Page 373 of 434 FirstFirst ... 273323363369370371372373374375376377383423 ... LastLast
Results 5,581 to 5,595 of 6499

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    She got several mutants, including the Morlocks (Cause No pretty mutant can see ugly Morlocks from their ivory towers) murdered
    They live on Krakoa now though

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    They live on Krakoa now though
    Do they? Callisto is a maybe. But I'll be quite surprised if any writer remembers a Morlock besides her.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    The average joe human can absolutely do something. Hold counter-protests, make sure homeless mutants have shelter, vote against anti-mutant laws, protest against anti-mutant politicians and policies etc etc. Of course they can’t stop Sentinels but they can do as much as humanly possible to help the most vulnerable in society.
    This x 100. I would love to watch a scene where a group of protesting humans stand in front of a Sentinel to protect their mutant friends. Doesn't seem to happen though.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Exac-fokkin-tatiously!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    This x 100. I would love to watch a scene where a group of protesting humans stand in front of a Sentinel to protect their mutant friends. Doesn't seem to happen though.
    I miss when Bendis would show that there were humans who were supporting Cyclops’ cause (even holding entire pro-mutant rallies) even though he was supposedly Satan and a half according to Brisson, Rosenberg, and JDW.

Mighty Member

I miss when Bendis would show that there were humans who were supporting Cyclops’ cause (even holding entire pro-mutant rallies) even though he was supposedly Satan and a half according to Brisson, Rosenberg, and JDW.
    ???

Brisson and Rosenberg's runs were well after the "Scott is the worst ever" period.
    Last edited by Woozie; 10-06-2019 at 11:05 AM.

???

Brisson and Rosenberg's runs were well after the "Scott is the worst ever" period.
    ??????? Those two specifically dealt with how Scott viewed himself in that era.

Mighty Member

??????? Those two specifically dealt with how Scott viewed himself in that era.
    Scott was in some sadboy **** during rosenberg's run he didn't think he was the devil.

As for brisson, did he even write scott besides the annual where he came back and... I think fought a robot?

That is far from the portrays of scott up to AvX

Bendis run was pretty progressive on human mutant relations.

Scott was in some sadboy **** during rosenberg's run he didn't think he was the devil.

As for brisson, did he even write scott besides the annual where he came back and... I think fought a robot?

That is far from the portrays of scott up to AvX
    Good god, don’t take it so literal. I just meant that although he was supported by mutants and humans alike, his later portrayal regretted what he did during the Revolution era. In the Uncanny Annual by Brisson, it was even taken that Cyclops had stopped caring about humans.

Mighty Member

Good god, don’t take it so literal. I just meant that although he was supported by mutants and humans alike, his later portrayal regretted what he did during the Revolution era. In the Uncanny Annual by Brisson, it was even taken that Cyclops had stopped caring about humans.
    But I wasn't taking it literally. It's just when people point to "This run treats Cyclops like he's satan" I don't think the "Woe is me" era I think the "He's as bad as hitler" era.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    Mutants are human with powers, i mean, i never fully understood the concept of humanity extinction.

Humanity is given birth to mutants, literally, is more like a natural process at this point, why should i feel threatened as a member of the human race?

Aliens, demons, robots. Those things can unify humanity but mutants?
    Exactly! And there is no predicting "the next step" in evolution. There is no "superior" and "inferior." These are all Marvel earth humans. Including Namor's Homo Sapiens mermanus, the Atlanteans, and the Lemurians (just go ask Namor who is superior, oh wait, Charles Xavier did and Namor mocked him in POWERS OF X #5 because Xavier doesn't believe mutants are superior to anyone and Namor knows it). There are the Inhumans, who were a group of early Homo Sapiens experimented upon by the Kree and their creations the Alpha Primitives and the Bird People (let's ask the Inhumans who is superior among all the Earth variants of Homo Sapiens, you know what they think). And then there are the Neo who consider themselves superior to all other mutants, and the Externals, who think they're superior to all other mutants. And then there are all the Subterraneans--who I think will really be the next step in evolution only because the surface-dwellers and ocean-dwellers are going to wipe each other out: the Deviants, the Lizard Men, the Moloids (Mole Men), etc., and then there are the Vampires, on Marvel Earth Vampires (Homo Sapiens Nocturnae) are a sub-species of Homo Sapiens, of biological AND magical origin. They think THEY'RE superior and set to inherit the earth.

