Page 331 of 434 FirstFirst ... 231281321327328329330331332333334335341381431 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,965 of 6499
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

...Since we are just tossing out Cassie/Moira theories, I guess?
    It wouldn't be the most crazy speculation to come out of HoX/PoX to date.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 09-23-2019 at 09:15 AM.

Amazing Member

I'm fairly sure that we will not get an answer to most of these mysteries by the end of Hox/Pox. We may learn who "Xavier" is or where Moira has been but I think Hickman will be playing the long game and leave unresolved the true nature of the Krakoa era of the Xmen. Accept it. THIS IS IT. Oddly acting, anachronistic X-men based on an mutant island nation-state with the power of resurrection with an enigmatic Prof X as leader.

Hickman is leaving the NEXT creative team an escape value either in the form of Moira's 11th life or a reveal that the "real" Xmen are still out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Wouldn't that damage it?

But it still looked to me more like it was a toss.

Seriously, how does Magneto use credit cards?
    Magnetism is like Magic in the Marvel Universe. It can do a LOT of things that magnetism probably shouldn't be able to accomplish. haha

Mighty Member

A big thing I want an explanation for is the Moira dressed in Bastion's outfit.

That feels like it has a lot of weight to it, especially with all the X-men crumpled at her feet.

“if mutants are abandoning the standards of our human-normative culture in order to cultivate their own distinct society, than that means shedding the existing social constructs surrounding sexuality and gender soooooooo”

I’m here for this

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    “if mutants are abandoning the standards of our human-normative culture in order to cultivate their own distinct society, than that means shedding the existing social constructs surrounding sexuality and gender soooooooo”

I’m here for this
    Aren't the concepts of gender fluidity and LGBTQ still prevalent within many humans though? Our gender fluid subcultures are still human cultures. What could mutants go for?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emesem View Post
    I'm fairly sure that we will not get an answer to most of these mysteries by the end of Hox/Pox. We may learn who "Xavier" is or where Moira has been but I think Hickman will be playing the long game and leave unresolved the true nature of the Krakoa era of the Xmen. Accept it. THIS IS IT. Oddly acting, anachronistic X-men based on an mutant island nation-state with the power of resurrection with an enigmatic Prof X as leader.

Hickman is leaving the NEXT creative team an escape value either in the form of Moira's 11th life or a reveal that the "real" Xmen are still out there.
    Since he is the 'Director" for the entire line of X-books going forward, for the foreseeable future, (and going by the sales/interest over HoX/PoX, that might be a very long time) I don't see him necessarily planning an "escape route" just yet.
    Sure, certain sub plots would be held over to address in his X-Men but I think he will resolve the major plot...ie. Moira's part in all this and her missing L6, and the solid establishment of Krakoa as a fully recognised Mutant Country...as set up for DoX going forward.

Other than that, the appearance of Sinister is almost sure to put a wrench into these plans...as I expect he will certainly not want to play by Xavier's rules and regulations and may very well be the voice of contention and inevitable defection/rejection of a few villains.

Quote Originally Posted by The Thunderbird View Post
    Aren't the concepts of gender fluidity and LGBTQ still prevalent within many humans though? Our gender fluid subcultures are still human cultures. What could mutants go for?
    Really you think its prevalent? hmm ok well that's an interesting perspective.

I’m all for mutants going for things no human has thought of, but besides that, this feels like such an unhelpfully pedantic semantic distinction which I keep seeing when the subject of mutant culture vs. human culture comes up. I think it’s enough if (hypothetically) 90% of mutants are accepting and open to concepts that 90% of humans still treat as deviant and push to the fringes of culture. That kind of large scale change would be hugely positive and absolutely a major part of the “mutant culture” conversation; to say it can’t be just because it exists within human culture would be missing the point.

Mighty Member

The idea of a culture adjacent from humanity is so foreign as to be untenable by any writer. Everything in HoX/POX still has basis and raitonality. There are cultures and ideologies that it pulls from. It's very much still human at its core.

And if it wasn't we wouldn't be able to critique or give an opinion of it, cause we'd have no frame of reference.

Here is another question I'd like to throw out. IF a depowered mutant is brought back by the Five. So far with the info we were given its saying that they will not be repowered. Or thats what we're assuming BUT if we have an OMEGA level reality warper AND OMEGA level biokinetic. Why wouldn't they be able to be repowered?

Fantastic Member

I'm interested to see how Moira's mutant power works in conjunction with this revival method.... they could put someone else's mind into a moira body....allowing them to reset time on their birth. The simple idea of having various moira versions that you could use to 'save state' or reset to. Given that these were the two red issue topics (Moira's mutant power and Krakoa/The Five reviving mutants), I expect they will be combined in the last red issue we have left.

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALITY View Post
    I’m all for mutants going for things no human has thought of, but besides that, this feels like such an unhelpfully pedantic semantic distinction which I keep seeing when the subject of mutant culture vs. human culture comes up. I think it’s enough if (hypothetically) 90% of mutants are accepting and open to concepts that 90% of humans still treat as deviant and push to the fringes of culture. That kind of large scale change would be hugely positive and absolutely a major part of the “mutant culture” conversation; to say it can’t be just because it exists within human culture would be missing the point.
    Yeah, maybe something like that would work. But reveling in taboos would be a challenging task to write sympathetically. Hickman seems like a good writer so maybe he could pull it off. I would think that an inhuman culture could turn to the animal kingdom for ideas rather than a human culture or subculture. They could also maybe base their culture on new concepts associated with them. Maybe mutants with a healing factor can be used as a main food source. Between healing and resurrections I think that a concept such as "edible friend" can pop up.

Yeah, maybe something like that would work. But reveling in taboos would be a challenging task to write sympathetically. Hickman seems like a good writer so maybe he could pull it off. I would think that an inhuman culture could turn to the animal kingdom for ideas rather than a human culture or subculture. They could also maybe base their culture on new concepts associated with them. Maybe mutants with a healing factor can be used as a main food source. Between healing and resurrections I think that a concept such as "edible friend" can pop up.
    I don’t think it would be ‘reveling in taboos’ so much as not having stupid taboos. It’s funny that your response to me basically describing widespread lgbtqia acceptance is ‘hmm it would be hard to write that sympathetically, I’m thinking more along the lines of cannibalism, but we call it Edible Friends’ I’ll assume I just wasn’t clear enough what I had in mind in the post you were responding to though. And I agree that thinking outside the box for renewable/green/ethical food supplies would definitely be cool to see in some form!

What was the Krakoan sentence for Wednesday's issue?