Page 335 of 434 FirstFirst ... 235285325331332333334335336337338339345385 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,025 of 6499
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Hickman, Snoop, and Triniking should all be locked up in solitary confinement.
    lol

100char

fsasf.jpg
    "Cable was right!"

Spectacular Member

Default k

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    I just want to know more about the summers family
    New Summers Theory

Stryfe took Apocalpse back to Acient Egypt to corrupt him

If Apocalpse is the 1st Summers Brothers then by proxy Blink , Clan Akkaba and Chamber would be apart of The Summers Family.

So thats how we get more Summers relatives plus I'm sure Adam-X is still there half brother but he wouldn't be a Summers brother.

So If were going with initial plotlines here would be The New Summers Family

Corsair + Female Mutant > Apocalpse > Blink , Clan Akkaba and Chamber

Corsair + Kat Summers > Cyclops , Havok and Vulcan > Cable/Wi-Fi and Prestige

D'Ken + Kat Summers > Adam-X
    Last edited by Npresh24; 09-24-2019 at 09:45 AM.

Hickman and Trini watching me show Kevin Ferrari the key to saving this franchise from the depths of despair.

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Yog View Post
    I just wanted to swing by and say how absolutely delighted I have been with these twin series. This is easily the best X-Men since House of M & "No More Mutants", if not even further back.

Love it. Excited to see what comes next.
    Welcome to the posting world, Yog. Hope you survive the ex... kidding! Glad to hear you're enjoying the run and thanks for the contribution of theories.

Good one, Hickman. I have personally been waiting to see Betsy but I shall be patient.

EDIT: And I would loooooooove to see Synch!
    Last edited by JB; 09-24-2019 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Npresh24 View Post
    New Summers Theory

Stryfe took Apocalpse back to Acient Egypt to corrupt him

If Apocalpse is the 1st Summers Brothers then by proxy Blink , Clan Akkaba and Chamber would be apart of The Summers Family.

So thats how we get more Summers relatives plus I'm sure Adam-X is still there half brother but he wouldn't be a Summers brother.

So If were going with initial plotlines here would be The New Summers Family

Corsair + Female Mutant > Apocalpse > Blink , Clan Akkaba and Chamber

Corsair + Kat Summers > Cyclops , Havok and Vulcan > Cable/Wi-Fi and Prestige

D'Ken + Kat Summers > Adam-X
    Omg I made this thoery and thread years ago and got a lot of heat on the boards from it but it is similar to your theory

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...oot-version2-)

Apocalypse
    Main article: Apocalypse (comics)
    During his run on Cable, author Robert Weinberg planned for Apocalypse to have been the third Summers brother all along, but Weinberg left the book before he could go along with his plan.[6] Rather than an entirely different origin, Weinberg's idea functions as a prelude to the Rise of Apocalypse story. Following the concept of predestination paradox, Christopher Summers, married with Katherine Anne, had a love affair with a nameless woman, possibly a mutant, and left her before she discovered that she was pregnant. For reasons unknown, she never informed Summers that she was going to have his son. Shortly after the woman gives birth to a powerful mutant, the boy is taken from her, stolen by a mysterious time-traveling figure from the future, who goes back into the past and abandons the child, who knew neither his father nor mother, on the desert of Egypt. He was called "The First One" (because the baby was the first Summers child), or as he became known in the language of those who found and raised him, En Sabah Nur, the mutant to be known as Apocalypse. Moreover, while posing as a God during his lifetime, Apocalypse had fathered children, who, in turn had children, until one of his descendants could have been in London at the time of The Further Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix. As such, it would be possible that the X-gene that developed in the Summers family also came from Apocalypse (making him Cable's uncle).
    Weinberg disliked Apocalypse as being the first mutant, stating:
    “ Surely no one reading Marvel Comics ever believed that Apocalypse was the first mutant? He may have been one of the first powerful mutants, but the first one? Never. Evolution is based on the theory of survival of the fittest. Modern man is the result of thousands of mutations over a hundred thousand years. Claiming someone in early Egyptian times was the first mutant is not only bad science, it’s just ridiculous.

Did anyone decode the Jean image that Hickman tweeted?
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Spectacular Member

Hickman rewrote the X-Men continuity out of any link with previous continuity and the characters act/speak(generally) out of their past developments. This is the big problem of HoX/PoX! Hickman didn't try to give any explanation about the illogical things we saw. So, that's why so many of us think it's a sort of alternate reality or another Moira's live but it's NOT! This is the new 616/Prime universe!
    Hickman changed many things(established continuities) to fit his own agenda. He has his preference for some characters like Emma who he gave a lot of importance in his story(and you will see it in PoX 5!).
    Now, after seeing spoilers of PoX 5 I can tell he rewrote some X-Men' mytho like Age of Apocalypse, Days of Future Past, etc. That's why I think I know what he would do in the future like he teased a reboot of Inferno and maybe a new Phoenix Saga(that we don't need or deserve).
    It lacks 3 issues before this event end. At this moment, many characters who are teased in the preview(like Blink, Broods, baby Havok) are not seen and I'm pretty sure their appearances will be short and not so important. It was only a bait cover as usual.
    Most important thing I can't forgive him is that he destroyed all good established continuity and years of characters' developments. It looks like the X-Men in body but not heart and soul! Why I said that? This is no LONGER the characters we knew! Not even a bit of them! And this is sad for X-Men' History. There are NO MORE THE X-MEN! As I said it before they are closer to the Inhumans and they are the new enemies of all of other superheroes because they are the NEW SUPER-VILAINS of the Marvel Comics!

