Page 33 of 434 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Hm, please elaborate further. Or anyone with more insight on these matters related to animation and Marvel or Western comic companies in general. What I mean is why don't comic-books adopt manga/anime formats?

The only thing I can think is market, and sustainability, but again I'm unfamiliar with these sorts of matters.
    Mangaka work 16 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Hm, please elaborate further. Or anyone with more insight on these matters related to animation and Marvel or Western comic companies in general. What I mean is why don't comic-books adopt manga/anime formats?

The only thing I can think is market, and sustainability, but again I'm unfamiliar with these sorts of matters.
    Several reasion first mangaka are only considered people about 10 hours a week. The rest their a machine being forced to make manga or die. Next manga is mainly consumed via volums of jump which are a collection of several weekly or monthly manga, and a scricption service. And individual series are collected in to tonkabonds(trade paper backs) ever 20 chapters or so. And lastly manga is primarily black and white dont by the mangaka or a artist aid (for one punch man ONE makes the story but the art is murata) so colorist letters and inkers aren't needed. Following that a manga series will always have the same creative team if you read one piece chapter 1 and soon 1000 will be made by ODA with the exception that others can write storys in the same universe even continue past the point of ending if the original creator supervises it. In xmen terms clarmone would be the editor of every xmen story untill he retires.

As for why the market is bigger, manga is aggressively marketed and has a low barrier to entry. Go to a 7/11 in Japan and you can pick up the most recent volume of jump. You have anime adapting past stories, keeping the material relivent. And has been mainstream in Japan far longer then comics have ever been here. Marvel could do this level of marketing the dont and never will because there too over reliant on the classics. Shonen jump knows one piece( a series that makes more then starwars) will end, they can have spinoff but they want others work to fill the place when it happens so they try to push as many as far as they can. Marvel take can be best summarized as "we can push a character to the point they could eclipse a classic" so they crippled them selves to the point that it there so scard of not having a safety net they can't push new ideas in fear of loosing the old. if you say "I have the idea for a character so amazing it could make Logan irrelvent" the won't risk losing him even if they idea would be better. While manga will hear you out, give you pointers to see if it could work.

https://mobile.twitter.com/danslott/...08423026782210

Is there such thing as too much hype? Didn’t Bendis say that he got a standing ovation for Civil War II?

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

Is there such thing as too much hype? Didn’t Bendis say that he got a standing ovation for Civil War II?
    This is X-Men. Cyclops could get a job at McDonalds and fall in love with Ronald, and that would be the legendary plan that we'll talk about for years.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Hard to say, they certainly do try at least.

Did Morrison's run also get similar pre-hype before it started? But likely not enough social media at the time to compare.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    This is X-Men. Cyclops could get a job at McDonalds and fall in love with Ronald, and that would be the legendary plan that we'll talk about for years.
    This. Marvel is good at over-hyping. The status quo resets already have me skeptical & less-than optimistic.

Another love triangle with Scott remarrying Jean for a few years, then cheating with Emma again, but getting her pregnant this time around could be what we get. lol

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

This is actually worrisome. I have liked some of Hickman's work but i don't think it is going to be second coming of Claremont.

https://twitter.com/cbcebulski/statu...710599169?s=21

we need some food

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    Hard to say, they certainly do try at least.

Did Morrison's run also get similar pre-hype before it started? But likely not enough social media at the time to compare.
    I doubt it. Hyping something up to be a classic before it’s even come out is uhhhhhh necessary from a business POV but I always think it ends in disappointment. But this is Hickman and I’m just hungry for announcements.

To be rather fair, writers like Cates and Slott have no motivation to just shill random product, and even editors don't have much of a reason to tweet about random things they're not involved with, so if they're giving things the succ, it's cuz they like the milk.

Marvel is dropping another Pull List video announcing new books today, get your bibs, kids.

Jeremy Whitley said that his book is getting announced today on the Pull List, so that makes me think we’re getting another video that’s gonna announce a new book or two and maybe new art for Hickman’s stuff.

Marvel is dropping another Pull List video announcing new books today, get your bibs, kids.
    and i oop-

dont panic

ajjaisdjaidjaospjdiasfijdpasjfpsdjgpjsd

Another? Where was the previous one?

BANNED

I hope it's the Duggan/Lolli Emma Frost book.