Page 9 of 434 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    • Jean in the Marvel Girl garb is perplexing. Very dated, and I'm not sure why she'd choose to return to that look. So unless if it's a Jean from elsewhere in the timestream or something of that sort I can't see this making a lot of sense.
    • My third favourite Magneto look (surpassed by Age of X & Marvel Now!). I'm pretty glad he ditched the trunks. I must ask though, what does he keep in all the pouches? Seems he's taken styling tips from OG X-Force.
    • Loving Cyclops in blue. Not so much a fan of the head-condom as we endearingly call it. The recent fan design by Lukas Werneck far surpasses this.
    • I'm assuming that's Mr Xavier himself in the front, wearing a big ol Cerebro helmet on his head. Didn't he go to the lengths of making his new body all handsome-like? Why cover up that face then?
    • All for Logan in the tan uniform. Def my fav look of his.
    • With all the other big players here I'm almost surprised they're not joined by Ororo, Kurt or Hank.
    • The vegetation, which looks to have perhaps formed a portal here, is intriguing too. Could we perhaps be seeing Krakoa, Tabula Rasa or the Savage Land in play?

• So Xavier, Moira and Nimrod are involved with future (?) X-Men? This one has more questions than answers.
    • Who is the girl in the center? And why is it that she seems to have metallic skin like Piotr, Illyana's soulsword, and pieces of Hisako's armor?
    • Furthermore, is the red man Nightcrawlerspawn? And what's in his satchel?
    • I'm clueless when it comes to the others

The Xavier Institute is still open then it seems. I'm not sure whether to be happy or upset about that. On one hand it's a cornerstone of X-History, but on the other it's holding some characters back. The new students look cool, which is one of the benefits of having a good artist on the book. No sign of anyone of those we know which is even more puzzling.
    That looks like Omega Sentinel

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    As much as I like the idea of the Marvel Girl aesthetic, why the hell is Jean wearing the SAME EXACT Marvel Girl costume? She doesn't need to. She can and maybe should wear a more modern version of it, but the same exact thing is a mistake. Mainly because of the outdated gloves and mask.
    We've been speculating she came from the past; from that poster, is clear there's some time-travel involved.

My recent wild speculations were,

It will be a off world story, X-Men terraforming a new planet and those new characters were alien (well technically the X-characters would be the aliens on that world) but then Nimrod there suggests that they are definitely mutants.

Omega Sentinels appearance suggest it's set in the future

BANNED

Relax ppl. Its a miniseries. These costumes won’t last.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

I'm definitely intrigued by all this, but I'm ready for some really interesting, meaty X-stories again. I skipped Age of X-Man after the crapshow that was Disassembled, and Uncanny's been dreadfully dull (even with my boy Scott alive and leading a team again).

Looking forward to July!
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

My third favourite Magneto look (surpassed by Age of X & Marvel Now!). I'm pretty glad he ditched the trunks. I must ask though, what does he keep in all the pouches? Seems he's taken styling tips from OG X-Force.
    Magneto is one character where I don't mind pouches. Never hurts to have some extra metal on hand, just in case.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I love that Martha looks so sassy in her new body. The outfit is cute. I agree that looks like either Omega Sentinel (which would be interesting seeing as wasn't she un-Sentineled in Wood's run?) or it's an older Serafina from Children of the Vault (I'd rather it be her TBH). Also is that a new Douglock in the back too?

BANNED

[*]My third favourite Magneto look (surpassed by Age of X & Marvel Now!). I'm pretty glad he ditched the trunks. I must ask though, what does he keep in all the pouches? Seems he's taken styling tips from OG X-Force.
    He kept nails in his pouches in either Bendis or Bunn's run.

BANNED

Charles looks like he has a mobile cerebro on.

BANNED

Jean's retro, short short-skirt is very practical for battle... was said, dripping with sarcasm. Adding to that, the mask is so modern looking.

Art's absolutely beautiful, tho... was also said, earnestly.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    With the 2 characters furthest to the right, thought somebody mentioned Rogue, in regards to the female. But I'm seein', maybe... Polaris & Havok?? With her, there's the green, obviously. But also the metal dome, and the belt with pouches besides, that's similar enough to big daddy Mags' in HOX. The uniform in general, bears other resemblances to his, as well. With him it's not only by association with her, but the hair & outfit colors, along w/the sorta glowing yellow eyes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    With the 2 characters furthest to the right, thought somebody mentioned Rogue, in regards to the female. But I'm seein', maybe... Polaris & Havok?? With her, there's the green, obviously. But also the metal dome, and the belt with pouches besides, that's similar enough to big daddy Mags' in HOX. The uniform in general, bears other resemblances to his, as well. With him it's not only by association with her, but the hair & outfit colors, along w/the sorta glowing yellow eyes.
    You just reminded me of RoguexMagneto.

BANNED

What a tragedy, some people wanting Jean to be reduced to the breeding machine of a boring and obsolete character like Bishop.
    this cancer can't end soon enough.

That pathetic dead weight hasn't been relevant for decades. 90's garbage that failed to catch up and now needs to be proped up by a better character in such a sexist way.

Jean deserves better than being someone else ticket out of limbo. She deserves better than carrying Bishop, deserves better being used to pretent Bishop has any deep or worth as a character.

This is so disgusting.
    Last edited by 404ArgeTal; 04-09-2019 at 07:34 AM.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 404ArgeTal View Post
    What a tragedy, some people wanting Jean to be reduced to the breeding machine of a boring and obsolete character like Bishop.

That pathetic dead weight hasn't been relevant for decades. 90's garbage that failed to catch up and now needs to be proped up by a better character in such a sexist way.

Jean deserves better than being someone else ticket out of limbo. She deserves better than carrying Bishop, deserves better being used to pretent Bishop has any deep or worth as a character.

This is so disgusting.
    Some of y'all fans just reach for the stars sometimes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 404ArgeTal View Post

This is so disgusting.
    Jean was dead for 14 years and only became relevant again because she was shoved into every comic upon return to life.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Jean was dead for 14 years and only became relevant again because she was shoved into every comic upon return to life.
    Still leagues above Bishop who was alive but never a big player on anything outside traumatizing a little girl for life.

Jean and Bishop aren't on the same level of relevance for the X-men at all.

Jean being alive or dead changes the books, she is one of the greatest and most influential members. Bishop is a very minor character. There is no comparission at all.
    that's why they are sticking this leech to her. To try to make him happen. Meanwhile jean could be single or **** someone else and her story stays relevant. she doesn't need him, he needs her, like a parasite.