Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Velocidad is an old man and Zero died again in the Storm series. The problem with Velocidad is that sooner or later he was condemned to end up like this. The best he could have received is a more dignified ending but without drastically changing his powers it was inevitable.
    This is comics. They could drag a story out for years about that side effect and than just eventually find a way to work around it, like every other power, or at the least the tragedy could have been a well written story. M.R. took the easy shock value route to try to make his run have some impact. Not that it really matters, no one is doing anything with these characters since a bunch of Avenger's writers decided to write to the end to a major X-Men storyline. Honestly, sometimes I think the abandonment of this team and concept was the end of my feeling there was anything left of the old X-Men dream.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 404ArgeTal View Post
    Hope should have been Jean reincarnated. She lost her purpose after AvX and at least we wouldn't have to endure certain forced relationship, becuse Jean would know what kind of man Bishop truly is.
    A character could always find new purpose. In fact, a smart writer would make a good story out of it.

I wish we had gotten more detail into Hope’s motivations and thoughts during Rosencanny. I could see why she’s sort of gone off the rails since for all she knows, all her Lights have gone out. She would know if any of the Lights in the 616 were still alive and since she didn’t speak up when Shan said that Velocidad was among the dead, then I guess he must’ve died off-panel or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I wish we had gotten more detail into Hope’s motivations and thoughts during Rosencanny. I could see why she’s sort of gone off the rails since for all she knows, all her Lights have gone out. She would know if any of the Lights in the 616 were still alive and since she didn’t speak up when Shan said that Velocidad was among the dead, then I guess he must’ve died off-panel or something.
    Hope hasnt been tuned into the lights since Generation Hope 7 years ago. I dont think anything that happens with them informs her motives or state of mind today. That is strictly based off what happened with Cable in Extermination

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Hope hasnt been tuned into the lights since Generation Hope 7 years ago. I dont think anything that happens with them informs her motives or state of mind today. That is strictly based off what happened with Cable in Extermination
    Im sure Rosenberg forgot they were even connected, but I’m saying that the loss of her Lights, Cable, and Rogue (if we’re thinking about it) make sense when you see how reckless Hope acts. I wish writers that write Hope nowadays remember she wasn’t only connected to Cable, the fact that she didn’t try to find Gabriel after Disassembled sucks.

Her last interaction with any of the Lights was Idie when she graduated in the last issue of WatXM.

I always thought Transonic was cool but it seemed like Kieron Gillen left before he could fully explore what her deal was, and after him nobody else really had an idea for her.

Astonishing Member

Man I miss the 5 lights. Such a cool concept that was left on the cutting room floor. It's so weird after all the focus that was placed on them during the Utopia era but after AvX they got shunted off to limbo without so much as a word.

The girls were breakout stars and still appeared, especially Oya and to a lesser degree Transonic, but the guys didnt leave much impression except for Kenji, whom of course got taken out. I was more surprised by how fast Hope sizzled out. I wish they'd give her a new costume

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Man I miss the 5 lights. Such a cool concept that was left on the cutting room floor. It's so weird after all the focus that was placed on them during the Utopia era but after AvX they got shunted off to limbo without so much as a word.
    They were sacrificed for Avengers vs X-men to happen.

The original story is that Hope and the five lights would fulfill the prophecy but if that happened the X-men would not be taken over by Phoenix when Stark tried to intervene. They tried to explain it in that Tie In with the alien by explaining how Phoenix acted through its Hosts and what the lights were all about, but in the end nobody almost cared.

In the end the reason or plot for which they were created was taken from them.

Primal was my favorite, and he too has been criminally underexploited after Gillen left. Maybe other people don't know how to write him.

Hope is great, but she's also too OP.
    Whenever she's in a team, she forgets her powers 90% of the time and just uses guns.
    I hope she joins the Champions or another non-mutant team with less powers to copy.

I hope Zero is back now. He was wasted, IMO. Maybe he could join the Fallen Angels.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

I really miss Brittonic.

two lights are out, only 3 left.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    two lights are out, only 3 left.
    Considering Krakoa's abilities, Velocidad and Kenji can easily be brought back.

Kenji isn’t even dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Kenji isn’t even dead.
    Hard to keep track with that guy.

He seems like a natural fit for messing around on Krakoa, his power set being what it is.