Page 325 of 434 FirstFirst ... 225275315321322323324325326327328329335375425 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,875 of 6499

Red Flags everywhere!

But it was a great and interesting issue.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    This book didn quite hit since the twist was obvious and figured out weeks ago
    Twist was 5% of the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    You think so? I mean, I knew something kind of similar would happen, but not in the way they've done.
    No not the exact details but close enough. I’m ready for these minis to be over

Quote Originally Posted by maninthemacintosh1606 View Post
    In House of X #03 on the last page it states that Krakoan was created to be mutantdom's first autochthonous language so it is imprinted in the mind of mutants when they arrive on Krakoa, but it clarifies that this is not the native language of Krakoa. If it isn't the native language of the island and it is a manufactured language by and for those colonising the island, surely it isn't an autochthonous language then? Wouldn't the untranslatable language of Krakoa be the autochthonous language (Cypher being the only one who can comprehend it)? ZERO STARS!

Just joking
    Put a sock in it, Kid Dictionary.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Twist was 5% of the whole thing.
    Agreed. We all saw the "Pod People" thing coming... but I think Hickman has put enough failsafes in here to give us plenty of pause. They may very well not be clones, but there is plenty suspicious activity and weirdness to know that this will be going pear shaped in 6 months.

The denouncement of "twists" is such a weird thing that feels like it only cropped up within the last decade or so. I feel like if you can see it coming then kudos for you, but that's also a marker that it's not an out of the blue change, a twist for twist's sake. We could all kind of guess we'd be getting something weird from the first panels showing the pod room but the "hows" couldn't possibly be found out.

Astonishing Member

my biggest complain about this is more mutants should be against
    I think Emma under normal circumstances would be against, but this has resurrected 2 of her daughters, and could/will probably resurrect the Hellions. so, they got her in.

BANNED

I don't know why Emma would ever be against this. She was with Scott every step of the way for revolutions smaller (and bigger) in scale than this, and following his death became unstable and committed to even more wild schemes that she felt would uplift mutantkind at any cost.

I really can't see much of a reason for any mutants to be against this. Were there mutants rallying against Genosha or Utopia? This isn't like a little tiff between mutants with different ideologies. It's a massive operation to guarantee the survival of mutantkind. We're looking at this from the outside perspective as readers, reading shady things into Xavier's motives but when you look at the long list of junk they've been through since the franchise began is it really such a bad thing that they're trying to build an homeland and ensure no more senseless slaughter that none of earth's other heroes ever cared to prevent?

Quote Originally Posted by Proto View Post
    I really can't see much of a reason for any mutants to be against this. Were there mutants rallying against Genosha or Utopia? This isn't like a little tiff between mutants with different ideologies. It's a massive operation to guarantee the survival of mutantkind. We're looking at this from the outside perspective as readers, reading shady things into Xavier's motives but when you look at the long list of junk they've been through since the franchise began is it really such a bad thing that they're trying to build an homeland and ensure no more senseless slaughter that none of earth's other heroes ever cared to prevent?
    For the first time in their history the mutants are starting to understand what a feeling of nationalist pride would look like. They are becoming politically strong enough to be considered an actual world super power nation, and they have treaties with over 80% of the countries of the world. So for us looking on the outside what we are seeing is the ascendancy of a nation and a rise of that nation's identity as a society.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    This book didn quite hit since the twist was obvious and figured out weeks ago
    Well...that is the main drawback of hundreds of readers speculating about every panel on every page of every issue all over the various social media sites since HoX 01.
    Nothing is going to be a HUGE surprise, not really. At least nothing that was already fore-shadowed, in-panel.
    The only true, totally gigantic-eyes-wide-jaws-dropped revelation/surprise of Hox and PoX (so far) was Moira - the Reincarnating Mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    For the first time in their history the mutants are starting to understand what a feeling of nationalist pride would look like. They are becoming politically strong enough to be considered an actual world super power nation, and they have treaties with over 80% of the countries of the world. So for us looking on the outside what we are seeing is the ascendancy of a nation and a rise of that nation's identity as a society.
    I totally agree with that. And for the first time we're being introduced to a real mutant culture that's only really been talked about in the books and never shown. It's different and weird but it's evolving a franchise that has been stagnated for at least a decade. We already know from solicits that they'll still be fighting for a world that hates and fears them but they'll also finally get a chance to be mutantkind instead of just mutants.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Proto View Post
    Exactatiously!
    The only ones who would be against this are the hateful/fear-mongering humans who feel 'threatened' by the appearance of the 'other'...and really, as in the real world, that's their personal, individual problem to address and deal with, once they stay in their lane.
    Unfortunately, stupid humans fueled by greed and idiocy can't seem to understand that...thus conflict/war/genocide etc...again, very much like our real world.
    Of course, certain mutant factions/criminal elements would go against this new mutant society Rule of Law (as within every society) but that's why they established their own court/justice system...to personally deal with that sort of villainy.

I know people have been debating whether or not the clones have souls... for what it's worth, we can see in the example of Layla Miller what resurrection without a soul looks like, and this doesn't seem to be like her resurrections.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I don't know why Emma would ever be against this. She was with Scott every step of the way for revolutions smaller (and bigger) in scale than this, and following his death became unstable and committed to even more wild schemes that she felt would uplift mutantkind at any cost.
    Just a reminder, her plan involved brainwashing a teenager with the intent to rape him later. And the brain surgery...

Happy her hair grew back!
    Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I know people have been debating whether or not the clones have souls... for what it's worth, we can see in the example of Layla Miller what resurrection without a soul looks like, and this doesn't seem to be like her resurrections.
    Seems too soon to tell, but at the same time, just because they have souls doesn't mean they have the right souls from the characters.