Page 376 of 434 FirstFirst ... 276326366372373374375376377378379380386426 ... LastLast
Results 5,626 to 5,640 of 6499

Quote Originally Posted by ComeOnBunny View Post
    They don't hate all people with powers because the media portrays them as heroes and as the good guys. For example in classic Spider-Man whether people hated him or not all depended on what newspaper they read. Another example is after the 600 people were killed in Stamford Connecticut incident the media turned on Superheroes and they became hated.

Of course they should hate and be envious of all people with powers but the media did not tell them to so they don't. The Marvel Universe probably always has Mutants as the bad guys in their movies and shows too.
    They are not only heroes, what about the villains with powers? It doens't matter when the power was obtained, people should hate and fear all "freaks" because they are all mutants by definition and many of them kill people.

In real life people complain about the media all the time, some people will believe, others will not, others will think that everything is a conspiracy from the government ect.. it is impossible that they could managed to convince the 100% of the population that the people born with powers is worse than the people who obtained by external factors.

The realistic conclusion is that people will not be able to tell the difference.

Like i said previously, i understand that with this type of argument sometimes we need to turn a blind eye and just accept that mutants are the only ones judged by their powers. The problem comes when Marvel push the mutant hate too far and the dissonance resurfaces.
    Last edited by Lapsus; 10-07-2019 at 03:04 PM.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    The usual human doesn't has many means to help mutants. I mean if billionaires Bezos or Musk wanted to invest all his money on hunting mutants, how a average joe would stop him?

I'm not against Krakoa, but the way they are doing leave me with cold feet
    The Avengers have a lot of average humans on their team. Humans on the MCU aren't as helpless as us in the real world. If a human trains in some form of combat, has a military/marine background, or is good with guns and a sword. It doesn't take much to be a superhero in the MCU on a base level
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    The Avengers have a lot of average humans on their team. Humans on the MCU aren't as helpless as us in the real world. If a human trains in some form of combat, has a military/marine background, or is good with guns and a sword. It doesn't take much to be a superhero in the MCU on a base level
    Plot armor isnt suppose to be taken in consideration, normal humans are useless there and here. With base level you are going to get vaporized figthing the regular enemies of the X-Men.

Extraordinary Member

Is this whole event going to turn out to be one of Moira's alternate lives and then everything will go back to 'normal',

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Is this whole event going to turn out to be one of Moira's alternate lives and then everything will go back to 'normal',
    Nope this is life #10. Hickman left an out for future writers and editors if they want to reset the X-Men, but it would mean a complete retcon and erasure of the Krakoa years. Marvel has never done a huge retcon where they erase years of stories in one go. They make tweaks to the timeline where they revisit past events and reinterpret them for modern audiences, but Marvel hasn't ever reset the timeline. Even the stupid and idiotic "One More Day" didn't retcon Spiderman's entire history, it just took away his marriage to MJ, but he and MJ still had a relationship, still lived together, they just didn't get married and they finally broke up.

What I honestly see them doing is using Moira's life #11 to save the Earth from a cataclysmic event. Everyone will still try to live out Life #11 the same, but Moira will sacrifice herself to save the Earth from a Phalanx invasion or something that can't be stopped in any other way, they might even create tech that can survive the life reset and retain knowledge from life #10 into life #11 thus giving everyone a tactical advantage in facing the cataclysmic event.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Nope this is life #10. Hickman left an out for future writers and editors if they want to reset the X-Men, but it would mean a complete retcon and erasure of the Krakoa years. Marvel has never done a huge retcon where they erase years of stories in one go. They make tweaks to the timeline where they revisit past events and reinterpret them for modern audiences, but Marvel hasn't ever reset the timeline. Even the stupid and idiotic "One More Day" didn't retcon Spiderman's entire history, it just took away his marriage to MJ, but he and MJ still had a relationship, still lived together, they just didn't get married and they finally broke up.

