Page 46 of 434 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Rough, for those who care about their personal favourites only and not so much about the overall world in which their favourites reside (I've already seen posts about not buying any X-Men if so-and-so is not featured)...whatever...I have no time for that noise.

You are absolutely right.
    The X-Men has been figuratively razed to the ground over the past decade and it will take time to rebuild. I'm focusing on and supporting that reconstruction of the X-Empire. Anything else that comes after is just icing with salty caramel and chocolate fudge.
    People read comics (or consume any form of entertainment really) for the most disparate reasons, so if someone only reads X-Men comics if Character X is featured, I say to each their own.

I also have my favorites obviously but do I really care for them to be featured at whatever cost, regardless of the use the writer actually makes of them? I absolutely love Storm but did her presence really make a difference in, say, Marc Guggenheim's X-Men Gold? She might as well just have been featured in that 2 parter towards the end of the series, but had she been in limbo for the rest, or as a background character doing absolutely nothing, it wouldn't have made the slightest amount of difference to me because she never added anything to the story anyway.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    People read comics (or consume any form of entertainment really) for the most disparate reasons, so if someone only reads X-Men comics if Character X is featured, I say to each their own.

I also have my favorites obviously but do I really care for them to be featured at whatever cost, regardless of the use the writer actually makes of them? I absolutely love Storm but did her presence really make a difference in, say, Marc Guggenheim's X-Men Gold? She might as well just have been featured in that 2 parter towards the end of the series, but had she been in limbo for the rest, or as a background character doing absolutely nothing, it wouldn't have made the slightest amount of difference to me because she never added anything to the story anyway.
    Same here. I love for my favs to be featured. But if they're just gonna be wallpaper or used in a way I consider embarrassing, i'd rather they stay in limbo until something good can be done with them. Quality over quantity.

Monet is one of my favorites. I am excited to see her on Hickman's HoX cover & hope he has good plans for her, since she's one of his favorite mutants.

I was intrigued when she was revealed to be in Pak's Weapon X and I stuck with that book for that reason. But for all of the role she had, she didn't even need to be there. lol Pak told Monet fans on twitter not to miss chapters 24-27. And Monet did nothing of note in those issues. She was in 1 panel in issue 26. Then issue 25 + 27, she had a total of 7 lines.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Exactatiosly! To each their own.

I love storm as well but...
    I'm much more interested in what new developments HiX-Man is actually bringing to the X-Universe than how he's planning to use Storm specifically or even if she actually shows up in the run.

Some of it I'll like, other parts...probably not so much but...it at least it will be different and possibly interesting and well written (we already know it's going to be gorgeously illustrated). That alone is something to look forward to.

After HoX and PoX, then I'll give more emotional effort to what comes next with respect to which characters are placed in which books.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 05-16-2019 at 12:26 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    hey guys remember to stop by your local comic book store to get some of jonathan hickman's quality seed

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/05...d-powers-of-x/
    So, the weird plants with red orbs will indeed figure into the plot if they're sending seeds of all things. Xavier's plan to save mutantkind is weed, so Hickman's run is already good by default.

it would be nice if all of my favorite characters got some of hickman's seed
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I have to say, I appreciate all the attention being given to the X-Men right now. Nice to see so many creators/artists chiming in, whether it's PR or not. Seems they want to be sure we know that they care about the mutants. Better late than never.

Hmm, seeds. Ex Nihilo. Red skies. Mars. :-)

jonathan hickman: "comics have to look cool, bruh, fo shizzle"

damn he really is exactly what the x-men need

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

**** its the cops

Ha! I remember when my local comic shop owner was telling customers at the time about the X-Men books being replaced for AOA. People were NOT having and were getting very annoyed. Ha!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Funny, I just happened to re-read the entire Age of Apocalypse last week so it's cool to see Hickman commenting on and appreciating it. And what a well-written, wonderfully-drawn story it was, I dare say probably the best crossover event of all time and the pinnacle of the post-Claremont era. Still holds up very well today, too.

Amazing Member

With the reset being official, House of X just went from a title I wouldn't bother with to high on the priority list.

Seeds. Seminal. Are the X-Men going X-Rated? If so, can we get a ‘90’s art team to draw us some big guns to go along with the big guns?
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Really love the Hox #2 cover. Moira is absolutely the perfect character to be at the centre of a secret history. We know she gave her life heroically to pass on the cure for the Legacy Virus (and has yet to return to life), but she was researching the X-Gene on Muir Island for decades and we don't really know what she was doing. The island may have been a haven at points, but she also tinkered with Magneto's DNA, and, dubiously, kept her mutant son in solitary confinement for years because of how dangerous he could be (clue: being locked alone for years makes you crazy). I also love that the X-Men initially thought she was the new housekeeper, but she was the only person in the mansion who gave Charles ****.

Did anybody else find it weird how Magik and Kurt in that cover are actually recolored versions of the mystery characters from the first teaser?
    I wonder what's up with that. I was almost 100% sure those new characters were their descendants, not Magik and Kurt themselves...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Really love the Hox #2 cover. Moira is absolutely the perfect character to be at the centre of a secret history. We know she gave her life heroically to pass on the cure for the Legacy Virus (and has yet to return to life), but she was researching the X-Gene on Muir Island for decades and we don't really know what she was doing. The island may have been a haven at points, but she also tinkered with Magneto's DNA, and, dubiously, kept her mutant son in solitary confinement for years because of how dangerous he could be (clue: being locked alone for years makes you crazy). I also love that the X-Men initially thought she was the new housekeeper, but she was the only person in the mansion who gave Charles ****.
    Maybe we'll get an explanation on how the island keeps regenerating every time it gets blown up