Page 44 of 434 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    They could have just kept the coloured books Blue, Yellow and Red running another six months if the plan was always to lead up to Hickman's big-crunch/big-bang. The weird fake relaunch of Disassembled feels like maybe Hixmen took longer than expected, or an edict came from above to delay it 'til July.
    Might be due to the artists, maybe? Hickman wanted only one for each mini and it's on a bi-weekly schedule of six issues for both Silva and Larraz (Silva is faster, but his artwork is looking so clean that I think they wanted him to give it his all). There's also the fact that maybe editorial hadn't settled the plans post HoX/PoX at the time of the relaunch, so they might have needed a bit of a stall.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Might be due to the artists, maybe? Hickman wanted only one for each mini and it's on a bi-weekly schedule of six issues for both Silva and Larraz (Silva is faster, but his artwork is looking so clean that I think they wanted him to give it his all). There's also the fact that maybe editorial hadn't settled the plans post HoX/PoX at the time of the relaunch, so they might have needed a bit of a stall.
    Yeah, but what he's saying you didn't need Disassembled and Age of X-man for this. Could easily kept the books going, just adding Cyclops and Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Yeah, but what he's saying you didn't need Disassembled and Age of X-man for this. Could easily kept the books going, just adding Cyclops and Wolverine.
    That is so true. I think it would have been much better to have Gold, Blue and Red intermix and continue while you prepare for Hickman. Disassembled is a story they could have told in those titles instead of resurrecting Uncanny for essentially no reason.
    My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Well both artists were on Disassembled were they not?

Yeah, I'd rather have Blue, Red, Astonishing and even Gold (yikes) extended for a few more months and all 4 books crossing over for Disassembled before Hickman takes over instead of wasting half a year on the Age of Snoozefest.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Well both artists were on Disassembled were they not?
    Silva was. Larraz wasn't, he did Extermination.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Man With The Stick View Post
    Silva was. Larraz wasn't, he did Extermination.
    Wow, I got confused with Perez.

Quote Originally Posted by Technopriest View Post
    It also seems very dishonest the way disassembled and the latest relaunch was handled, since they were basically lying to their fan base regarding it being a new direction for the series since it was basically filler to kill time till Hickman was ready.
    The industry of Comics, ladies and gentlemen.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Exactly. Disassembled seems even more pointless in hindsight then while we reading it LOL. 5+ months of Age of X is also obviously a way to buy some time for the new run.
    It's looking like pure filler.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Who's Gracia?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Who's Gracia?
    Marte Gracia? One of the best colorists in comics.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extermination could have been told using Blue and Gold (and still have the same creative team), Disassembled was completely unnecessary (as was the relaunch of Uncanny). It's obvious that they were either killing time until Hickman was ready, or the X-editor had a different plan for the franchise and then the order came from higher up to change gears and finish whatever needed to be finished before Hickman's relaunch.
    Last edited by Technopriest; 05-15-2019 at 03:53 PM.

Here's how they should have done EXXXTentacion.

Don't.

And then replace all the color books with Inhumans until John's ready. Scott and Logan come back in the Endgame post-credits.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It's looking like pure filler.
    I don't think it's filler. Those quotes at the beginning of each issue are SO Hickman.

I really can't recall ever being as excited for a relaunch as I am with this. Hickman is gonna kill it.