What I honestly see them doing is using Moira's life #11 to save the Earth from a cataclysmic event. Everyone will still try to live out Life #11 the same, but Moira will sacrifice herself to save the Earth from a Phalanx invasion or something that can't be stopped in any other way, they might even create tech that can survive the life reset and retain knowledge from life #10 into life #11 thus giving everyone a tactical advantage in facing the cataclysmic event.
    I like your theory a lot. I'd theorised myself a hundred or so pages back that, since Moira resets the ENTIRE MU, the Life XI reset could be saved by the publishers for a line-wide reboot event like Secret Wars, but your theory makes more sense in that they would not end up completely erasing years of story.

The way the endgame might play out under your scenario may be the earth facing complete destruction by Phalanx absorption, then Moira steals some secret code from within ("fire from the gods") and dies to transmit this knowledge to the X-Men in the "recent" past (in an homage to DOFP)... but this decision kills her finally*, with no reset of her own life or of the MU at large, thus retaining all the additive world-building done in HoXPoXDoX.

*As for how this final death fits in with Destiny's prophecy that Moira may, "if she makes the right decision, have 11 lives", that could be another Hickman sleight-of-hand wordplay (as posited by @isnownothin on twitter). It might mean not "Life 11" but LITERALLY the lives of 11 others. As for who those 11 might be, there are at least two possibilities: her 3 children and 8 grandchildren erased after Life 1 was rebooted; or 11 X-Men who are brought back to life** after the cataclysmic final battle.

**I would repeat another theory I posted a few thousand posts back, that the Krakoan ability to resurrect mutants cannot be more than a temporary plot device, a short-lived Deus Ex Machina, because otherwise all dramatic tension would bleed out of every future story, in the knowledge that any mutant killed in battle will be bouncing back the very next issue.

Ok, maybe this was address somewhere already, or maybe we all just glossed over this because this whole Hickman era is just off to such an interesting start, but where did this Krakoa come from? Didn't the X-Men throw the original one out into space? Wasn't there a baby Krakoa in Wolverine and the X-Men? But this one isn't that one, nor is it the original? This one also has some weird history with Apocalypse and another half of a pre-island hundreds of years ago, but didn't the one in Giant Sized X-Men pnly come about/to consciousness from atomic testing circa WW2/Cold War? And this new one has parts in both the Atlantic and Pacific?

I am glad that this new Krakoa lore is ignoring that crap from Deadly Genesis where Xavier was making everyone hear Krakoa speak when they couldn't. This new Krakoa is quite conscious and sentient, even if it doesn't seem to speak anything like English.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Just thought about something: the Librarian said they were keeping humans in the preserve to ensure they never get to dominate again. What if he meant that literally and Moira is the naked woman in PoX #01? Could the Librarian have found a way to keep her alive that long so she could resurrect after the Phalanx takes over and prevent it?

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Ok, maybe this was address somewhere already, or maybe we all just glossed over this because this whole Hickman era is just off to such an interesting start, but where did this Krakoa come from? Didn't the X-Men throw the original one out into space? Wasn't there a baby Krakoa in Wolverine and the X-Men? But this one isn't that one, nor is it the original? This one also has some weird history with Apocalypse and another half of a pre-island hundreds of years ago, but didn't the one in Giant Sized X-Men pnly come about/to consciousness from atomic testing circa WW2/Cold War? And this new one has parts in both the Atlantic and Pacific?

I am glad that this new Krakoa lore is ignoring that crap from Deadly Genesis where Xavier was making everyone hear Krakoa speak when they couldn't. This new Krakoa is quite conscious and sentient, even if it doesn't seem to speak anything like English.
    Krakoa is so powerful for a single mutant btw. He's got one of the most powerful and interesting mutations we've seen so far. Just consider the healing flowers or the teleporting.

Spectacular Member

Capture.jpg

Hickman did say he was inspired by Bendis

well got damn...
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jamesslow View Post
    Capture.jpg

Hickman did say he was inspired by Bendis
    Phrasing!

The best kind of phrasing, that is.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    That building is too small or has windows to high compairing to Cyke and Mags. Looks like they are on their knees. But pic is beautiful as always.

Xavier with his telekinesis in full swing.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules