Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Superman #10 SPOILERS!!!!

-As it turns out, Jon was the only one to get sucked through the wormhole.

-Jor was beside himself because he thought Jon had actually run away from him. According to Jor, he made deals, stooped to certain "lengths and depths" in search of him. I'm assuming this took years until he figured out what really happened and even then it still took a while to actually trace where and when Jon had disappeared to. He tells Jon that he never gave up searching for him, shredding even more of Jor-El's frayed mind no doubt.

-Jon doesn't appear to fully grasp the severity of his situation, not even after being locked away in a volcano for years and then trying to get away from the super powered evil version of his mother.

-Jor gifts Jon with a super suit and immediately after, their ship gets attacked by Zaar, Zod and Jax-Ur at which point Jor transports Jon straight back to earth where he went looking for his parents and we catch up with the present.

-Clark and Jon decide to go in search of Jor-El and Jon's suit suddenly lights up and throws them in the middle of an intergalactic battle, Jor's ship smack in the middle of it. I think Jor fitted the suit with some sort of GPS/beacon to help him find his way, or I could be reading too much into the art.

I think the "deals" and "lengths and depths" Jor made in the undetermined past while searching for Jon are what inadvertently created Rogal Zaar and now explains why Zod has now switched sides suddenly.

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

Pardon my impatience,But when I glance your first paragraph,I find you have mistaken.Both JOR-EL AND JON have been sucked by the black hole
    Jor-el speficifical said:"THE BLACK HOLE-THAT GRABBED US WAS A TIME FLUX GENERATOR ON TOP OF A TEAR IN THE DIMENSIONAL SLIDE"
    And JOR-EL spend many years to find Jon,implied he also been sucked in the time-flux black hole,And he later literally searching time and space to find JON
    Edit:Adding scan,Jor-el said them both grabbed by black hole,and spent many years to searching Jon,But in present time,Just passed 22 days,So that means Jor also been sucked in the time-flux,Just separated from JON
    Superman (2018-) 010-009.jpg
    Last edited by qwertyuiop1998; 04-10-2019 at 04:34 AM.
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Astonishing Member

Right, they both were pulled through the black hole but Jon was sucked out of the ship.

What I want to know is where/when did Jon get the scar on his cheek?

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Yeah, I think it’s looking very likely that the Jor-El that Rogal Zarr had met was the time traveling older version and not the younger one that was meant to die on Krypton with Lara.

I don’t know what Geoff Johns’s endgame is with bringing in darker versions of Superman & Batman’s formerly late dads, but I am very intrigued by what Bendis and King have been doing to take advantage of this temporary change in their status quo.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Right, they both were pulled through the black hole but Jon was sucked out of the ship.

That was my 1st thought. I'm going to assume that Bendis forgot to put that part of the story in.

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I don’t know what Geoff Johns’s endgame is with bringing in darker versions of Superman & Batman’s formerly late dads, but I am very intrigued by what Bendis and King have been doing to take advantage of this temporary change in their status quo.
    Agreed,Surprisingly I think Bendis doing to Jor is better than bringing darker version of Supes father.
    Last edited by qwertyuiop1998; 04-10-2019 at 04:52 AM.
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I was wondering the same. Jon's face was intact when he met Jor-El, but he has a scar in the present. The only opportunity for the scar was during the attack to the ship, but it doesn't happen either.

I guess Bendis just forgot the scar. I wouldn't be surprised if the scar just dissapear over time.
    Last edited by Konja7; 04-10-2019 at 05:09 AM.

This issue was a really huge miss for me, worst of Bendis’ run on either title. It’s a plot checklist that they sketched over.

Jor El still hasn’t done anything to justify the “crazy” label and has actually been handling himself rather well. Though if he was thrown back in time to he could have prevented all this or gone to Clark for help. But Jon doesn’t know any of that and only that he made some deals to get him back. Literally nothing in these flashbacks justify Jon’s reaction to Clark and Lois. Plus, Jor El seems to confirm Jon spent 22 days with him and then 7 years on Earth 3.

And then the magically appearing scar. Something that should be a major plot point is ignored completely. He still has it in the scenes with Lois & Clark, but he doesn’t in the scenes with Jor El which immediately preceded those.

