Page 8 of 434 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Put the one woman in a skirt again lol yeesh

Where’s Storm?

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Could the bald woman in the corner be Cassandra Nova?

Still no sign on Sunspot, Rogue, Cannonball, Karma, Rachel, Banshee, or any of the students.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post

Where’s Storm?
    What's wrong with the one woman being in a skirt again?

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    OK. So, Cyclops (in Bendis-era costume, but with his visor instead of the ridiculous X-face), Jean (in her Silver Age Marvel Girl costume), presumably Xavier with Cerebro/mini-Cerebra on his head, Magneto (also in Bendis-era costume), and Wolverine (in a modified version of his Byrne-designed brown and tan costume).

In the background, Xavier, Moira, and Nimrod. In the foreground, "Steel Magik" (Colossus's daughter?) and "Red-Crawler" (Kurt's son?) along with a bunch of new characters I don't recognize.

Both images include the flowering plant motif from the previously released poster, this time as portals characters are emerging from. Cross-time gateways of some sort, perhaps?
    The character on the far right(arms crossed) had me thinking "Variation On The 'Rogue' Theme..."

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    i have no idea, suddenly women can't wear skirts anymore ......
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Catholic guilt, probably. People are flogging themselves for the dirty thoughts Jean's thick thighs caused in them.

Other than that, it's probably just the idea that the skirt sexualizes Jean and yadda yadda, so catholic guilt disguised as being progressive or whatever. Another recent development of horseshoe theory.

OldManMorgan

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post

Where’s Storm?
    Personally I think it's disgusting that ALL FOUR MEN are all chiseled like chipendales and wearing skin tight costumes not leaving much to the imagination again lol yeesh
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 04-09-2019 at 04:34 PM.

The simplest explanation for the skirt is that Xavier is in charge and he is creepy with Jean

Spectacular Member

Maybe Jean enjoyed being in her old costume during Age of X-Man and decided to stick to it?

Quote Originally Posted by tornshattered View Post
    Maybe Jean enjoyed being in her old costume during Age of X-Man and decided to stick to it?
    maybe it's summer and she just doesn't enjoy sweating pants
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

I'm disappointed Storm didn't make the cut in HoX #1.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Catholic guilt, probably. People are flogging themselves for the dirty thoughts Jean's thick thighs caused in them.

Other than that, it's probably just the idea that the skirt sexualizes Jean and yadda yadda, so catholic guilt disguised as being progressive or whatever. Another recent development of horseshoe theory.
    being catholic has nothing to do with it, here in italy 90% people are catholic and there is no shortage of women wearing skimpy skirts, never heard people complaining or thinking they should be ashamed

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    Could the bald woman in the corner be Cassandra Nova?
    I don't think so. She doesn't have Cassandra's features(eyebrows/larger than average head) and more than that, the costume and markings on her face are those of Karima Shapandar/Omega Sentinel.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    • Jean in the Marvel Girl garb is perplexing. Very dated, and I'm not sure why she'd choose to return to that look. So unless if it's a Jean from elsewhere in the timestream or something of that sort I can't see this making a lot of sense.
    • My third favourite Magneto look (surpassed by Age of X & Marvel Now!). I'm pretty glad he ditched the trunks. I must ask though, what does he keep in all the pouches? Seems he's taken styling tips from OG X-Force.
    • Loving Cyclops in blue. Not so much a fan of the head-condom as we endearingly call it. The recent fan design by Lukas Werneck far surpasses this.
    • I'm assuming that's Mr Xavier himself in the front, wearing a big ol Cerebro helmet on his head. Didn't he go to the lengths of making his new body all handsome-like? Why cover up that face then?
    • All for Logan in the tan uniform. Def my fav look of his.
    • With all the other big players here I'm almost surprised they're not joined by Ororo, Kurt or Hank.
    • The vegetation, which looks to have perhaps formed a portal here, is intriguing too. Could we perhaps be seeing Krakoa, Tabula Rasa or the Savage Land in play?

• So Xavier, Moira and Nimrod are involved with future (?) X-Men? This one has more questions than answers.
    • Who is the girl in the center? And why is it that she seems to have metallic skin like Piotr, Illyana's soulsword, and pieces of Hisako's armor?
    • Furthermore, is the red man Nightcrawlerspawn? And what's in his satchel?
    • I'm clueless when it comes to the others

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The Xavier Institute is still open then it seems. I'm not sure whether to be happy or upset about that. On one hand it's a cornerstone of X-History, but on the other it's holding some characters back. The new students look cool, which is one of the benefits of having a good artist on the book. No sign of anyone of those we know which is even more puzzling.