Page 336 of 434 FirstFirst ... 236286326332333334335336337338339340346386 ... LastLast
Results 5,026 to 5,040 of 6499
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Omg I made this theory and thread years ago and got a lot of heat on the boards from it but it is similar to your theory

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...oot-version2-)
    Amazing , sad you got so much heat for what seems to be why Hickman is pushing Apocalypse and I can see the first X-Men space mission being finding Adam-X with him eventually being one or two of the space commanders for either The Moon or Mars base with possibly having Prestige run the other location. Plus adding a female fan favorite and teleporter like Blink to the Summers family is an added bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Oooh I loved Weinberg's Cable run. Thank you for sparking such fond memories.
    Your welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Npresh24 View Post
    Amazing , sad you got so much heat for what seems to be why Hickman is pushing Apocalypse and I can see the first X-Men space mission being finding Adam-X with him eventually being one or two of the space commanders for either The Moon or Mars base with possibly having Prestige run the other location. Plus adding a female fan favorite and teleporter like Blink to the Summers family is an added bonus.
    Thank you so much. I love your theory tho. It would be amazing if even some of that happens

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    So far that has been my biggest let down...karakoa feels less like a country and more like Prof X bought an island....

Who elected xavier or magnito? Are there representives or is it a dictatorship
    It seems Krakoa was indeed Xavier's idea with the help of Magneto since they had Moira's data from early on. I'm sure she had a hand in it as well, if not her idea entirely. So perhaps having them as leaders is fine for most especially as they're promising resurrection.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    It seems Krakoa was indeed Xavier's idea with the help of Magneto since they had Moira's data from early on. I'm sure she had a hand in it as well, if not her idea entirely. So perhaps having them as leaders is fine for most especially as they're promising resurrection.
    Mutants are just biologically opposed to democracy. Even when they established a democratic leadership in Rosenberg's run, they just kept asking what Cyclops wanted to do and then blamed him. That is just their thing.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    So far that has been my biggest let down...karakoa feels less like a country and more like Prof X bought an island....

Who elected xavier or magnito? Are there representives or is it a dictatorship
    Krakoa is in charge and suffers everyone to live there.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Mutants are just biologically opposed to democracy. Even when they established a democratic leadership in Rosenberg's run, they just kept asking what Cyclops wanted to do and then blamed him. That is just their thing.
    If I had any faith in Rosenberg whatsoever, I would think that was a biting commentary on modern Democracy, where people don't want leadership, they want a scapegoat.

OT: I didn't have a lot of faith in Hickman going in, and the full knowledge that this is all just another "Age of Blank" right after another event bothers me. Does anyone actually think any of the Krakoa status quo will be maintained after Hickman inevitably jumps ship?

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    If I had any faith in Rosenberg whatsoever, I would think that was a biting commentary on modern Democracy, where people don't want leadership, they want a scapegoat.

OT: I didn't have a lot of faith in Hickman going in, and the full knowledge that this is all just another "Age of Blank" right after another event bothers me. Does anyone actually think any of the Krakoa status quo will be maintained after Hickman inevitably jumps ship?
    I think they might keep the nation of Krakoa. They can still write about X-teams that decide to leave the nation, but I think this is a good shift for the 616 universe, a nation of mutants is a good change. I was getting tired of there not being any hope at all for the mutants, but now I feel like at least they can have some hope again.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

They kept Utopia after the original writer left. For a time at least.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I think they might keep the nation of Krakoa. They can still write about X-teams that decide to leave the nation, but I think this is a good shift for the 616 universe, a nation of mutants is a good change. I was getting tired of there not being any hope at all for the mutants, but now I feel like at least they can have some hope again.
    There was a nation of mutants, someone killed it. This story even references it.

Also, Utopia was an attempt at a nation. The mutants ended up fighting each other because of it.

Nothing is going to last longer than some writer wants to mess with it for their own story. Or editorial.

I know this circles back to the usual argument in this thread, but segregation as an answer flies in the face of everything the X-Men have stood for for decades. People complained about that for Providence, Genosha 1, Genosha 2, and Utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    There was a nation of mutants, someone killed it. This story even references it.

Also, Utopia was an attempt at a nation. The mutants ended up fighting each other because of it.

Nothing is going to last longer than some writer wants to mess with it for their own story. Or editorial.
    part of the problem with Utopia is they really didn't have the numbers or the political power to maintain it. They were pretty much a protectorate of Atlantis and not really a nation unto themselves.

I think Krakoa is different, they have more people, and they are creating a culture. They have plans for trade. They are signing peace and trade pacts with countries all over the world. They obtained nation state status with the United Nations and now have a seat at the United Nations as a member country. These are big differences. There are a lot of growing pains going forward, but I think this can be a truly inspired direction for mutants for a long time to come.

Extraordinary Member

part of the problem with Utopia is they really didn't have the numbers or the political power to maintain it. They were pretty much a protectorate of Atlantis and not really a nation unto themselves.

I think Krakoa is different, they have more people, and they are creating a culture. They have plans for trade. They are signing peace and trade pacts with countries all over the world. They obtained nation state status with the United Nations and now have a seat at the United Nations as a member country. These are big differences. There are a lot of growing pains going forward, but I think this can be a truly inspired direction for mutants for a long time to come.
    Those are things writers might decide upon for the purpose of distinguishing their stories, I just mean that none of it matters to the next writer.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I know this circles back to the usual argument in this thread, but segregation as an answer flies in the face of everything the X-Men have stood for for decades. People complained about that for Providence, Genosha 1, Genosha 2, and Utopia.
    Like any beginning nation they are consolidating power both political and economic to ensure the safety of their nation. The comparisons to Israel are very apt, telling all the mutants of the world to "come home!" The thing they are doing differently is signing all the treaties. Right now Krakoa has trade agreements with 75% to 80% of the entire planet. That's a huge thing to accomplish in a short time. They have a seat at the United Nations, recognition of their status as a nation.

For the time being they are focused on protecting and defending their people after being persecuted for a very long time. This makes sense, it was only recently that the humans of the world wanted to "cure" or "kill" them out of existence. They are being cautious with the humans of the world but they are still signing trade and peace agreements.

Krakoa will still be around.

As the ground beneath Westchester.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate