Page 58 of 434 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast
    BANNED

They mentioned it was called Powers of 10 when the books were first announced.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    They mentioned it was called Powers of 10 when the books were first announced.
    Yeah, it's where a lot of the conversation around the two new characters exhibited multiple powers erupted from.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Yeah, it's where a lot of the conversation around the two new characters exhibited multiple powers erupted from.
    I don't think it's the 2 amalgam character who have the 10 powers or something like that. My point of view is that we had already seen the 10 mutants who are concerned. There are the ones who are in a cover(with Mr Sinister added to the 10). If I remembered the list is: Prof X/Magneto/Jean/Ororo/Kurt/Mystique/Exodus/Apocalypse/Emma/Sebastian Shaw! So, it's the 10 that they are talking about for me.

No, it's exactly "no evidence". There is a difference if a Executive Producer for Marvel Studios is providing commentary and saying something like 'I feel that the name is outdated' vs someone in Marvel Comics or Disney literally saying we're changing their name. It's not happening.
    It could happen, there was a huge thread around here on the subject. You're being obtuse. For the record I'm 100% against a name change, I'm just worried it might actually happen in today's world. You absolutely cannot discount a Marvel exec's 'commentary', unless you are above her head right now on the corporate ladder.

EDIT: Further, no one knew a good name alternative for the X-Men. They all sounded silly....except House of X was in front of our face the entire time. And seriously, these forums are for this sort of discussion. It was only a question so there is no need for the curt responses.
    Last edited by uebersoldat; 07-10-2019 at 12:36 PM.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Oooh then Mystique would finally have purpose in life outside of screwing people over. I'm all for that OTP again.
    It'd be great, but why do something good when they could continue to have her as a psycho bitch screwing Creed in a pairing that takes no effort to write. lol

I'm still guessing it's only a flashback or vision of some kind, but Mystique one love is still not to return for good. The art & colors are great though. Destiny looks better than she ever has.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 07-10-2019 at 01:15 PM.

66428005_10102597267542217_1189165694235705344_n.jpg

I hope Ororo actually plays into the story too, and is not just a variant cover trick to pull the Storm fans into this....
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Oooh! LOVE that Punk Storm variant.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 07-10-2019 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    It could happen, there was a huge thread around here on the subject. You're being obtuse. For the record I'm 100% against a name change, I'm just worried it might actually happen in today's world. You absolutely cannot discount a Marvel exec's 'commentary', unless you are above her head right now on the corporate ladder.

EDIT: Further, no one knew a good name alternative for the X-Men. They all sounded silly....except House of X was in front of our face the entire time. And seriously, these forums are for this sort of discussion. It was only a question so there is no need for the curt responses.
    You're right. It COULD happen. But given that the franchise has been running under the same title for 60 years it is highly unlikely they will be changing it to an unknown name during a time when movie rights return to the parent company. To my knowledge and research she is not a Marvel Studios, Disney, or Marvel Comics Executive. She has been the executive producer on a number of MCU projects and films (namely Captain Marvel), but doesn't sit in a position of prominence. I know there is synergy between Marvel Studios and Marvel Comics but one producer cannot make a change like that to the entire franchise, especially when she was not demanding a name change in the video for the 4 seconds it is mentioned. I totally understand people thinking this is a sign, but it's just her saying something similar to what was said in Dark Phoenix. Does that mean that Mystique's line in Dark Phoenix was a hidden truth to what is happening to the line??? I'm kidding, but people can get a lot of mileage out of nothing. It's the internet. So yes, unless Kevin Feige or Perlmutter or someone of note in the Comics area (Cebulski) says something like this we can discount it. I see that you're worried but I don't think you should be. And with that I'm dropping this as it's off topic.

Meanwhile I'm pragmatic, not obuse. Get it right

Also thank god Storm got a variant cover. It's about damn time.
    Last edited by Askani's Flame; 07-10-2019 at 01:52 PM.

She's had a couple. This is the 3rd, that I recall. And it is nice, compared to the 10+ we have and keep getting of metal gal.

May not be until HOX 3 at best, but I am anxious to see him variants for Husk & Monet.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    She's had a couple. This is the 3rd, that I recall. And it is nice, compared to the 10+ we have and keep getting of metal gal.

May not be until HOX 3 at best, but I am anxious to see him variants for Husk & Monet.
    Oh was one of them her "watering" the plant with lightning? I thought that was not official lol. I need moar Strom and less Madame Metallo. And I hope we get some Monet cover art!!

Oh was one of them her "watering" the plant with lightning? I thought that was not official lol. I need moar Strom and less Madame Metallo. And I hope we get some Monet cover art!!
    That's one cover I am thinking of. Then there was another with different version of her from different eras. I am mainly waiting on more Monet & Husk. I liked those GenX ladies and any time we do get variants, I am always looking to see if one of them, or both, is present. But any variants featuring some different characters that we haven't seen 10+ times already is good. Seems all the art has the same set of characters.

A reason I was annoyed at the Variant yesterday that had Mystique on it lol because she's been on a couple of covers and we got at least 3 interior frames of her. So personally, I have seen enough of her with that. More Monet!!!
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 07-10-2019 at 02:05 PM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post

I hope Ororo actually plays into the story too, and is not just a variant cover trick to pull the Storm fans into this....
    LOVING this Ororo variant, her looks and costume. I hope she's going to wear it in one of the books!

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

given that the franchise has been running under the same title for 60 years
    I don't believe we were curt as in rude, we were curt as in brief perhaps....

Anyway, if you're "rebranding", why would you name just a short event House of X? You would save House of X for the flagship book....
    (And naming both the Flagship and the Event House of X would be so confusing that people might miss out on buying one of them) Therefore: House of X is not the new X-men franchise name.

One foolish person so far has mentioned a title change at Marvel in passing. Suddenly the whole internet was aflame. Why would you spend millions on the buyout of an under-exploited brand and then discard it lmao.

You're right. It COULD happen. But given that the franchise has been running under the same title for 60 years it is highly unlikely they will be changing it to an unknown name during a time when movie rights return to the parent company. To my knowledge and research she is not a Marvel Studios, Disney, or Marvel Comics Executive. She has been the executive producer on a number of MCU projects and films (namely Captain Marvel), but doesn't sit in a position of prominence. I know there is synergy between Marvel Studios and Marvel Comics but one producer cannot make a change like that to the entire franchise, especially when she was not demanding a name change in the video for the 4 seconds it is mentioned. I totally understand people thinking this is a sign, but it's just her saying something similar to what was said in Dark Phoenix. Does that mean that Mystique's line in Dark Phoenix was a hidden truth to what is happening to the line??? I'm kidding, but people can get a lot of mileage out of nothing. It's the internet. So yes, unless Kevin Feige or Perlmutter or someone of note in the Comics area (Cebulski) says something like this we can discount it. I see that you're worried but I don't think you should be. And with that I'm dropping this as it's off topic.

Meanwhile I'm pragmatic, not obuse. Get it right

Your words are actually comforting. I do thank you for the points and they are well taken. Perhaps we just misunderstood each other.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post

Badass, She deserves more than playing second fiddle to Cyclops, Emma, Jean, Magneto and Wolverine.