Page 337 of 434 FirstFirst ... 237287327333334335336337338339340341347387 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,055 of 6499

I don't know, "integration" is an ambiguous term.

If the mutants have a country that is part of the UN, has diplomatic relations with humans, trade relations and maintains a cordial attitude, it can be said that they are integrated on Earth.

They are not an autarchy. They probably need to import many things from abroad, especially raw materials or technology that Krakoa cannot provide.

Segregation isn't a word I'd use either, I mean can we say the same for Wakanda, Atlantis or Asgard?

This is the mutants realm, they're out mingling with humans all the time, look how well Sabretooth and Emma have gotten on with them.
    So yeah, wouldn't use segregated.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I don't know, "integration" is an ambiguous term.

If the mutants have a country that is part of the UN, has diplomatic relations with humans, trade relations and maintains a cordial attitude, it can be said that they are integrated on Earth.

They are not an autarchy. They probably need to import many things from abroad, especially raw materials or technology that Krakoa cannot provide.
    yeah, there is a reason they have those trade treaties. They will obviously need materials and products from other countries. Even if you have Magneto and Polaris pulling up iron from the ocean floor, you still need to manufacture it into steel. Manufacture to steel requires other components too which means the metal alone isn't enough. I did realize something though, Magneto and Polaris can also pull Gold and Platinum up from the ocean floor which does have some significant value.

They still need to trade for a lot of materials, so having a very valuable pharmaceutical product to sell is going to be very helpful in obtain the goods and supplies they need for their new country.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Segregation isn't a word I'd use either, I mean can we say the same for Wakanda, Atlantis or Asgard?

This is the mutants realm, they're out mingling with humans all the time, look how well Sabretooth and Emma have gotten on with them.
    So yeah, wouldn't use segregated.
    hehe, I love the sarcasm in that comment. Poor Sabretooth he gets blamed for everything. On the other hand I am sure the Russians are pretty pissed off at Emma, but a lot of other countries probably don't mind the pretty politician from Krakoa as much.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    yeah, there is a reason they have those trade treaties. They will obviously need materials and products from other countries. Even if you have Magneto and Polaris pulling up iron from the ocean floor, you still need to manufacture it into steel. Manufacture to steel requires other components too which means the metal alone isn't enough. I did realize something though, Magneto and Polaris can also pull Gold and Platinum up from the ocean floor which does have some significant value.

They still need to trade for a lot of materials, so having a very valuable pharmaceutical product to sell is going to be very helpful in obtain the goods and supplies they need for their new country.
    In Wolverine and the X-Men Krakoa could produce diamonds. We really have no idea what Krakoa's industrial capacity is. There are many things that can easily be produced. Energy? With omegas like Magneto, Storm and Vulcan shouldn't be a problem, besides Beast and Forge inventions. Foods? Krakoa probably produces more than enough.

Now if Apocalypse is generous they have access even to Celestial technology, like the Avengers.

Probably most of what Krakoa import are entertainment products. Like, Cyclops will want to continue watching baseball and Logan hockey. They will want to watch movies. Lie on a sofa and watch Netflix. And non-essential manufactured products. I don't think they have beer distilleries in Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    In Wolverine and the X-Men Krakoa could produce diamonds. We really have no idea what Krakoa's industrial capacity is. There are many things that can easily be produced. Energy? With omegas like Magneto, Storm and Vulcan shouldn't be a problem, besides Beast and Forge inventions. Foods? Krakoa probably produces more than enough.

Now if Apocalypse is generous they have access even to Celestial technology, like the Avengers.

Probably most of what Krakoa import are entertainment products. Like, Cyclops will want to continue watching baseball and Logan hockey. They will want to watch movies. Lie on a sofa and watch Netflix. And non-essential manufactured products. I don't think they have beer distilleries in Krakoa.
    Emma will want wine! That's super important.

BANNED

Watch Xavier discover the bub flower, that creates beautiful habitats full of beer and Logan's most recent biological children.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    part of the problem with Utopia is they really didn't have the numbers or the political power to maintain it. They were pretty much a protectorate of Atlantis and not really a nation unto themselves.

I think Krakoa is different, they have more people, and they are creating a culture. They have plans for trade. They are signing peace and trade pacts with countries all over the world. They obtained nation state status with the United Nations and now have a seat at the United Nations as a member country. These are big differences. There are a lot of growing pains going forward, but I think this can be a truly inspired direction for mutants for a long time to come.
    Exactly. Krakoa's power infrastructure and ethos, along with the Moira factor, make it fundamentally different than anything before. The X-Men are now longer refugees on a tiny rock operating out of survival - they are a growing power with a plan and an ideology, assets and a future timetable.

Correct. Mutantkind has ascended to the big boy's table, and they're gonna still wear their kid's bib just because no one can stop them. Give it a few more years and Charles won't be saying "To me, my X-Men" like a desperate survivor, but "PRESIDENTIAL HARASSMENT!" like a champion on the world stage!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

They're breaking ALL the rules! ALL. THE. RULES! Broken! Shattered. Blammo.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Watch Xavier discover the bub flower, that creates beautiful habitats full of beer and Logan's most recent biological children.
    And he can kill them over and over and over and over

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    They're breaking ALL the rules! ALL. THE. RULES! Broken! Shattered. Blammo.
    Boom! Boom!
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Npresh24 View Post
    New Summers Theory

Stryfe took Apocalpse back to Acient Egypt to corrupt him

If Apocalpse is the 1st Summers Brothers then by proxy Blink , Clan Akkaba and Chamber would be apart of The Summers Family.

So thats how we get more Summers relatives plus I'm sure Adam-X is still there half brother but he wouldn't be a Summers brother.

So If were going with initial plotlines here would be The New Summers Family

Corsair + Female Mutant > Apocalpse > Blink , Clan Akkaba and Chamber

Corsair + Kat Summers > Cyclops , Havok and Vulcan > Cable/Wi-Fi and Prestige

D'Ken + Kat Summers > Adam-X
    I would love for genesis to have a connection and friendship with the summers

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I AM BECOME HICKMAN. HE IS BECOME US. WE AS THE THREE SHALL FREE THE THIGHS FROM HUMAN OPPRESSION. WHILE YOU SLEPT, THE COSTUMES CHANGED. YOU HAVE NEW KINKS NOW.

- Snoop Dogg
    Not gonna lie, when I saw that tweet from Hickman my first thought was to check in here to see if you'd survived.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Not gonna lie, when I saw that tweet from Hickman my first thought was to check in here to see if you'd survived.
    I have a new motto for Krakoa. NUDITY FOREVER!!!