Page 49 of 434 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast

I forgot Proteus existed. I like that kid.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    sorry for being a party pooper but I have this strong feeling:
    Moira was an omega level mutant all along, that is why she gave birth to Proteus, she never died, Xavier always knew and remained in contact with her
    The Emphasis on Moira is a interesting aspect to this. One of my favorite stories involving her was a back-up story in X-men Classics she figured out a equation to bring Proteus back to life but chose not to because she could not find a remedy to the complications of his mutant powers so decided to let him rest in peace.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    And I thought things couldn't be worse for Illyana than Rosenberg's writing.
    It was bad enough that so many writers but her in the same team as Piotr, where 75% of her characterization would be "muh brother! muh brother!". I sure hope they didn't get to the next level and fused them.
    lmao how was Rosenberg bad for Yana. He single-handledly saved her after Lemire's character assassination and Guggenheim's unique brand of trash writing.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    lmao how was Rosenberg bad for Yana. He single-handledly saved her after Lemire's character assassination and Guggenheim's unique brand of trash writing.
    On one hand, Rosenberg is deliberately ignoring all bad writing and bad stuff she had in the last years. On the other hand, he's ignoring all the good writing and good stuff she had over the years; he basically reversed all the characterization of everyone to the 80's and 90's- hence we have Alex "Scott doesn't let me lead" when every leadership post he had was because of him, Cyclops being desperate for the X-men not to kill, Illyana being surprised she can *gasp* offer suggestions to the other X-men to vote, rather than have an important role because she worked closely with Scott for years and already did this before many times, etc. It's no accident they are all wearing the uniforms they did in the 80's and 90's, even though Illyana has the power to change them.

The costumes are a deliberate design choice, not a sign of bad writing for Illyana

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The costumes are a deliberate design choice, not a sign of bad writing for Illyana
    I know, that's what I'm saying- they're using the anachronistic costumes, that in the New Mutants case signals they're essentially trainees, because the book is a nostalgia trip for Rosenberg, taking everything to the 80's and 90's. The "they're using whatever they found in the mansion" excuse doesn't make sense because Illyana could change them.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I know, that's what I'm saying- they're using the anachronistic costumes, that in the New Mutants case signals they're essentially trainees, because the book is a nostalgia trip for Rosenberg, taking everything to the 80's and 90's. The "they're using whatever they found in the mansion" excuse doesn't make sense because Illyana could change them.
    except I dont get trainee vibes from her. She's been argubaly the most effective member of the team

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    except I dont get trainee vibes from her. She's been argubaly the most effective member of the team
    She's actually, outside the WotR tie-in, the ONLY competent member of the team because Rosenberg is a big fanboy, but essentially he returned everyone's characterization decades. That's why Rahne, rather than a werewolf member of X-force, can't even resist 4 bros, Scott is obsessed with not killing and is closer friends with Logan, who spent the last few months/years of his life trying to hunt him down, also while nearly dooming the mutant race by trying to kill Hope in AvX, than anyone else in the team, just to mention a few examples.

He's also clearly gunning for a "New Mutants grow up and become important and independent" story, but the problem is that story was already told long ago, since they already had outgrown Cable; Scott himself is the leader that gave them more independence back in Utopia, not to mention had Illyana become more important to the X-men under him than anyone of the NM did before, while Roberto became the freakin' head of AIM and leader of the Avengers.

BANNED

seriously give Rosenberg a Magik containment book, that's the only character he seems to really like

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Variant Cover

Not an infinity warp. But possible Magik & Colossus merged -like the St. Croix siblings can do to form X-Plate.
    I like it. Could be a danger room simulation.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    sorry for being a party pooper but I have this strong feeling:
    Moira was an omega level mutant all along, that is why she gave birth to Proteus, she never died, Xavier always knew and remained in contact with her
    Wouldn't that kind of ruin Moira?

X-Men has few enough human supporting characters as it is, removing the best one (even if currently dead) is not a good idea.

Incredible Member

The idea of Moira being central to the story really makes a lot of sense. She's been around for ages, since No 96 in fact, and some of her back story has also been filled in since then, which has given her an even closer association with the team and its formation. She has long term, close relationships with Xavier and Magneto, she's the mother of Proteus. Her facility on Muir Island has always been enormously important to mutants. You could go as far as saying that she is central to the entire X-Men story, right from the start. It could end with the need to have some sort of mutant base at Muir Island again, which could easily lead into some sort of Excalibur relaunch which would be great from a UK point of view.

So because of that, I don't really think there's any need to give her powers and rewrite everything, her history is rich enough. Trouble is, you'd have to have Xavier in on the deception, keeping her powers hidden, probably Magneto too. Also Banshee, he would be made to look pretty bloody stupid if, as a former detective and Interpol agent, he had no idea that the woman he lived with for years was secretly a powerful mutant. I'm very well aware that the treatment of Banshee over the years has been pretty crappy, but that would take it to an all time new low. Unless, of course, he'd been involved with the whole thing from the start himself, meaning he infiltrated Factor Three for Xavier from the start and was much more involved than we know.

But of course Banshee doesn't appear on any of the covers or internal pages we've seen so far, so no doubt he's just going to be ignored again.

Proteus can jump from mutant to mutant. Powers of X seems to have mutants with several powers (Powers of TEN). Moira is the mother of Proteus.

Hum.

Moira was also Rahne's foster mother. I wonder how that will play out in the story considering...

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Proteus can jump from mutant to mutant. Powers of X seems to have mutants with several powers (Powers of TEN). Moira is the mother of Proteus.

Hum.
    Hum indeed.