Page 51 of 434 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

His new DM isn't a nutter.
    "Cable was right!"

Spoilers: Superman is just a clone of the real Superman, actually, and the real Superman was evil.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Based on the covers I have the feeling that Xavier is going to screw up big time.
    That's the only way they know how to treat him, anymore.

Why do I have to put up with goofballs every time I want to get some comic news?

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Why do I have to put up with goofballs every time I want to get some comic news?

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Goofballs? I think you mean Goldballs.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Spoilers: Superman is just a clone of the real Superman, actually, and the real Superman was evil.

Exactly! Just like everything from giant sized #1 has been alt timeline and Hickman is going to set us back to the correct timeline.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I think this is the first time I've see the entirety of the original video.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Exactly! Just like everything from giant sized #1 has been alt timeline and Hickman is going to set us back to the correct timeline.
    Yeah, this would make reading the X-books even more worthless, regardless of implementation. That's all I have to say on that for the time being.

I have a different question, if anyone is willing to answer. People have cited past work with the Avengers and Fantastic Four as their reasons for confidence in Hickman. So with that in mind: how old was he when he did that work?

If he is actually 46, then he started that mega-arc in his mid 30's, and he looks exactly the same now, just with better hair.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Yeah, this would make reading the X-books even more worthless, regardless of implementation. That's all I have to say on that for the time being.
    You say that now, but in the “real” timeline it turns out that Polaris gets all the self confidence in the world after blasting Krakoa. This leads to her being the leader of the x-men franchise, and with it, an ongoing monthly in 2020.

I have a different question, if anyone is willing to answer. People have cited past work with the Avengers and Fantastic Four as their reasons for confidence in Hickman. So with that in mind: how old was he when he did that work?
    You are just looking for any reason at all not to like this without even reading a single issue, aren’t you?

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    If he is actually 46, then he started that mega-arc in his mid 30's, and he looks exactly the same now, just with better hair.
    Thanks!
    You say that now, but in the “real” timeline it turns out that Polaris gets all the self confidence in the world after blasting Krakoa. This leads to her being the leader of the x-men franchise, and with it, an ongoing monthly in 2020.
    As much as I can answer this, there's no real reason. It's not going to happen. It's like opining about how I might react if Jesus showed up at my house and wanted to be bros. A prerequisite to Lorna getting anything like this would be people at Marvel having some semblance of respect for her and fans of her. They don't. They think she only exists to trick people into buying books where they endlessly fanboy over Havok.

What's most likely going to happen here is Lorna ignored completely. Second most likely is that she gets forced onto a team led by Havok and serves as his bangbuddy emotional support girl. Probably written by Rosenberg, who would prove me right for thinking she'd be in bad hands written by him. Third most likely is that they'll "retcon" all her development - Magneto as her father, her origin story, surviving Genosha, probably even that she launched Krakoa into space. Which would allow them to ignore her potential and worth and act like they're justified in thinking she has none.

From Children's Crusade to shortly after Axis, I saw what Brevoort thought of Lorna. Last year, I saw what White thinks of her and fan interest in her. I know what to expect from them. I'm not going to pretend they could surprise me because that's not the Marvel way. The Marvel way is having a huge ego and being petty enough to print someone's resignation letter in a way that mocks them. Self-reflection and trying to do a better job is not their forte.

Edit: People might think I'm being paranoid in thinking they might try to pull retcons. Let me just say, I do not underestimate how low they're willing to sink. I learned my lesson there with Squeenix and 3rd Birthday.

You are just looking for any reason at all not to like this without even reading a single issue, aren’t you?
    More like I'm asking for details that help me get a fuller sense of the coming situation.
    Last edited by salarta; 05-24-2019 at 11:05 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

HiX-Man will reveal only What he wants to reveal When he wants to reveal it.
    At this stage...you are getting just as much information as the rest of us Sal...you can either process it and just wait until July to make up your mind/see if your concerns hold true or, as other have done, have a little fun and jump on the Wild-Speculation Train...either way, it's really not worth making yourself miserable and anxious. It's entirely up to you, though.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    At this stage...you are getting just as much information as the rest of us Sal...you can either process it and just wait until July to make up your mind/see if your concerns hold true or, as other have done, have a little fun and jump on the Wild-Speculation Train...either way, it's really not worth making yourself miserable and anxious. It's entirely up to you, though.
    Yeah, remember that the solicits for his final Avengers issues were all "In 8 months...TIME RUNS OUT. In 7 months...TIME RUNS OUT", etc. He's not interested in spoil things ahead of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Thanks for considering my feelings and encouraging me to not let concerns trouble me too much.

However, I've learned a few things over time. Any time I've been optimistic, including cautiously and reservedly optimistic, I'm proven wrong. Any time I expect the worst, I tend to be proven right. When Secret Wars happened, I set aside my worry that so much exposure for Lorna meant they planned to limbo her. Then they proceeded to do exactly that for two years. By contrast, I expected Marvel to try to use Lorna as a prop to promote Havok after Blue, and they've been doing exactly that. It's better for me to be honest in what I can expect because then I can plan for it. I can't plan for it if I don't admit it's likely to happen.

It's true that I don't know with absolute certainty what's going to happen. But I can make very good predictions based on what I've seen of the event, of the people who work at Marvel, and of Marvel's history in general. It's no different than how I operate with video games. I knew what to expect from 3rd Birthday at Squeenix because I saw how it treated Aya in promotional material in Japan. Recently, I knew RAGE 2 would be lacking badly in story because they said basically nothing on story for a whole year. Stock analysts make predictions based on market trends. I do the same. Only difference is that Marvel can potentially see my predictions and abruptly change their plans.

I do see a bright future for Lorna. Just not from the Marvel of today. In my last post, I gave the order of what's likely to happen because while "retcon it all" would be an extreme act, I think it's possible given what I've seen. Not going to be surprised like many were by the Axis retcon on the twins.
    Last edited by salarta; 05-25-2019 at 11:44 AM.