Page 369 of 434 FirstFirst ... 269319359365366367368369370371372373379419 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,535 of 6499

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    It really wouldn't tbh lol idk why a good handful of people want this to be the case.

But I guess technically majority of the island will be pod/egg people due to the ressurection process.
    I am not sure many people actually want this to happen. Yes, there are some who have very set ideas on how resurrection should work which may be partly based on their personal philosophies, but they may just have to find their own ways to reconcile a more secular, science fiction approach.

What is certainly true is that resurrection from weird pods has a creepiness to it. It deliberately evokes The Invasion of the Bodysnatchers, which itself is about the 50s paranoia of the communist enemy within. However we now know they are not actually alien-like pods, but actual human eggs, although oversize.

So Krakoa is not responsible for them, and they are not ‘other’ in quite the same way, and the enemy within fear has been alleviated to some extent. Even the thorny question of the soul is nodded to in the text with talk of anima and indeed the soul itself. We are clearly supposed to believe this is a genuine resurrection, but that doesn’t take away the future-shock body horror that we may feel with the process.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 10-05-2019 at 02:02 AM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Phoenix View Post
    I will say, Hickman is doing something different but I can feel all isn't well by any means. Whenever anyone claims superiority over another, I believe you are begging for trouble... playing God has consequences.

There's some fine cracks in this stained-glassed image of paradise...

They are times when the analogy can't be a direct thing

1. Mutants are superior, This isn't KKK and Nazis going we are better than you, Mutant can literally fly, shoot lasers from their eyes, stop time and variety of other things. Whenever someone in real life claims superior because of lack of melanin or different pigment which is superficial then yeah they are asking for trouble but when Magneto goes I am better than you humans well he kinda is better than them.

2. They are quite past playing God and when you are fighting and beating up Gods I don't think that phrasing has the same meaning. Besides we have seen Ulysses(inhuman) , Franklin Richards and Storm ascend to "higher plane".

Just saying

Resurrection of the dead is very clearly playing god. This is almost The Mutant Rapture.

And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt. Daniel 12:2 (quoted to vibe with the title and content of HoX6)

P.S. I guess that makes it more like Judgement Day. We need a version we can put an X in that isn’t just ResurrXion.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 10-05-2019 at 04:11 AM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

But also consider...resurrection, as shown tbroughout the MU is not a new or even original concept when it comes to ALL Superheroes...not just the X-Men. In fact you can say it has become very common and is no longer a "specialty". The Five method is just a different technique being applied.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    But also consider...resurrection, as shown tbroughout the MU is not a new or even original concept when it comes to ALL Superheroes...not just the X-Men. In fact you can say it has become very common and is no longer a "specialty". The Five method is just a different technique being applied.
    In-universe I think resurrection is still supposed to be something special, even if it hasn't been to us readers for a long time.

The X-Men's new protocol goes against this and makes it commonplace also in-universe.

Has this been posted? Is it Cameron Hodge? Cain Marko?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yes, it's been posted.
    It's one of the "new character" variants for PoX and it's just one of the robots from x².

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    Yes, it's been posted.
    It's one of the "new character" variants for PoX and it's just one of the robots from x².
    No I mean their identity might be revealed this issue
    Attached Images Attached Images

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    It really wouldn't tbh lol idk why a good handful of people want this to be the case.

But I guess technically majority of the island will be pod/egg people due to the ressurection process.
    Honestly I think X-fans are so used to seeing the X-Men fight and scrape for every little ground they have just to still be the underdog that when we finally get a story where Mutants aren't taking humanities shit any longer it becomes hard to reconcile that with the past portrayal.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Pixie’s reaction is perfectly appropriate and wonderfully adorable.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    They are times when the analogy can't be a direct thing

1. Mutants are superior, This isn't KKK and Nazis going we are better than you, Mutant can literally fly, shoot lasers from their eyes, stop time and variety of other things. Whenever someone in real life claims superior because of lack of melanin or different pigment which is superficial then yeah they are asking for trouble but when Magneto goes I am better than you humans well he kinda is better than them.
    When Magneto says to a human, "I'm superior to you", he hasn't a worker in front of him with a load of metal, implying "I can move this metal, better and faster than you."
    He has someone he doesn't know, saying "Because I can move metal without using a machine, I'm different from you, I'm morally superior to you and I and the ones who have special talents like me have higher rights than you to live."
    Of course, for example, Usain Bolt runs faster than me, you can say he's superior to me in that discipline. First, I don't give a damn. (He can run to his heart's content, I won't go after him.) And then, I don't consider him superior to me because of that.
    I don't find it's quite different from the Nazis' point of view: real or imaginary, it's isolating some features, considering they make of you someone different, better and the rest, inferior.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    When Magneto says to a human, "I'm superior to you", he hasn't a worker in front of him with a load of metal, implying "I can move this metal, better and faster than you."
    He has someone he doesn't know, saying "Because I can move metal without using a machine, I'm different from you, I'm morally superior to you and I and the ones who have special talents like me have higher rights than you to live."
    Of course, for example, Usain Bolt runs faster than me, you can say he's superior to me in that discipline. First, I don't give a damn. (He can run to his heart's content, I won't go after him.) And then, I don't consider him superior to me because of that.
    I don't find it's quite different from the Nazis' point of view: real or imaginary, it's isolating some features, considering they make of you someone different, better and the rest, inferior.
    Value is relative, and Magneto valuing the lives of Mutants over humans is valid, as for him thinking Mutants are superior that is valid too because Mutants are the future, the only reason humans have not been replaced by Mutants yet is because they surpassed Mutants in "evil."
    Last edited by ComeOnBunny; 10-05-2019 at 10:45 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ComeOnBunny View Post
    Value is relative, and Magneto valuing the lives of Mutants over humans is valid, as for him thinking Mutants are superior that is valid too because Mutants are the future.
    So Ultron is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    So Ultron is right.
    Might makes right and any complaints are from sore losers. So no Ultron was valid but not right because he failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Depending on the mutant, yeah, the cool ones have near god like abillities but the vast mayority of them dont even come close to that level.

Most of them can be put it down with a gun.

A good chunk are superior but the jump isnt that high apart from the omega ones.