Page 367 of 434 FirstFirst ... 267317357363364365366367368369370371377417 ... LastLast
Results 5,491 to 5,505 of 6499
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I really hope Nova screws the X-men. I hope Hickman can explore whatever conecction she has/had with Ernst
    I'd rather see them make Nova a heroic Professor X and Charles a villain after HCT and Taylor's Red, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    If Bishop is a captain, shouldn't he technically be leading the Marauders on the field?
    Marauders also has two or three members of the Quiet Council on it, so he'd be a field leader at best.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Red King/Queen trumps Captain?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I mean, Hickman explicitly wrote that that's not the case.

BANNED

If Bishop is a captain, shouldn't he technically be leading the Marauders on the field?
    The Captains are "activated" in the time of war. Not peace time.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    That would be crazy and creepy. It would really change my perception on the characters.
    Despite me being happy for the mutants having a decent chance at living comfortable lives and potentially integrating with the outside world while being met with less hostility, there’s a feeling I can’t shake off of something that still feels... nefariously wrong with how the X-Men are behaving.

If it is not a war situation, no. My theory is that Magik, Bishop and Gorgon have specialized functions. Magik leads missions of mystical nature, Bishop missions of time travelers or other realities and Gorgon missions that involve secret organizations such as The Hand or HYDRA. Cyclops for everything else.

BANNED

In council decisions yeah, but Hickman stated that Captains are in charge on the field and on foreign missions or whatever.

The roles are still kind of vague, hopefully Hickman will expand on it soon, maybe in an interview.

Mighty Member

Y'all just skim those hickman text, don't you?

Cause they state it's not just a War Time job.

In any case, I would swear that the captain of a ship (Kitty Pryde) has more authority than the military who sail on it (Bishop).

But I can be wrong.

Fellow mutants, I just watched an interview with Ben Percy (X-Force) live-streaming on Marvel.com from NYCC. He said something spoiler-ish that I thought would be interesting to bring up and discuss. I'm going to use spoiler tags as I don't want to break any rules or annoy anyone. But if a Mod says it's fair game to discuss openly and we don't have to use spoiler tags because it was a public interview, cool.

spoilers:
    The topic was about "villainy" and how it's not that easy to define at the moment with the X-Men/Krakoa. Ben said there are indeed "shadowy elements" of the government and other governments that will be trying to undermine Krakoa and all that's being created. Obviously we know many of the council members are troublemakers as well but I thought it neat that he confirmed this to be the case, that it's not all roses and rainbows as many of us have suspected. This was in relation to the X-Books in general, not necessarily X-Force.

Not so spoiler-ish: He also said the writers are working closely together and consult one another on if/how they can use each other's characters. He specifically used the example of reaching out to Gerry and asking if he could use the Marauders for something and that they all have very open communication and it's been enjoyable. :-D
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by JB; 10-04-2019 at 03:00 PM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Fellow mutants, I just watched an interview with Ben Percy (X-Force) live-streaming on Marvel.com from NYCC. He said something spoiler-ish that I thought would be interesting to bring up and discuss. I'm going to use spoiler tags as I don't want to break any rules or annoy anyone. But if a Mod says it's fair game to discuss openly and we don't have to use spoiler tags because it was a public interview, cool.

spoilers:
    The topic was about "villainy" and how it's not that easy to define at the moment with the X-Men/Krakoa. Ben said there are indeed "shadowy elements" of the government that will be trying to undermine Krakoa and all that's being created. Obviously we know many of the council members are troublemakers but I thought it neat that he confirmed this to be the case, that it's not all roses and rainbows as many of us have suspected. This was in relation to the X-Books in general, not necessarily X-Force.

Not so spoiler-ish: He also said the writers are working closely together and consult one another on if/how they can use each other's characters. He specifically used the example of reaching out to Gerry and asking if he could use the Marauders for something and that they all have very open communication and it's been enjoyable. :-D
    end of spoilers
    I can't wait for these books to LAUNCH!!! This is really gonna be a new age for the X-Books I like the level of connectivity between these books it's like combining the best bits of Morrison and the Decimation era.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I can't wait for these books to LAUNCH!!! This is really gonna be a new age for the X-Books I like the level of connectivity between these books it's like combining the best bits of Morrison and the Decimation era.
    That's exactly what I'm most excited about! For what it's worth, Mr. White, Hickman and the others have been listening to X-Fans and though they can't fix every little detail that came before, they can at least start us off with cohesion in the books as we move into this new era.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

spoilers:
    The topic was about "villainy" and how it's not that easy to define at the moment with the X-Men/Krakoa. Ben said there are indeed "shadowy elements" of the government that will be trying to undermine Krakoa and all that's being created. Obviously we know many of the council members are troublemakers but I thought it neat that he confirmed this to be the case, that it's not all roses and rainbows as many of us have suspected. This was in relation to the X-Books in general, not necessarily X-Force.

end of spoilers
    I don't think any of us really suspected that things will be "all roses and rainbows" knowing the "shady" characters on the Island.
    Sinister's presence alone is highly suspect...as we saw in HoX 06.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    Sounds awesome! Thanks.

I don't think any of us really suspected that things will be "all roses and rainbows" knowing the "shady" characters on the Island.
    Sinister's presence alone is highly suspect...as we saw in HoX 06.
    Yup that's what I meant, many of us suspected it wouldn't be roses and rainbows. I guess the sentence can be read both ways. :-)