Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Didn't read Golden Age.
    It wasn't released in my area and it's flown under my radar since then.

I just assumed the Golden Age they referred to with it was the war years as always.
    It begins with a VJ-Day parade and moves into the Red Scare era from there.

Didn't read Golden Age.

I just assumed the Golden Age they referred to with it was the war years as always.
    I would strongly recommend this.

And it does cover the post-War years quite well. It does, however, combine Golden Age characters and early Silver Age characters in a real time situation (for them anyway). Its major difference from what I think is being talked about is that this was a single story linking end of WW2 with the dawn of the Silver Age. The idea of a series progressing through those years is what I was referring to.

The last time DC did something like this was to give Shooter the Legion. And even though I really liked his short run, he managed to piss everyone at DC off in the process. I suspect the return of Thomas to a re-launch would bring similar results. DC as a corporation largely isn't going to accept the baggage and rebellious attitudes of a bunch of old school guys. Especially when those old school guys are just going to make them look bad.

The only way I could see this working is if Thomas and Ordway acted as consultants. That way someone else gets the credit but we may stand a chance at getting decent stories.

Either way I miss both the All Star Squadron and Young All Stars! Not sure either have ever been collected. DC should do that.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Didn't read Golden Age.

Robinson's and Smith's The Golden Age was an Elseworlds Prestige-format mini-series which was well-written (definitely worth looking into), but not necessarily best to latch onto if you're talking strictly in-continuity stories beyond All-Star Squadron.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    It begins with a VJ-Day parade and moves into the Red Scare era from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I would strongly recommend this.

And it does cover the post-War years quite well. It does, however, combine Golden Age characters and early Silver Age characters in a real time situation (for them anyway). Its major difference from what I think is being talked about is that this was a single story linking end of WW2 with the dawn of the Silver Age. The idea of a series progressing through those years is what I was referring to.
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Robinson's and Smith's The Golden Age was an Elseworlds Prestige-format mini-series which was well-written (definitely worth looking into), but not necessarily best to latch onto if you're talking strictly in-continuity stories beyond All-Star Squadron.
    Thanks for the info.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing an ongoing series with multiple stories, as well.

I really liked the 1991 JSA mini-series. I think it and the first two seasons of the '50s Superman tv show give a good representation of the era I'd like to see explored.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

BANNED

DC doesn't remotely care about or respect any of their classic creators

Magic 8-ball says "Outlook not good."
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/04...ing-whats-due/

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    DC doesn't remotely care about or respect any of their classic creators
    ...or their classic creations (except for the one with a pointy-eared mask)