Page 401 of 434 FirstFirst ... 301351391397398399400401402403404405411 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,015 of 6499

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    100% agree! It seems like most are willing to accept massive retcons and hand wave away anything that doesn't make sense just because mutants are seen as finally winning. After decades of being on the back foot and constant stories of extinction and genocide mutants now have their own nation and are on the ascendency. It doesn't matter to some how they got there, all that matters is it's a win for mutants. So the Hickman fans will justify, rationalize, hand wave and just outright ignore anything that questions how we got to this point. Basically don't ask questions, just accept it as is. But I wonder if mutants start to suffer some losses and setbacks will people still blindly accept the new status quo?
    You know, I should be very afraid of what I'm typing when you, Spirit, and WhitePhoenix are all agreeing with me. Normally you three are the ones who completely disagree with anything I write.

Now that I think about it, Omega Alpha and RachelGrey are disagreeing with me on this...

This is a weird issue...

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    100% agree! It seems like most are willing to accept massive retcons and hand wave away anything that doesn't make sense just because mutants are seen as finally winning. After decades of being on the back foot and constant stories of extinction and genocide mutants now have their own nation and are on the ascendency. It doesn't matter to some how they got there, all that matters is it's a win for mutants. So the Hickman fans will justify, rationalize, hand wave and just outright ignore anything that questions how we got to this point. Basically don't ask questions, just accept it as is. But I wonder if mutants start to suffer some losses and setbacks will people still blindly accept the new status quo?
    We will know sooner than later. Hickman already say that the x-men will start to suffer some loss
    Last edited by spirit2011; 10-13-2019 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    I would suggest people's excitement is not primarily about mutants winning....it's about the stories finally being new, fresh, and fun. The X-men haven't felt this way in decades.

Retcons are a meaningless price to pay for that. The stuff you're complaining about has been happening the last 20 years through every garbage story arch too. At least this time there appears to be some upside to it.
    New? This is just Genosha/Providence/Utopia with Inhumans sprinkled on top.

Fresh? Utopia was less than a decade ago.

Fun? Entirely subjective.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    New? This is just Genosha/Providence/Utopia with Inhumans sprinkled on top.

Fresh? Utopia was less than a decade ago.

Fun? Entirely subjective.
    This entire post by you is subjective. It's ok you don't like it, but I don't know who you're trying to convince other than yourself.

BANNED

Saying this is the same as Genosha/Utopia isnt subjective its just wrong.

I would suggest people's excitement is not primarily about mutants winning....it's about the stories finally being new, fresh, and fun. The X-men haven't felt this way in decades.

Retcons are a meaningless price to pay for that. The stuff you're complaining about has been happening the last 20 years through every garbage story arch too. At least this time there appears to be some upside to it.
    retcons aren't meaningless, they change character and their interactions since first issue of X-men.

Sometimes I think that stories being new and fresh are more important than x-men story and characters

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Saying this is the same as Genosha/Utopia isnt subjective its just wrong.
    Is it?

A mutant controlled island (ruled by Magneto) made explicitly for keeping mutants, established as the future of the world, safe from attacking humans practicing strict isolationism unless it is politically and financially expedient to do so?

If Krakoa isn't Genosha, it's wearing one helluva Genosha costume.

This entire post by you is subjective. It's ok you don't like it, but I don't know who you're trying to convince other than yourself.
    And this entire post is subjective. How does it contribute to the conversation?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    You know, I should be very afraid of what I'm typing when you, Spirit, and WhitePhoenix are all agreeing with me. Normally you three are the ones who completely disagree with anything I write.

Now that I think about it, Omega Alpha and RachelGrey are disagreeing with me on this...

This is a weird issue...
    Oh don't worry we'll still disagree on many x-related things, most likely the character of Emma Frost. But in this instance we see things the same way.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

I'm totally down with the whole 'Different Strokes, I like it, so what' thingy, but for the life of me, I just can't figure out why anyone would even bother trying to deny that Krakoa is basically Genosha/Utopia with all the cheat codes turned on and literal lifetimes worth of spoilers/FAQs/Walkthroughs thanks to an insane retcon that totally came out of nowhere. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    I'm totally down with the whole 'Different Strokes, I like it, so what' thingy, but for the life of me, I just can't figure out why anyone would even bother trying to deny that Krakoa is basically Genosha/Utopia with all the cheat codes turned on and literal lifetimes worth of spoilers/FAQs/Walkthroughs thanks to an insane retcon that totally came out of nowhere. Oh well.
    That......makes it different, doesn’t it?

Genosha was just Magneto and his followers, our main characters did not buy into it.

Utopia was more like Krakoa in the sense that it was lead by the X-Men and had a few villains on board as well. Not as many, and as prominent ones as on Krakoa though. But ultimately it was just a rock outside of San Fransisco bay.

So yes, there are similarities, but also some significant differences.

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    Genosha was just Magneto and his followers, our main characters did not buy into it.

Utopia was more like Krakoa in the sense that it was lead by the X-Men and had a few villains on board as well. Not as many, and as prominent ones as on Krakoa though. But ultimately it was just a rock outside of San Fransisco bay.

So yes, there are similarities, but also some significant differences.
    Those are extremely small differences. The central idea of an island away from humans dedicated to protecting mutants is the exact same.

It is different though similar. I would say the biggest difference so far is all mutant kind under the same philosophy. You had some big disagreements during the Utopia and even moreso during the Genosha era about the ethics of the idea. Virtually all of mutant kind broadly agree its needed with some slight variations.

So, far the philosophical difference I can tell on the island boils down to what those on the island think of humans off the island as well as using deadly force. We will see pretty soon better how much the core X-Men align with traditional X-Men or Acolyte thought on those topics.
    Last edited by jmc247; 10-13-2019 at 12:37 PM.

BANNED

You'd think that would be obvious, but apparently it's an outlandish conclusion.