Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Default Allison Mack pleads guilty

I don't think any of us are happy about this. But at least she's taken some responsibility for her actions.

https://pagesix.com/2019/04/08/a-sob...sex-cult-case/

She could be looking at anywhere between 20 to 40 years. She faces sentencing on Sept. 11 of all dates.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I don't think any of us are happy about this. But at least she's taken some responsibility for her actions.

https://pagesix.com/2019/04/08/a-sob...sex-cult-case/

She could be looking at anywhere between 20 to 40 years. She faces sentencing on Sept. 11 of all dates.
    I just don't get how someone could be so blind/stupid to participate in such a thing...unless she truly has an evil streak in her. We all see her as the innocent/sweet Chloe when we look at her, but in real life maybe she is a truly horrible person.

I hope she and everyone else involved in that cult get the book thrown at them.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

A sad and infuriating saga for sure. At least she is taking responsibility for her actions. Hopefully justice is served for the sake of those who suffered.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Well now we know what Chloe was secretly up to when she disappeared in season 10 for a while She's not particularly famous these days, so maybe she'll actually get a regular punishment when they do sentencing.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

BANNED

Even her character in Smallville was shady

Between her and Sam Jones going to prison (for selling Oxy), at this rate the Smallville reunion will just be Tom Welling and Michael Rosenbaum.
    Assassinate Putin!

BANNED

What did Sam Jones do?

Weren't there issues with her behavior during Smallville's run? I thought that was why her role was kinda lessened towards the end. She was basically recruiting on the set and I think she almost dragged Kristen Kreuk into this mess as well.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

After listening to both the Tom Welling and Stephen Amell chats with Michael Rosenbaum on his podcast, it's pretty clear that the working conditions on those CW shows can be pretty grueling on the actors and crew in terms of hours and safety. Welling & Amell eventually gained the clout to curtail it a bit for themselves, but I wouldn't be surprised if the supporting cast are treated much, much worse. Sprinkle on top of that a lot of the crazy that many actors and actresses already have, you've got a recipe for disaster.

Hopefully, the shakeup that happened after Supergirl's showrunner got MeToo-ed has gotten the producers to wise up a bit and improve things for everyone working on those shows in Vancouver.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Weren't there issues with her behavior during Smallville's run? I thought that was why her role was kinda lessened towards the end. She was basically recruiting on the set and I think she almost dragged Kristen Kreuk into this mess as well.
    Kristen Kreuk was involved with them as well...but apparently got out of it early in the game.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RickWJ324 View Post
    Kristen Kreuk was involved with them as well...but apparently got out of it early in the game.
    I had heard that KK was the first to get involved before AM but like you said, she got out pretty soon after.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    After listening to both the Tom Welling and Stephen Amell chats with Michael Rosenbaum on his podcast, it's pretty clear that the working conditions on those CW shows can be pretty grueling on the actors and crew in terms of hours and safety. Welling & Amell eventually gained the clout to curtail it a bit for themselves, but I wouldn't be surprised if the supporting cast are treated much, much worse. Sprinkle on top of that a lot of the crazy that many actors and actresses already have, you've got a recipe for disaster.

Hopefully, the shakeup that happened after Supergirl's showrunner got MeToo-ed has gotten the producers to wise up a bit and improve things for everyone working on those shows in Vancouver.
    I'm hearing more and more stories of these sets being unsafe for actors and crew alike but I don't understand why that is so. Safety should be paramount especially when dangerous stunt work is involved. It's not like people are as super human as the characters they portray.

Allison Mack is a despicable human being:

Quote from article on her guilty plea:
    Mack said she is prepared to take responsibility for her actions. "I have come to the conclusion that I must take full responsibility for my conduct and that’s why I am pleading guilty today," she said in court, according to the New York Post. "I’m very sorry for the victims of this case. I’m very sorry for who I’ve hurt though my misguided adherence to Keith Raniere’s teachings."

She admitted to her involvement with DOS, saying she had a slave and that she instructed women "to perform services for me," by threatening that they "could face serious harm," according to the New York Post. Mack reportedly said the women indeed gave damaging personal information, like nude images and financial records as collateral.

She admits to "having a slave" and threatening them repeatedly, along with procuring women for the leader to have sex with including under-age girls. I hope she rots in a prison.

A comment I read on one article suggested that she might still be a "true believer" but copped a plea for a reduced sentence. This really does come across as kind of a Charles Manson situation where once the members are away from the "leader" they slowly start to come to their senses. I kind of hope that's the case here. But she still needs to be held accountable for her actions. She was still smart enough on her own to understand what she was doing. "Brainwashed" or not.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    A comment I read on one article suggested that she might still be a "true believer" but copped a plea for a reduced sentence. This really does come across as kind of a Charles Manson situation where once the members are away from the "leader" they slowly start to come to their senses. I kind of hope that's the case here. But she still needs to be held accountable for her actions. She was still smart enough on her own to understand what she was doing. "Brainwashed" or not.
    I'm sure she's probably what you said, a "true believer". She had no problems following someone like this guy and participate in truly inhumane practices (slavery, humiliating and aiding this douchebag in fulfilling his sexual fantasies with young women, etc, etc). She was a willing participant for years and I believe she was still supporting him when he was first caught. Now she wants to feel remorse when faced with years in prison. I truly hope they both rot in hell for their actions. I can only imagine being a parent to one of these girls and knowing what these immoral individuals did to my child.