The whole concept of superior/inferior makes no sense in the Marvel Universe and on Marvel earth. Mutants are one of many, they are not the smartest, or most powerful, nor are they even seen as a sure thing to win the evolutionary lottery as even Hickman predicts it will be a blending of Homo Sapiens sapiens into mutandis but all will be supplanted by AI, the "other" child of Sapiens sapiens. It's certain mutants like Magneto who have latched on to the idea that mutants are "superior." Xavier is not there. He's more interested in immediate survival and living in peace--because of Moira he's made a mistake (I think) in giving in to isolationism, bribery, and safety ensured by the threat of mutually assured destruction. But I guess he (and we) will find out.

If a family has three children in Iowa and one is a mutant, and this family loves one another and there is no problem accepting any of their children--one may be a mutant, another may have a learning disability, the third may be a genius in math (each is as genetically determined as the other)--what is the future of such a family? Until now, Xavier would have said, let's support the family, help teach the community to deal, and if the mutant child needs additional help he or she can come to my school and go home to visit family, and family can visit them. And for the most part, this has worked. But the comics have focused on the negatives, because it's comics, and that gives the X-MEN something to do (Bendis focused on this especially). So, send X-Men out to rescue mutant kids who are attacked in their communities, or whose powers are out of control, but never is there a sense that the rest of the family is inferior to the mutant child, or that the child needs to be taken from the family and taken to a fascistic, cult-like, supremacist nation built on the back of a living mutant island. You go from hope in the face of an extremist, racist minority (the X-Men before), to certain fear and hate, distrust and conflict (the X-Men now). Krakoa now ensures conflict, death and destruction.

Also, consider Moira-10 MacTaggert. Is she a reliable witness, conduit of information? If you accept the Anne-Rice rule of immortals--that the human mind can't handle living so many years without going insane--how is Moira-10 sane any more? Does she want the success of mutants? Or the ascension of the AI and she's using Xavier and Magneto to get there?

BANNED

But I wasn't taking it literally. It's just when people point to "This run treats Cyclops like he's satan" I don't think the "Woe is me" era I think the "He's as bad as hitler" era.
    The entirety of Rosenberg's run is all characters in his team treating Scott like he's the bane of their lives and all he ever did was wrong, though. The exceptions were Juggernaut and Karma, which were in no position to judge, Banshee, who was a damn zombie and Wolfsbane who died fairly quickly. All the others jumped him when they had the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by ComeOnBunny View Post
    People hate Mutants because they were told to by the media.
    Of course, but they should hate all mutants, those who werent born with powers and acquired by accident included.

This will never happen because it will take away importance to being born as a mutant from a writing point of view.

Its the same with all of the bad futures where mutants get slaugther and you ask yourself, Where are the rest of the heroes?

X-Men are many times written like a separate continuity from the rest of the Marvel Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    Of course, but they should hate all mutants, those who werent born with powers and acquired by accident included.

This will never happen because it will take away importance to being born as a mutant from a writing point of view.

Its the same with all of the bad futures where mutants get slaugther and you ask yourself, Where are the rest of the heroes?

X-Men are many times written like a separate continuity from the rest of the Marvel Universe.
    They don't hate all people with powers because the media portrays them as heroes and as the good guys. For example in classic Spider-Man whether people hated him or not all depended on what newspaper they read. Another example is after the 600 people were killed in Stamford Connecticut incident the media turned on Superheroes and they became hated.

Of course they should hate and be envious of all people with powers but the media did not tell them to so they don't. The Marvel Universe probably always has Mutants as the bad guys in their movies and shows too.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    The entirety of Rosenberg's run is all characters in his team treating Scott like he's the bane of their lives and all he ever did was wrong, though. The exceptions were Juggernaut and Karma, which were in no position to judge, Banshee, who was a damn zombie and Wolfsbane who died fairly quickly. All the others jumped him when they had the chance.
    eh... I dunno bout that. Magik, Wolfsbane, Chamber, karma (And Mirage before the finale) all weren't critical of Scott. For the most part it was only Wolverine(duh), Havok and Hope