Page 332 of 434 FirstFirst ... 232282322328329330331332333334335336342382432 ... LastLast
Results 4,966 to 4,980 of 6499
    Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALITY View Post
    I don’t think it would be ‘reveling in taboos’ so much as not having stupid taboos. It’s funny that your response to me basically describing widespread lgbtqia acceptance is ‘hmm it would be hard to write that sympathetically, I’m thinking more along the lines of cannibalism, but we call it Edible Friends’ I’ll assume I just wasn’t clear enough what I had in mind in the post you were responding to though. And I agree that thinking outside the box for renewable/green/ethical food supplies would definitely be cool to see in some form!
    I apologize if anything I said could have been offensive.

EDIT: On another note, maybe embracing taboo does not have to be a way for mutants to distinguish themselves from humanity. I remember when Grant Morrison described Jean Grey as "tries so hard to be good she forgets to be human". So maybe in the Krakoan era, Jean can revel in this goodness even farther than before. I would love it if there were some mutants who want to distinguish themselves by trying to get rid of their worst aspects of humanity such as greed and tribalism and be Superman style beacons of inspiration. I wasn't thinking with an open mind on how to be apart from human so I think that superhuman morality would be a great way to transcend humans and be sympathetic at the same time. Some mutants with novel mannerisms would be cool though.
    Last edited by The Thunderbird; 09-23-2019 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    The idea of a culture adjacent from humanity is so foreign as to be untenable by any writer. Everything in HoX/POX still has basis and raitonality. There are cultures and ideologies that it pulls from. It's very much still human at its core.

And if it wasn't we wouldn't be able to critique or give an opinion of it, cause we'd have no frame of reference.

I mean, I think that’s *why* I don’t see the rhetorical value in the resistance to the Mutant Culture and Human Culture labels. Sure, technically it all has basis in human culture, or it would be too outside our frame of reference to discuss. But to say we should only call it all human culture is to emphasize literal accuracy over all other linguistic value.

Within X-Men stories, and especially when we talk about X-Men stories, I think it’s pretty intuitive to most people how we use mutants to address human stuff. I don’t see the point of imposing the language of the real world, where superpowered mutants don’t exist, to X-Men stories, where the mutant/human divide is the biggest element of the fantasy conceit. Of course it’s never going to entirely leave the context of humanity; these new stories are just encouraging us to think bolder in what we can imagine for ourselves.

With references to Inferno, Maddie and Limbo in the latest comics ... Do you think Hickman may be preparing as the mutant event in 2020 a Inferno II (Now doesn't sucks)?

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I really wanna know this too. Was Bloodstorm's DNA backed up? And what about all the mutants who came over from the 616? Mach Two, Blackheath, Guardian etc.?
    If Xavier doesn't bring back Shard Bishop, old man Cable, Bloodstorm and the New Marauders then imma call shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    With references to Inferno, Maddie and Limbo in the latest comics ... Do you think Hickman may be preparing as the mutant event in 2020 a Inferno II (Now doesn't sucks)?
    oh my god
    oh my god
    oh my god
    oh
    my god

he can call it

IINFERNO

omfg
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    “if mutants are abandoning the standards of our human-normative culture in order to cultivate their own distinct society, than that means shedding the existing social constructs surrounding sexuality and gender soooooooo”

I’m here for this
    Didn’t Hickman say something in an interview hinting at polyamorous relationships at one point, or is that just a theory that someone came up with on here?

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    If Xavier doesn't bring back Shard Bishop, old man Cable, Bloodstorm and the New Marauders then imma call shenanigans
    Can’t bring back Cable because the young one is still running around. And Bloodstorm is Storm, albeit from another dimension, so that would seem to be against the rule of no duplicates.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Didn’t Hickman say something in an interview hinting at polyamorous relationships at one point, or is that just a theory that someone came up with on here?
    I know he said he wants to do his take on mutant sexuality, but if he’s ever said polyamory specifically I’m not aware of it. I first saw polyamory come up on this board re: the Sinister clue that suggested a married couple both having affairs and possibly both being cool with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    It definitely seems like Hickman has plans for those concepts, but there are just so many things suggested in HOX/POX that feel like they could be the basis for huge stories, it’s hard to say which they’ll even get to in 2020. Also possible that once the Limbo stuff comes around, it won’t be the whole basis of an event like in Inferno, but just one element of a larger puzzle.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    yessss to Shard, OG Cable & Bloodstorm. New Marauders I just want the non-duplicate characters.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

There are some vague spoilers on Reddit already for PoX 5. As usual, don't spoil publicly or you'll get banned.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    or you'll get banned.

Too look or to wait. That is the question.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post

Too look or to wait. That is the question.
    Just don't ask me to send them because I'll probably forget haha
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

The Poster FKA Firebaton ThomBoleyn's Avatar

Has anyone figured out how the Astonishing annual fits in? I think it’s a piece to the puzzle I just don’t know how
    I don't post often, but I like to chime in now and again.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomBoleyn View Post
    Has anyone figured out how the Astonishing annual fits in? I think it’s a piece to the puzzle I just don’t know how
    It doesnt 10char