Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Will Smallville now basically be persona non grata? As in, deleted from the streaming platforms, and no longer sold on DVD or aired on TV? If they do continue to make money off the show, Mack should certainly not be getting any royalties!
    Last edited by Digifiend; 04-10-2019 at 07:45 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RickWJ324 View Post
    I'm sure she's probably what you said, a "true believer". She had no problems following someone like this guy and participate in truly inhumane practices (slavery, humiliating and aiding this douchebag in fulfilling his sexual fantasies with young women, etc, etc). She was a willing participant for years and I believe she was still supporting him when he was first caught. Now she wants to feel remorse when faced with years in prison. I truly hope they both rot in hell for their actions. I can only imagine being a parent to one of these girls and knowing what these immoral individuals did to my child.
    She was definitely still a "true believer" when he was arrested. They were together in Mexico when he was arrested. He fled there to avoid prosecution. Nicki Clyne from BSG was with them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Will Smallville now basically be persona non grata? As in, deleted from the streaming platforms, and no longer sold on DVD or aired on TV? If they do continue to make money off the show, Mack should certainly not be getting any royalties!
    I think that might have been the case if Welling had been the one involved in the scandal but since this is just the actress who played Chloe, it should be fine. Though its reputation may suffer somewhat.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I hate to think Smallville is going to suffer because of her actions.

Smallville is pretty popular by streaming standards from what I've read. Particularly for a show that hasn't aired in almost a decade. I doubt this will impact anything. May even cause a little uptick in interest now that it's getting referenced in so many news reports.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I hate to think Smallville is going to suffer because of her actions.
    yeah. I also worry for Superman Returns (a film I like) because of Kevin Spacey..

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Smallville is pretty popular by streaming standards from what I've read. Particularly for a show that hasn't aired in almost a decade. I doubt this will impact anything. May even cause a little uptick in interest now that it's getting referenced in so many news reports.
    good point. I don't think Smallville will be hurt too much, though, because the main star hasn't gotten in big trouble like this..

I heard Michael Rosenbaum said something about this in his podcast.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Between her and Sam Jones going to prison (for selling Oxy), at this rate the Smallville reunion will just be Tom Welling and Michael Rosenbaum.
    I haven't heard anything bad about Erica Durance, Laura Vandervoort or Cassidy Freeman

I guess this kills any chance of Allison Mack making a cameo on Supergirl though.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I haven't heard anything bad about Erica Durance, Laura Vandervoort or Cassidy Freeman

I guess this kills any chance of Allison Mack making a cameo on Supergirl though.
    Has Cassidy Freeman had a guest spot on Supergirl? I know the other two did. I would love to see Rosenbaum make some kind of appearance. Not sure as what. He has a great comedic side. Maybe the Prankster? Has the Prankster made an appearance?
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Has Cassidy Freeman had a guest spot on Supergirl? I know the other two did. I would love to see Rosenbaum make some kind of appearance. Not sure as what. He has a great comedic side. Maybe the Prankster? Has the Prankster made an appearance?
    No, but Cassidy was a major character in Smallville so I was just mentioning her as a member of a Smallville reunion. She was a major character on Longmire though. She was Walt's daughter and in the finale she was running for sheriff.

Prankster was in an episode of The Flash. He was played by Jesse Reid. I guess someone else could be Prankster on Earth-38 though.

The sad end of a sad saga. What more can I say?
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

jaydgreyson

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I think that might have been the case if Welling had been the one involved in the scandal but since this is just the actress who played Chloe, it should be fine. Though its reputation may suffer somewhat.
    Exactly and I can't believe even it's rep will suffer, Chloe was not that important seriously.

I don't understand why anyone would be worried. This is not a Roseanne situation.

I would not discount any reunions, they of course would not involve AM but KK, TW and MR were all together at that panel a few days ago and I think they are doing another appearance as well.

This is a very disturbing case and the women in DOS are scarred forever. The psychology major in me finds the motivation fascinating and...frankly evil. Mack herself was quoted as saying she was jealous of women and had trouble finding women friends/relationships before joining this cult. I also read KK only joined because of a creepy bf she was intro'd to and she asap left when radar went off, while I think Allison had a need to be part of this group, I think she had DEEP issues and while some-all people can be susceptible to cults I think she reveled in being the victimizer. There are so many creepy parts of this whole saga, the underage girls, branding, Raniere sleeping with sisters, mom's and daughters. SO GROSS. I don't understand how A Mack was staring at him like he was prince charming. I understand part of it is brainwashing but I suspect she enjoyed the power she received from him and it was a mutual benefit for her. I suspect the women in the classes were singled out and psychologically profiled and the ones with issues were targeted to join DOS under false pretenses.
    Last edited by jaydgreyson; 05-10-2019 at 07:52 PM.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I think everyone has to decide for themselves what their criteria is. I'll never watch the Cosby Show again. But I'm fine with it's spinoff A Different World. Maybe that's because it's connection to the original is limited at best. The only Cosby character connected to the show left after the first season. After that, it was it's own thing. That makes it easier to watch and dismiss it's connections to the original. I might feel a little better about re-watching Smallville (and I've been tempted) if I felt that Mack was truly repentant. She sounds like a very emotionally damaged person. I don't think she'll ever see the light of day again. I hope that someday she comes to her senses and truly regrets what she did. But I don't feel she's there yet.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    It was certainly possible that this could've killed the show. I guess it would've if it was Tom Welling. Just look up The Jeremy Kyle Show. Big headlines this week got the show cancelled and deleted from streaming - and it was very popular for it's timeslot. Popularity doesn't determine whether a show continues to be available or not.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman