Page 370 of 434 FirstFirst ... 270320360366367368369370371372373374380420 ... LastLast
Results 5,536 to 5,550 of 6499

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    Depending on the mutant, yeah, the cool ones have near god like abillities but the vast mayority of them dont even come close to that level.

Most of them can be put it down with a gun.

A good chunk are superior but the jump isnt that high apart from the omega ones.
    Mutants are not superior. They just think they are. And that is problematic. As others have said, there are people who can run faster than you, who are smarter than you are, who can lift more weight than you can, who are better looking than you are, but that does not make them superior to you. Mutant powers do not make mutants superior to anyone on planet [Marvel] earth. If they're resistant to diseases, that does not make them superior. The only valid excuse mutants have for isolating/self-segregating themselves--and they are using it to the hilt--is victimhood. And fans are buying into the mutant whine fest (for 616), too.

If mutants are so superior, than why are they always victims of the "inferior" humans? They want their cake and they want to eat it too--we're superior and we're victims. The two beliefs of superiority and victimhood is exactly how white nationalists and Neo Nazis rationalize their violent plans for the rest of us "inferiors" who don't measure up.

In the evolutionary sense, mutants are not superior either. Evolution is about survival in a changing environment, and passing ones genes on to future generations. It takes place over thousands and millions of years. On Marvel earth, one could argue that the Mole Men are superior to everyone because they mind their own business, live underground, and once the mutant supremacists and human supremacists finish destroying one another, the Mole Men will be the only survivors.

Mr. Sinister probably was the first to come with the pseudo-scientific term "Homo Superior." Moira and Charles came across the term at Oxford (where Essex was a disguised professor) and Charlie passed it on to Magnus in Israel, where Magnus once he became Magneto, ran with it. So does the current Cerebro-head Xavier actually believe mutants are superior, or that they need to have a place to live on earth in peace? Because Xavier, for all his flaws, never believed that mutants were "superior" to anyone but that great powers gave them great responsibility towards those not so endowed as themselves. Which in a meta sense, is Marvel's philosophy.

Because someone is stronger than you are, doesn't make them superior to you. It means they have a different set of skills than you do. If they choose to use their different talents, greater strength, greater charisma and social skills--or super powers--in order to take what they want and destroy what stands in their way, it's called being an evil assh*ole. Not the next step in evolution. If a group of people, a cult, a "religion" like the one L. Remini has exposed (I'm almost afraid to name them) thinks they're "superior" and too good to live among lesser beings and they isolate themselves with strict hierarchies and bizarre organizational charts, wonky belief systems that tell followers they will never die and they'll always be resurrected, etc., I call that a scam that supports the status and power of the few at the top who are instituting and controlling the community.

I do agree with you but im refering to the idea of superior only in the sense of power.

That doesn't make them better, they could have all the power of the world and still do nothing good with it or just use it to do harm.

But still, maybe i cant run like bolt but maybe somebody could surpass his mark. No matter how i tried, i will never be able to lift a car with the power of my mind and never will be.

I understand that part of feeling superior but i dont think that can be applied to mutankid as a whole.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I think mutants are human in every sense of the way with the only difference that they count with the Gen-X which can be passed on from Human beings who have it as a Recessive Gene, otherwise there would not be mutants at all, they show the same vices and virtues of humanity as a whole, even the one when a culture or nation seeks to survive forming itīs own identity and laws as a result of persecution, and sometimes talking as if the other nations and people are different from themselves. I like Krakoa in the sense that itīs interesting to see how a mutant nation is seeking itīs own identity would work in comics but not if itīs used as a sort of argument of mutants supposed superiority which I donīt think itīs Hickmanīs point on his story anyway, lest remember HOX/POX was just the first Act of the story.

Itīs funny but Mastermold from TAS was on point "MUTANTS ARE HUMAN" the irony is that both mutants and humans on X-men stories make the same mistake of thinking they are not.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Saying mutants are not superior to humans is like giving everyone who ran a marathon a medal just for participating. Yes, they all finished, but some of them did it in less than half the time. Humans could not make something like the Five given a billion years, because they’re not genetically gifted with exceptional abilitities; And even those who gained abilities by accident, like the Avengers, would never have the solodarity and sense of community to combine them in such creative ways.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ComeOnBunny View Post
    Might makes right and any complaints are from sore losers.
    Oh, my sweet summer child. You have some very painful life lessons ahead of you.

I wish I could be there to watch.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Even people who can run really fast need other people who have other skills to survive in society.

Humans could develop medicines or machines to make people age slowly, Iron Man, Valeria, Reed, Doom, made time machines, AIM supposely built the Cosmic Cube. In a way the fact mutants now are really organizing themselves is good for them because they were kind of letting themselves be left behind because of their fights between mutant factions, the Quiet council main quality is that it allows all those different factions to talk it out instead of fighthing to the death with each other while they are hunted by sentinels.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

It’s a case by case. Sure, Cyclops or Wolverine could whoop my ass. But throw Beak my way and I would beat him down. Beat him silly.

BANNED

Not if Nova is lending a helping hand.

Or if he has his trusty Bat
    GrindrStone(D)

Current Beak is swole. And he's got a beak and razors.

Spectacular Member

Any of y'all seen the screenshot of a few pages of POX#6 projected up during NYCC, looks like one helluva spoiler

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jamesslow View Post
    Any of y'all seen the screenshot of a few pages of POX#6 projected up during NYCC, looks like one helluva spoiler
    PM them to me.

People don't like to hear superior because of real life. But in real life we know that stereotypes aren't true Black people aren't more violent that other people and the black men all have don't monster size , All Asians aren't smart, Some white people do have rhythm and can jump. Nothing than makes a person "better" in real life is tied to genetics(it is tied to hard work) in a form that would make some from a different race unable to match the feat. That is not true of mutants they simple are born better and Surge is way faster than Usain Bolt by virtue of being a mutant.Gentle was simple born a mutant and he is stronger than strongest human, Prodigy was just born a mutant and he is smarter than Reed.

Michael Jordan was greatest basketball players his sons weren't good at basketball, Michael jackson kids aren't amazing musicians,etc. While mutants is literally someone genetics making them better in a way that can't be match by most if any of the human population. It is not "skill" it is their dna.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    If mutants are so superior, than why are they always victims of the "inferior" humans? They want their cake and they want to eat it too--we're superior and we're victims. The two beliefs of superiority and victimhood is exactly how white nationalists and Neo Nazis rationalize their violent plans for the rest of us "inferiors" who don't measure up.
    Because of comic book storytelling, It is not matter of mutants want their cake and eating it .It is that comic storytellers have run with a trope which never has made as much sense we think it does and until now many fans haven't faced reality what the X-men and mutants really are if they are organized together. But back to point Magneto ,Franklin, Legion or somebody would have taken over the world or part of the world and erase knowledge of mutants. And mutants would live in peace and that does not make for a good comic book. There is a reason the editors keep reducing the population of mutants in books because if the population gets high enough.There is really no reason to hate mutants in the manner being push in the narrative.

At least now the hate fear and narrative makes sense, Humans are now up against united group of people who are threat to destroy them all and some flaunting the fact the better than them. And possible war that could lead extinction of humans could happen(Irony of hating mutants forced them to unite so basically humans forced they feared into reality). Yeah mutant hate makes sense now. Humans have always bullied mutants because they weren't unified, Now mutants are in position to where they can bully the humans back and that has never happened before because they wanted the X-men to be underdog minority metaphor. In comic world were they aren't trying to push a hate and fear narrative people with Metagene aka X-gene aren't universal hated like we see DC comics(Heck most superpower beings have the metagene in DC). Narrative go can many directions depending on the creator.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 10-06-2019 at 02:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Saying mutants are not superior to humans is like giving everyone who ran a marathon a medal just for participating. Yes, they all finished, but some of them did it in less than half the time. Humans could not make something like the Five given a billion years, because they’re not genetically gifted with exceptional abilitities; And even those who gained abilities by accident, like the Avengers, would never have the solodarity and sense of community to combine them in such creative ways.
    Which makes no sense, the regular human will never be able to tell the difference between Electro and Magneto, not that they cared.

The problem comes from the shared universe, by definition Hulk, Spiderman, Sandman ect.. are mutants, they just werent born with powers, people should fear all of them.

But i get it that is part of a forced narrative, everyone is a snowflake in his own series so the focus is on those who were born with powers.

The sense of community is something personal, just because you have powers doesnt mean that you should feel obliged to other people like you.