This is arc was good up to this point with a lot of potential that was completely blown on this issue.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Jor El still hasn’t done anything to justify the “crazy” label and has actually been handling himself rather well. Though if he was thrown back in time to he could have prevented all this or gone to Clark for help. But Jon doesn’t know any of that and only that he made some deals to get him back. Literally nothing in these flashbacks justify Jon’s reaction to Clark and Lois. Plus, Jor El seems to confirm Jon spent 22 days with him and then 7 years on Earth 3.
    In fact, I can see why Jon think Jor-El is crazy in this issue. Jor-El seems unstable, it even seemed that he was not going to allow Jon to go home.

That said, events happen too fast, so it is difficult to understand the situation.
    Last edited by Konja7; 04-10-2019 at 05:56 AM.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Interesting!

* So....THIS was how Bendis decided to use his post-Metal carte blanche. That's actually really solid since it works on its own and with Metal.

* Poor Jor-El. He was already so fragile. Nearly a decade (or more) of frantically searching for his grandson broke him. I like the frantic way he's written here.

* So whatever galactic calamity Jor-El has brought about has all been in service of finding his grandson.

* So that explains how Jon spent so many years on Earth 3 while only 3 weeks passed. It was time and space.

* Zaar, Jax, and Zod working together is pretty dang wild. What could the being who allegedly killed Krypton and for sure killed Kandor have said to get the externally patriotic on his side?

* So this takes place after Leviathan. That makes sense especially since Lois is more involved in the event than Superman/Clark. But this is for sure before Leviathan Rising, I'd say.

* I really dug seeing Jon's suit come together.

* Confirmation that the Damian reunion is after the space stuff.

_________

* That moment when Clark asks Jon if he wants to stay home or suit up, then answers Jon suit up without hesitation, and Clark can't help but be damn proud of his kid was really strong.

* Lois' Kratos-like "boy" has fully grown on me now lol

* I really love the feeling that even though this situation is odd, the Kents are gonna still move forward on this.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    In fact, I can see why Jon think Jor-El is crazy in this issue. Jor-El seems unstable, it even seemed that he was not going to allow Jon to go home.

That said, events happen too fast, so it is difficult to understand the situation.
    I didn't get that at all. Jor El says specifically that he couldn't go home without Jon. Meaning to me that he felt he couldn't return to Clark and Lois without his grandson and literally did whatever he had to to get him back. He seemed frantic, understandable for the situation, but nothing he's done would justify "He's crazy and has to be stopped" at all.

Jon’s reaction should have been “Grandpa is in trouble he needs our help now!”
    Last edited by Yoda; 04-10-2019 at 05:53 AM.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Jor El still hasn’t done anything to justify the “crazy” label and has actually been handling himself rather well.
    I'd say that Jon's mostly worried about what "deals" Jor-El made to get him back, and how clearly unwell he seems. Jor-El looks unwell with his lazy eye as the big indicator. I don't think Jon assumes any malevolence out of Jor-El, but rather he's genuinely concerned because this was already a guy who was not in a good spot. I think just leaving a guy like that to his own devices is the thing he's scared off.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Astonishing Member

I didn't get that at all. Jor El says specifically that he couldn't go home without Jon. Meaning to me that he felt he couldn't return to Clark and Lois without his grandson and literally did whatever he had to to get him back. He seemed frantic, understandable for the situation, but nothing he's done would justify "He's crazy and has to be stopped" at all.

Jon’s reaction should have been “Grandpa is in trouble he needs our help now!”
    I guess we need to wait and see.

It's possible the "Grandpa is crazy" like "Jon's scar origin" is a story Bendis changed or forgot.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I guess we need to wait and see.

It's possible the "Grandpa is crazy" like "Jon's scar origin" is a story Bendis changed or forgot.
    I'm hoping it's the former. I'd rather it be changed. I have dreaded Jor-El being made an outright villain since MoS. If they will not honour his loving sacrifice in saving his son all those years ago, I'd rather they not screw him over by not only causing him to survive the trauma but also making him a raving lunatic that needs to be put down.
    Last edited by rpmaluki; 04-10-2019 at 06:11 AM.

Overall, I absolutely LOVED this issue. A lot of movement, and some great characterization for Lois & Clark - I like how they feel what's happening, but are adjusted enough to strap in and move forward. And how Jon follows this lead is great.

But I do have one question that kinda wrecks the plot...

Let's say I'm Jor-El, and got sucked back in time and I can't find Jon. But I'm apparently able to visit planets/etc with no problem and "make deals". So it won't take long to find out not only where I am, but WHEN I am.

I've spent X years looking for Jon, and then it hits me - go back to where I was before we hit the wormhole and stop it from happening.

So.... why couldn't Jor-El just do this?

Other than that, though, I thought this issue was great.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/