Page 43 of 434 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Ignoring Jean's nonsensical costume, it all looks great. I'm getting kind of worried about Storm, thought. She should be front and center
    Storm will probably show up. The covers are showing different characters. She'll probably be saved for a later issue, or may still be in early ones despite not getting the cover just yet.

HoX shows Scott, Logan, Jean, Angel, and Monet. But that may not be the entire team. If even a team at all. The minis may focus on variety of characters rather than everyone being on teams.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Ignoring Jean's nonsensical costume, it all looks great. I'm getting kind of worried about Storm, thought. She should be front and center
    They're finally promoting M as the token black XWoman

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    Hold your horses. She may not be black in this mini. Lol We ain't seen interiors yet. The cover makes it hard to tell, but she doesn't look too dark.

While I'm not going to begrudge creator's their take, it's a side issue at best.

It's Hickman. The guy's work speaks for itself.

Holy **** that interview was good.

I have never seen Marvel staff and talent all come together to universally fellate product to this degree. Thin, crisp wafers often eaten with cheese will never be the same after Hickman's done.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Decades of progress, made just like that

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Hickman is probably saving her for the flagship.
    The minis are set up for the flagship...

Comic Geek in General

Well, if Warren, Kurt, and Illyana are featured (and Rachel, I think....)I guess they have an idea on what to do with 60+ X-Men nowadays (as opposed to most of the Original Team leaving while Cyclops leads against Count Nefaria or Erik the Red)......and Toad on the team again? And Sabertooth? Now I really have to know how this is playing out......(though no Juggernaut, Havok, Multiple Man, Mirage, Karma, Colossus, Iceman, Beast, Storm, Rogue, Gambit, Bishop, Forge.....J

That team with M on it is peeeeeeeeerrrrrrrfect. So glad for this. I feel like Storm might finally be get an actual death out of this.
    Because they can only be ONE prominent black female X-man at a time ?

Why? X-men is relaunching and Powers of 10 and House of X is just a story it is fine ,If Storm and other some X-men aren't front and center in one story. Powers of 10 and House of X are just Disassemble and Age of X-man writer by a great writer meaning that in way just like those two thing it really does not matter .It is books that come next that do. I have zero worries about not see any characters in those two books. The X-men are going relaunch their is going to be a flagship book and some other books and there is going to be a second wave of books.Those are where people should be worried about seeing characters

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Because they can only be ONE prominent black female X-man at a time ?
    One of the common mistakes people seem to make - and one that the comics industry has nurtured for decades, including Marvel - is thinking that there are limited roles available and fans of characters must fight with each other to secure them. Especially minority characters. There's plenty of "there can be only one black woman at a time," but seems there's rarely "why are there 20 different white men headlining books simultaneously?" I think progress for the medium will require abolishing that kind of thinking.

That's a long way of saying I agree with you, while adding my own views to the mix.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    "Yes, this has all been planned since last summer and we're grateful for every creator who has worked on our X-titles since then, from X-Men Blue/Yellow/Red to Disassembled to Age of X to Major X to Uncanny. They have all been putting the pieces of the puzzle in place for HoX/PoX!"
    https://twitter.com/CBCebulski/statu...49658974171136

LOL.
    Sooooo. this has been planned "since last summer" but he included thanks for the creators involved with the color coded X-Men titles? Considering all of those titles were planned and released way before the meetings for the new Hix Men titles were taking place, it seems odd that they were part of grand design that was coming. It also seems very dishonest the way disassembled and the latest relaunch was handled, since they were basically lying to their fan base regarding it being a new direction for the series since it was basically filler to kill time till Hickman was ready. I don't know why I have the feeling that very little if anything at all of the stuff published in the last year will be important or a contributing piece to Hickman relaunch. Hopefully the new direction is worth all of this.

They could have just kept the coloured books Blue, Yellow and Red running another six months if the plan was always to lead up to Hickman's big-crunch/big-bang. The weird fake relaunch of Disassembled feels like maybe Hixmen took longer than expected, or an edict came from above to delay it 'til July.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    They could have just kept the coloured books Blue, Yellow and Red running another six months if the plan was always to lead up to Hickman's big-crunch/big-bang. The weird fake relaunch of Disassembled feels like maybe Hixmen took longer than expected, or an edict came from above to delay it 'til July.
    Exactly. Disassembled seems even more pointless in hindsight then while we reading it LOL. 5+ months of Age of X is also obviously a way to buy some time for the new run.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Yeah, would be easier to just reshuffle the cast a bit, and with the 05 leaving, Blue could have easily be Cyclops book' (that or maybe even Red), while Wolverine goes to Gold.