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    Did anyone decode the Jean image that Hickman tweeted?
    "Free thigs for a free people"

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Thighs.

10char

I disagree, I think Hickman has a great respect for past continuity. There are callbacks to many past events in X-Men history. In fact I think he will revisit some of the past stories not to reboot them, but to visit story threads that were not completely finished. There may be more to tell about Inferno, where has Madeline been since Arkea resurrected her. Madeline has been very quiet and it's very possible she is still out there, we may even encounter her as either a villain or a hero, it's possible that it could be either.

I don't think they X-Men are being painted as villains, they gathering in all the mutants to Krakoa, which does include the mutant villains, but those villains still have to abide by the laws of Krakoa, they don't just get to act as they choose. We may even find that some of these villains end up just appreciating the fact that they are part of a free nation of mutants now and there is no need to bother the humans anymore. Exodus is a good example, he may just say, I'll defend our nation with every fibre of my being but there is no need for me to attack humans anymore because my purpose is to defend our mutant brothers and sisters and the nation we have created together.

A lot of nations did questionable things when they first formed, a lot of nations even had former criminals in their country who got a fresh start in the new (world) country. I expect some of these villains will cause problems, the thing that will define the nation of Krakoa is how they take care of these internal citizens who cause problems. What form of punishment and reform system will they create under their laws? These are things that we will find out.

Right now they are signing trade agreements world wide to provide the world with much needed medicines, they are not trying to start a war with anyone, all of their moves to this date have been to have the world recognize their statehood and to attain a seat at the United Nations. This means that they also intend to sign on with the Geneva Conventions if they are going to be a member of the United Nations.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Apocalypse
    Main article: Apocalypse (comics)
    During his run on Cable, author Robert Weinberg planned for Apocalypse to have been the third Summers brother all along, but Weinberg left the book before he could go along with his plan.[6] Rather than an entirely different origin, Weinberg's idea functions as a prelude to the Rise of Apocalypse story. Following the concept of predestination paradox, Christopher Summers, married with Katherine Anne, had a love affair with a nameless woman, possibly a mutant, and left her before she discovered that she was pregnant. For reasons unknown, she never informed Summers that she was going to have his son. Shortly after the woman gives birth to a powerful mutant, the boy is taken from her, stolen by a mysterious time-traveling figure from the future, who goes back into the past and abandons the child, who knew neither his father nor mother, on the desert of Egypt. He was called "The First One" (because the baby was the first Summers child), or as he became known in the language of those who found and raised him, En Sabah Nur, the mutant to be known as Apocalypse. Moreover, while posing as a God during his lifetime, Apocalypse had fathered children, who, in turn had children, until one of his descendants could have been in London at the time of The Further Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix. As such, it would be possible that the X-gene that developed in the Summers family also came from Apocalypse (making him Cable's uncle).
    Weinberg disliked Apocalypse as being the first mutant, stating:
    “ Surely no one reading Marvel Comics ever believed that Apocalypse was the first mutant? He may have been one of the first powerful mutants, but the first one? Never. Evolution is based on the theory of survival of the fittest. Modern man is the result of thousands of mutations over a hundred thousand years. Claiming someone in early Egyptian times was the first mutant is not only bad science, it’s just ridiculous.
    Oooh I loved Weinberg's Cable run. Thank you for sparking such fond memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Thank you...
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I don't think they X-Men are being painted as villains, they gathering in all the mutants to Krakoa, which does include the mutant villains, but those villains still have to abide by the laws of Krakoa, they don't just get to act as they choose. We may even find that some of these villains end up just appreciating the fact that they are part of a free nation of mutants now and there is no need to bother the humans anymore. Exodus is a good example, he may just say, I'll defend our nation with every fibre of my being but there is no need for me to attack humans anymore because my purpose is to defend our mutant brothers and sisters and the nation we have created together.

A lot of nations did questionable things when they first formed, a lot of nations even had former criminals in their country who got a fresh start in the new (world) country. I expect some of these villains will cause problems, the thing that will define the nation of Krakoa is how they take care of these internal citizens who cause problems. What form of punishment and reform system will they create under their laws? These are things that we will find out.

Right now they are signing trade agreements world wide to provide the world with much needed medicines, they are not trying to start a war with anyone, all of their moves to this date have been to have the world recognize their statehood and to attain a seat at the United Nations. This means that they also intend to sign on with the Geneva Conventions if they are going to be a member of the United Nations.
    I think some were getting the impression of "the humans have done many awful things to us, so lets do many awful things to them," sort of scenario, and that they'd act out on siding with revenge more than siding with justice.

I suppose it helps the the mutant villains are being kept in check as well, in that they'll feel less of a need to attack the humans, whether it be for defensive purposes or not, so long as they feel decently safe and comfortable. After all, regardless of all the awful things the humans have done to the mutants, I'm sure there's still a limit as to how many awful things the mutants can do back against the humans.

Depending on how it plays out, I'm quite interested in seeing how the mutants will go about governing their own nation filled with other mutants that have all sorts of opinions and views.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post

Depending on how it plays out, I'm quite interested in seeing how the mutants will go about governing their own nation filled with other mutants that have all sorts of opinions and views.
    So far that has been my biggest let down...karakoa feels less like a country and more like Prof X bought an island....

Who elected xavier or magnito? Are there representives or is it a dictatorship