT'S WACK, BRO!

PANEL 3:

We do a close up on Magneto, with a crazed look in his eyes.

MAGNETO: ANYWAY, YOU WANT SOME FUCC?!

PANEL 4:

Xavier, while still wearing his helmet, has a surprised look on his face, mouth agape. There are pizza roll bits around his mouth. He's already eaten like 12 of them. On a crusty plate, three remaining rolls sit. One half-eaten.

NO COPY
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Did ComiXology ever clarify why release time went from around 1am EST to 5am?

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    PAGE 1, 4 PANELS

PANEL 1:

Xavier is on his phone, texting Mister Sinister.

XAVIER (TEXTING): Yo, the X-Men are all dead. Such a bummer... You wanna come over? We got pizza rolls.

PANEL 2:

Magneto bursts into the room, yelling.

MAGNETO (YELLING): YO, CHARLES! I HEARD THE X-MEN WERE ALL DEAD! THAT'S WACK, BRO!

PANEL 3:

We do a close up on Magneto, with a crazed look in his eyes.

MAGNETO: ANYWAY, YOU WANT SOME FUCC?!

PANEL 4:

Xavier, while still wearing his helmet, has a surprised look on his face, mouth agape. There are pizza roll bits around his mouth. He's already eaten like 12 of them. On a crusty plate, three remaining rolls sit. One half-eaten.

NO COPY
    I loved your spoilers, you must be a full on precog able to see the future. Haha, seriously, your spoiler made me laugh, thanks for this.

Ya'll better watch what you say or I'm dropping Endgame spoilers. #FaceTheFuture #FearTheFuture

Spectacular Member

As much as Hickman has said a new reader can read these series tabula rasa, I think I've missed a lot not having been reading X Men much since the end of the Claremont-Paul Smith run (and with Morrison's NXM and Gillen's UXM in between), so I hope y'all can help fill in the blanks for a X-reference thread:

HOX#1
    Krakoa pods apparently look like Phalanx pods -- are these comics good and if so which series/ issues?
    Charles's helmet is the traditional sort of Cerebra design but it also looks like Cassandra's VR-Simulation helmet in Morrison's NXM:

Capture3.jpg

Significance of blue area of the moon? When were the X Men there?
    Ditto Mars?
    Krakoa flower gateway -- I presume we've never seen this power in Krakoa? But the effect does not resemble Magik's portals to Limbo, right? Otherwise one might imagine some connection with Krakoa's twin, banished into the chasm below...
    Incoming mutants: who are Wrench, Sonos Rex and Fauna? Any significant powers?
    I know Banshee and his deep history with Moira, but he's meant to be dead in the latest continuity, right?
    I know Cypher and his Warlock sleeve but who is Sage?
    (The language that Krakoa is speaking uses the "Galactic Base" font used by Unit in Gillen's UXM --and others-- do you guys think that's deliberate?)

Capture Krakoa zones.JPG

Do Zones 3-12 refer to anything in past comics?
    Any theory on Sol's Hammer being renamed the Forge as something to do with the mutant by that name?
    Dr Gregor and Erasmus have appeared sympathetically in the past? Which series/ issues?
    Omega mutant list: Proteus is alive and affiliated with Krakoa? I last saw Moira's son getting killed by Colossus (Claremont's run).
    Ditto Vulcan.

OMG... so many questions from only the 1st issue!

Spectacular Member

POX#1

Has Nimrod or the Sentinels ever merged with the Brood?

Capture nimrod brood.jpg

Just sayin'...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jamesslow View Post
    HOX#1
    Krakoa pods apparently look like Phalanx pods -- are these comics good and if so which series/ issues?
    Not IMO - I never liked Phalanx Covenant, it's just another big dumb 90s event, AFAIC. Opinions vary. But the aesthetic similarity to the Phalanx pods may (or may not be) coincidence, or a fun nod to history.

Significance of blue area of the moon? When were the X Men there?
    The Phoenix killed herself there during the original Dark Phoenix Saga. The blue area of the moon is also the on-off home of the (fucking) Inhumans.

Ditto Mars?
    That I'm new on. I don't know of a significance.

Krakoa flower gateway -- I presume we've never seen this power in Krakoa? But the effect does not resemble Magik's portals to Limbo, right? Otherwise one might imagine some connection with Krakoa's twin, banished into the chasm below...
    Many of us have speculated as of last week that Okkara/Krakoa/Arakko are linked to Limbo, and that Arakko may in fact have become what we now know to be Limbo. I don't believe we've seen portals before, though the sentient and X-Men friendly Kid Krakoa/Krakoa Jr., who made up the landmass of Wolverine's Jean Grey School in the Wolverine and the X-Men books, may have made them and I've forgotten. (I am assuming Kid Krakoa is one part of the current Krakoa island, or that the island is an evolved form thereof.)

Incoming mutants: who are Wrench, Sonos Rex and Fauna? Any significant powers?
    New to me, but I've been an inconsistent reader since AvX and on-off a while before that as well.

I know Banshee and his deep history with Moira, but he's meant to be dead in the latest continuity, right?
    He was dead. Now he's not. We may soon find out why.

I know Cypher and his Warlock sleeve but who is Sage?
    Sage is Tessa, Sebastian Shaw's long-standing right hand at the Hellfire Club dating back to the Phoenix Saga, years later revealed to be a deep cover spy for Xavier planted decades ago. In the early 2000s, when Claremont returned to the books, she became an active X-Man. Sage has a 'computer brain' with superhuman mental processing capabilities.

(The language that Krakoa is speaking uses the "Galactic Base" font used by Unit in Gillen's UXM --and others-- do you guys think that's deliberate?)
    Probably.

Do Zones 3-12 refer to anything in past comics?
    Not that I know of.

Any theory on Sol's Hammer being renamed the Forge as something to do with the mutant by that name?
    Doubtful. They were building the Mother Mold there, which is likely the reason for the name.

Dr Gregor and Erasmus have appeared sympathetically in the past? Which series/ issues?
    Nope. Their first appearances that I know of are here. They were sympathetic, until they weren't.

Omega mutant list: Proteus is alive and affiliated with Krakoa? I last saw Moira's son getting killed by Colossus (Claremont's run).
    Ditto Vulcan.
    They weren't. Now they are. (See Banshee)

On the potential significance of Mars...

- Ex Nihilo terraformed Mars during Hickman's Avengers/New Avengers run.

- It also seems like the Phallanx may have launched an attack on Mars prior to where Marvel's "2099" universe begins. Not entirely certain about that one, though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    On the potential significance of Mars...

- Ex Nihilo terraformed Mars during Hickman's Avengers/New Avengers run.
    Ooh, good catch. I forgot that.

Thinking back on it...

Abyss seemed to have a role in doing it as well. Maybe one of those Alephs?

There were plenty of moving parts in that run.

BANNED

I am in the process of just now re-reading that run, so I'm not great on details atm.

Killraven is a mutant.