Page 353 of 434 FirstFirst ... 253303343349350351352353354355356357363403 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,295 of 6499

Don't know if someone posted this link earlier, but according to Bleeding Cool, the sales for House of X/Powers of X have remained incredibly strong in comic shops. This is in line with some of my recent experiences trying to get variants at my local shop. For the past five weeks, they've sold out completely and only have several issues left. The guy who runs the shop says that a lot of lapsed X-Men readers have been jumping aboard this book and have been loving it. It shows just how great this story is and how much greater it can potentially be.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

OllieQ

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    We are who we are due to our biology (genetics) and for our minds - which are our memories, personality, etc (which is in our brains). If you have those things then you are still "you" which is what Hickman is saying.
    Suppose you know you’ve already been backed up, and that in the event that you die you will be restored in a clone, where in essence, based on what you said, “you are still ‘you’”. If asked to jump off a building for a greater good, will you still do it?

Since after all, you will still be you?

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Don't know if someone posted this link earlier, but according to Bleeding Cool, the sales for House of X/Powers of X have remained incredibly strong in comic shops. This is in line with some of my recent experiences trying to get variants at my local shop. For the past five weeks, they've sold out completely and only have several issues left. The guy who runs the shop says that a lot of lapsed X-Men readers have been jumping aboard this book and have been loving it. It shows just how great this story is and how much greater it can potentially be.
    Interesting if stable and good HOXPOX sales will have some influence on Dawn of X sales or will just help to sell HiX-Man flagship.

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    Welcome to Krakoa... Practice safe cloning... Babies, infants, toddlers, and or parents of the aforementioned prohibited by law.
    Maybe Nate Grey had some points

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    Personally, I like the premise of "restoring" the mutant population via cloud storage cloning and mutant ingenuity but where does the practise end and mutant pro-creation actually begin? I mean DNA samples kept even under the best of circumstance degrade with time. And, what would be the point of cloning the same batch of beings over and over again? Do Krakoans have the right "not to be cloned" in case of one's death accidental or otherwise?
    The genetic database is not biological, it is IT based. The complete genome of every mutant has been stored on a computer.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I’m back on my Transmode Virus theory BS. I think depowered mutants will be repowered by the end of this. So what if what Moira is doing in X3/Sixth Life will give her information on how the Virus interacts with the X-Gene. It already gave Dani back her powers so what if she found out a way to spread that to all the M-Day victims? It’s mostly the fact that Hickman has said that he wants to be additive to the X-Universe rather than take stuff away and I feel like most of HOXPOX had been set up in order to make as many mutants available as possible.

People underestimated how much it would still slap to this day.
    Ooh nice. Someone remind me to ask Hickman for the next Ask Me Mondays. What his thoughts are on the depowered mutants. And is there any way in this new status quo for them to be repowered.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I’m back on my Transmode Virus theory BS. I think depowered mutants will be repowered by the end of this. So what if what Moira is doing in X3/Sixth Life will give her information on how the Virus interacts with the X-Gene. It already gave Dani back her powers so what if she found out a way to spread that to all the M-Day victims? It’s mostly the fact that Hickman has said that he wants to be additive to the X-Universe rather than take stuff away and I feel like most of HOXPOX had been set up in order to make as many mutants available as possible.

Is depowered mutants even a plot point anymore? I felt like Dani was the last significant character out there that didnt have her powers back and now she does

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Is depowered mutants even a plot point anymore? I felt like Dani was the last significant character out there that didnt have her powers back and now she does
    The data pages specifically talk about them.

Also when did Dani get her powers back?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It’s been viewed as an issue that needs to be solved. I think that although most of the current depowered mutants aren’t really in the spotlight, just for world building sake, it will be eventually get undone.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    She got it back after she was cured from the Transmode Virus she got in New Mutants: Dead Souls. It was suuuuuuper lowkey when it should’ve been much bigger than it was. So far we’ve only seen her using it in Rosencanny.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    The data pages specifically talk about them.

The transmode infection from NM: Dead Souls and Rosenberg's X-men restored her powers.
    "Cable was right!"

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Ooh nice. Someone remind me to ask Hickman for the next Ask Me Mondays. What his thoughts are on the depowered mutants. And is there any way in this new status quo for them to be repowered.
    I mean - I'm going to say that same thing I've said since I started reading comics, Elixir and Proteus and numerous reality warpers and power mimics are RIGHT THERE.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Why are there still de-powered mutants after AvX 12?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    In this new era that’s separating itself from the previous era’s mutant tragedies, that is the last major one that still needs to be reversed that hasn’t. I feel like it has to be undone but I also don’t wanna hype myself up for something that may not happen. Then again....Prodigy was on the “Every Mutant Ever” cover soooooo

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Why are there still de-powered mutants after AvX 12?
    It made no sense that Wanda didn’t think to make new mutants AND reverse her spell. She said “that was enough for one day. be grateful, muties!”

Hope was there too. She let her dad and grandpa down.
    "Cable was right!"

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Somewhere in New York Sofia Mantega is waiting tables at her dead end diner job. A subtle gust of wind blows. She sheds a single tear. There is a news report on Krakoa in the background.

"They have forsaken me..."

She goes on to become a member of the new Friends of Humanity.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey